Cruise Critic Community
molly361

Will Florida cruises start back up BEFORE the end of 2020?

Posted (edited)

Here we go.  My vote in the  poll was for October.  Now I'm not so sure

Edited by molly361

Just now, molly361 said:

Here we go.

Not sure these kinds of threads are better than mask threads, though these seem to have a better chance not getting locked.

I have always thought they would not start up until sometime in 2021.

My thought - there is no way to predict other than a wild guess. The cruise lines themselves can't, let alone the public.

A few weeks ago, I had hope and thought short cruises out of Port Canaveral would start up.  But now, sadly I have doubts and really think things won't get going until next year.

There will be no cruises this year from the big lines. In an informal way it have been told no way in NY/NJ.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

We will need to wait and see, but as long as the numbers will not drastically go down in the US cruising can't resume as the risk of outbreaks will be too high. Hence once numbers will develop a positive trend we will get closer for the first ship to sail again.

Doubtful, but we have cruises booked every 60 days throughout 2021. Figure we can cancel them one at a time prior to final payment dates - sort of like maritime dominoes.😷

disappointed in the rate increase and hospitalization. When Florida depends so much on tourism, I though they have this under control. Hoping for florida sailing to control port, labadee or coco cay but does not look good in the short term or even mid term. Will keep holding Nov and Dec booking until final payment then S&L to next year. 

Something to think about:  even if the CDC were to give the go ahead for ships out of Florida to sail; no guarantee that the port counties/cities will permit docking.  

And who can guess what will happen to Jacksonville port at the end of August.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Here we go.  My vote in the  poll was for October.  Now I'm not so sure

You DID start the thread....LOL!  Good one!  🙂 

Simple to find out which cruises are about to be cancelled.....just follow the after my final payment history.   😄 😄 

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, island lady said:

You DID start the thread....LOL!  Good one!  🙂 

Simple to find out which cruises are about to be cancelled.....just follow the after my final payment history.   😄 😄 

Next up for us is the end of October

Don’t hold your breath.  With the major ports in FL in the middle of the uptick in cases, I fully expect those counties to go back on lockdown this fall.

Keep an eye on Florida virus spread,  how the Orlando theme park re-openings go and whether air travel picks up.

Posted (edited)

Doubt the major lines will sail from anywhere in the US before November or December, won't be surprised if it's longer.  Even when they do, what sailings/ships/itin's for the first couple months?  They're not likely to flip a switch and honor all existing reservations immediately (or sail at 100% occupancy), so the cancellation/refund chaos will probably easily continue into 2021.

We lifted and shifted everything so the next cruise is October 2021.  4 cruises with a total of only 1,300.00 in deposits.  Happy we don't have much money sitting out there.

Edited by bouhunter

44 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The ax is looking at my B2B 9/27 and 10/4 as next chopping to be done.   Then on to 10/18 Barcelona three leg.  Sigh...where does it end?  😞 

I vote no....with the country re-opening, there will be a second wave. Even though people will not panic as before because it is expected and will pass. Should not be any lock downs, people know what to do and use common sense and those with  underlying medical issues take extra care.
But it will be enough for the cruise lines to think twice.

So, sometime 2021...spring is my vote

Once they cancel the Allure TA, I will have cancelled, rebooked, lifted and shifted everything until May 2021. It will probably take that long to get refunds and FCCs. I originally voted for November. For no apparent reason, I’ll stick with that.

mac_tlc

6 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Doesn't sound too good from what the bias media says. You may spin it anyway you want. Just stay safe!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/20/florida-covid19-surge-reopening-governor-desantis-coronavirus

There is nothing we can do to stop it....quarantine only delays the inevitable. People are going to get sick, get medical help if needed and survive, with the antibodies.

Elderly and ill, take extra care.

Media loves the #'s, higher the better, but will not give statistics as far as a breakdown of age groups, etc.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, B-52 said:

Media loves the #'s, higher the better, but will not give statistics as far as a breakdown of age groups, etc.

I have seen a couple of breakdowns by age groups. If you are really interested, I will find and post. 

However,  I truly don't believe the media loves the higher numbers. I think some stre trying to convince is that this is a hoax or going away. Now, that is a delusion. JMHO!

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#AgeAndSex

Many more stats, too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortality_due_to_COVID-19#Mortality_by_age

Edited by Oxo

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Is it a short sailing, or a full 7 day sailing?  If they sail like supposedly proposed by the boards here, they were talking short sailings with less capacity in the beginning. Hopefully it works out for you, my fingers are crossed. 

Posted (edited)

Has to open, have 3 Cruises in Nov first 2 sailing out Florida. But just in case have backup Cruises Booked in Spring and in Summer 2021

Edited by ONECRUISER

49 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Is it a short sailing, or a full 7 day sailing?  If they sail like supposedly proposed by the boards here, they were talking short sailings with less capacity in the beginning. Hopefully it works out for you, my fingers are crossed. 

Thanks  3 nights on the Mariner out of PC

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Thanks  3 nights on the Mariner out of PC

Sounds more promising as it is a 3 dayer. Fingers crossed for you.