Cruise Critic Community
molly361

Will Florida cruises start back up BEFORE the end of 2020?

2 minutes ago, Motorman23 said:

The Op asked

Will Florida cruises start back up BEFORE the end of 2020?

The answer is no.... most likely not before April 2021 and only if a vaccine is available.

Now.... the rest of you can get back on your soapbox to argue about the dysfunctional society the US has descended to and the Internets latest medical advice about coronavirus.

Personally I'm praying you're wrong. I have cruises in Nov, Dec, Feb and Mar that I'm hoping will sail.

No chance of cruising out of Florida in 2020.

The numbers in all the America’s are going through the roof, a new record every day.  Unfortunately, opening up too soon has been a disaster for the USA.  The horse has bolted!  The curve you HAVE to flatten is the ACTIVE cases curve.

Based on the Australian government, international cruising most likely 2022 once a vaccine is available.

1 hour ago, RKHOOKER said:

The numbers in all the America’s are going through the roof, a new record every day.  Unfortunately, opening up too soon has been a disaster for the USA.  The horse has bolted!  The curve you HAVE to flatten is the ACTIVE cases curve.

Based on the Australian government, international cruising most likely 2022 once a vaccine is available.

Well, if it's 2022, then there will likely be no cruise industry left.

Wowza.  Just returned from eating at a bar in a restaurant. Rockland County,  NY. Social distancing, masks as required.

Beach tomorrow. 🏖️

I am thinking positive. Happy 4th to you all. ♥️🤍💙

2 hours ago, RKHOOKER said:

I do love how people in other countries make judgments about the US.  I live in a state where numbers are going down.  The Australian government, even though they think so, are not the authority on what will happen.  

On 7/2/2020 at 8:47 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

My colors 

6A7F2C04-15D4-4F44-870A-B78FAD8A7C02.jpeg

EE427468-405A-41BD-84A0-8B9629CAD51A.jpeg

Like isn't enough.  Love this!!!

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The Coronavirus does not know or care if it is at a protest, a rally, in a bar, indoors at a restaurant, or on the beach.  If it can jump from person A to person B, it will.  

From a story I just saw, apparently 46% of people infected do not know where/how they caught it.

18 minutes ago, BND said:

I do love how people in other countries make judgments about the US.  I live in a state where numbers are going down.  The Australian government, even though they think so, are not the authority on what will happen.  

I am glad your state numbers are going down - that is great news.   I don't think most people in other countries are sitting in 'judgement' - I think it is deep concern and care.   Many of us (particularly cruisers) have made good friends from the US.  If you are interested in a good resource/authority look at Dr John Campbell's videos.  He is in the UK.  He has been analyzing what is going on globally since the beginning and just done an analysis of the US.  He tries to avoid any politics. 

Edited by lucymorgan

So right- I have made so many friends during 25 year of cruising - either RCCL or X- or Cunard- never a " German Ship"! To many of my people there. LOL. I care and feel sorry - just the other day I said to my partner- " oh my- what happens in my beautyfull America..!

3 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Well, if it's 2022, then there will likely be no cruise industry left.

While there may be some reorganization, there is simply too much money tied up in hulls. Hulls that are not very valuable if they can't be used for cruising.

On 6/28/2020 at 4:16 PM, Tree_skier said:

That certainly makes sense here on this thread but what I failed to make clear in my post was that I was referring to the media in general.  Lots of articles and reports about FL and TX but very quiet in regards to CA.

The real reason would involve discussing a prohibited topic.  I think you knew that.  Welcome to the club.  

CA was a lot more restrictive, but the spread still happened.  The media didn’t want us to notice.