Balcony cabin location

Packman1000

Generally speaking, is there a "better" side of the ship for a balcony cabin?  Maybe one that faces the pier more often?  Or one that has better view coming into or leaving a port?  I am also considering the rear most side cabin on the Emerald (like C742 or C743) as I understand the balcony may be a bit larger and no one is on one side.  I have been on aft facing balconies - while nice with a larger balcony, I didn't find the price premium to be worth it for us.  Any suggestions?

Emerald Princess is a Grand Class ship. These ships have 9' x 9' balconies on deck 10, caribe deck, which have 5 foot of cover and 4 foot uncovered. Other decks have 9' x 5' balconies that are covered. We have had cabins on both port and starboard sides. Very little difference, if any. When the ship is sailing basically north/south you will get either morning or afternoon sun. When the ship is sailing east/west your will get either all day sun or all day shade. Figure out the route if sun is important to you. Ships dock either side to the dock, depends on the port, tides, wind and other operational factors.