Jump to content

If I get cancelled twice, can you still get a refund?


Recommended Posts

I havent paid enough attention to the rules and get them confused with rcl.

 

So if I got cancelled in June, rebooked with fcc and obc, and the cruise is cancelled again, can I get a refund? I'm sure someone has been cancelled twice.

 

I know on rcl once you use a fcc, and the cruise is cancelled you just get the fcc refunded, cant get refunded to your credit card.

 

I'm expecting to get cancelled monday and want to know for sure if I use the fcc to rebook, later on if I get cancelled again I can request a refund to my credit card. If i cant get refunded if i use the fcc, I'll request a refund monday. 

 

Right now I'm booked for oct and thinking I could make it a b2b, but dont want to make it nonrefundable. Yes, I know oct is iffy, but im already booked on a cruise., make it a b2b and if cancelled move to a new b2b date. Some think cruises could cancel out to next march, who knows. I will call carnival and ask about refund rules if no one here knows. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I havent paid enough attention to the rules and get them confused with rcl.

 

So if I got cancelled in June, rebooked with fcc and obc, and the cruise is cancelled again, can I get a refund? I'm sure someone has been cancelled twice.

 

I know on rcl once you use a fcc, and the cruise is cancelled you just get the fcc refunded, cant get refunded to your credit card.

 

I'm expecting to get cancelled monday and want to know for sure if I use the fcc to rebook, later on if I get cancelled again I can request a refund to my credit card. If i cant get refunded if i use the fcc, I'll request a refund monday. 

 

Right now I'm booked for oct and thinking I could make it a b2b, but dont want to make it nonrefundable. Yes, I know oct is iffy, but im already booked on a cruise., make it a b2b and if cancelled move to a new b2b date. Some think cruises could cancel out to next march, who knows. I will call carnival and ask about refund rules if no one here knows. 

Good question. I have used the fcc so if my September and October cruises are cancelled (both with FCC) then we are just taking refunds. If you find out, please share. I think there still is the option for the refund. I remember for my September cruise talking about it with the Carnival rep since that cruise was booked with 3 cancelled cruises FCC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

April cruise was cancelled, rebooked for June...also cancelled, rebooked a third time for August, it was cancelled. As far as I know, I have until 12/31 to make a decision on refund or rebook and sail by 12/31/22

 

Given how fluid the situation is, we have extended this offer until December 31, 2020 for you to make a selection.  After that, you will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit*.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dsnutz said:

April cruise was cancelled, rebooked for June...also cancelled, rebooked a third time for August, it was cancelled. As far as I know, I have until 12/31 to make a decision on refund or rebook and sail by 12/31/22

 

Given how fluid the situation is, we have extended this offer until December 31, 2020 for you to make a selection.  After that, you will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit*.
 

Good to know. I may move my august cruise to october as a b2b with the other I have booked. 

 

Prices in fall of 2021 to me are sky high. In all honesty the 5 I have booked on rcl are al, better deals, though they didnt offer good rebooking terms and I got a refund on 2nd fcc with them. Too many rules on rcl fcc. But the prices were much better than what I can book on carnival. 

 

I just didnt want to rebook on carnival and get stuck with fcc I couldn't use if they keep cancelling my cruises. I'm pretty well booked up now with carnival this oct, and the 5 on rcl starting in january. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on the 5/25 Legend that cancelled, rebooked the 5/25 Sunrise which later got cancelled. I have received 2/3 of my refund and the last 1/3 is in process. They had to do something extra to refund the piece that was considered the “cancellation” penalty in their system that was moved from Legend to Sunrise. 
 

(Yes, I know there wasn’t an actual cancellation penalty. Just something funky in Carnivals system. It shows as “credits/coupons” in my payment summary.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Doctorsbaby, how did you manage to get money back already!??? Our cruise was cancelled and we opted for refund on May 4th and have heard nothing. I did the online refund through the carnival site and I think our cruise planner may have put in for the refund for us as well. Is there a way to find out "when" our refund may come? Should I call? We've rebooked a different vacation on land and could really use that money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cruzmomma77 said:

Doctorsbaby, how did you manage to get money back already!??? Our cruise was cancelled and we opted for refund on May 4th and have heard nothing. I did the online refund through the carnival site and I think our cruise planner may have put in for the refund for us as well. Is there a way to find out "when" our refund may come? Should I call? We've rebooked a different vacation on land and could really use that money.

It can take up to 90 days to get a refund, that's the downside

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cruzmomma77 said:

Doctorsbaby, how did you manage to get money back already!??? Our cruise was cancelled and we opted for refund on May 4th and have heard nothing. I did the online refund through the carnival site and I think our cruise planner may have put in for the refund for us as well. Is there a way to find out "when" our refund may come? Should I call? We've rebooked a different vacation on land and could really use that money.

My cruise was cancelled mid-April because it was a NYC sailing. I filled out the online form immediately and also heard from my PVP a week or so later. He verified that it showed a refund requested. 
 

There is a thread running around here somewhere that people were posting cancelled dates & when they actually received a refund. Maybe check it out to see if anyone has updated from around your cancel date.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, drsel said:

You can't get a cash refund, because you used a FCC to book the 2nd Cruise

So since I have not used the fcc for the cruise that will be cancelled tomorrow. If I might want a refund later, I'm better off asking for refund. If I want to book the b2b, start new. 

 

$300 obc isnt that enticing. Too bad I only booked a 5 not a 6 day and get the $600 obc option. 

 

I already have the oct 4th freedom booked and used a fcc to book it so have one nonrefundable already. Still considering a panama cruise instead of b2b next year if I have to move freedom. I dont think I want two that are nonrefundable. Carnival is closed the phone number I tried to call and discuss options. Thought they were open 24/7. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct me if I’m wrong but FCC and OBC are two different things, right? FCC, at least in my case, is money I have paid as cruise fare, not freebie funds Carnival is using to keep

me from cancelling...that’s the $300. The refund process took so long, kicking the can down the road 3 times, from initial cancellation of April cruise till the May announcement of “limited August restart” that excludes my home port.
 

Just went back to look, my 3rd rebook was April 27, “sorry we’re not restarting Charleston in August” cancellation letter came 5/4😢. Each rebook was cheaper so we finally got the difference back a few weeks ago. We’re going back and forth on just saying eff it, send me the remainder And booking something in 2021. Likely going this route since we currently have almost $800 in OBC, seems foolish to give that up. 

F1321BFC-8E3F-4A40-9E19-FD2DD84A8D0C.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had booked a June cruise. It was cancelled by Carnival. We chose to rebook for an August cruise. It was cheaper. Carnival refunded the extra money except for $180 which they applied to OBC. Our August cruise has been cancelled by Carnival.  All money to be refunded except that $180. They are not refunding it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...