Cruise Critic Community
ZoeyVictoria

Is there any advantage to calling to request a refund vs. using the provided link?

I am not willing to deal with the requirements of using FCCs and will request refunds for my cruises due to be cancelled next week.  I have read posts about requesting refunds by using the link on the cancellation email, but receiving no verification of the requested refund.  In all honesty, I do not remember on which cruise line those comments were posted, possibly not Royal.  Would it be better to just deal with the telephone hold times right in the beginning to request the refunds, or do you feel confident that the link will be effective?  If I have to call later to verify that a refund is in the works, I might as well just call in the first place.

5 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I am not willing to deal with the requirements of using FCCs and will request refunds for my cruises due to be cancelled next week.  I have read posts about requesting refunds by using the link on the cancellation email, but receiving no verification of the requested refund.  In all honesty, I do not remember on which cruise line those comments were posted, possibly not Royal.  Would it be better to just deal with the telephone hold times right in the beginning to request the refunds, or do you feel confident that the link will be effective?  If I have to call later to verify that a refund is in the works, I might as well just call in the first place.

I always call when dealing with things like this.  Hold times aren’t bad early morning or late night. 

29 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I used the link on Royal's website to request a refund in March. I did not receive verification. I asked my TA to check and she was able to verify that Royal had received my request. I did not receive any notification from Royal until early May when I received an email apologizing for the delay in processing refunds. I received a partial refund a couple of days later. They may have updated the process since then. If I had it to do over again, I would call Royal directly to request a refund or ask my TA to do the refund request. 

Posted (edited)

Hi

We requested our refund online - it was super easy to do.

We were booked on Oasis 6/27/20 in a Grand Suite.  

The announcement that the sailing was cancelled came on 5/20/20. 

On 5/22/20 I was on the website and in the page where it talks about cancellations, there is a link to request a refund.

I went there and it asked me some information and I continued clicking through.  At the end you get a confirmation screen that you can print saying “You’re all set” and that you will see your refund in about 30-45 days.

I received my refund in two separate amounts (one for the deposit and one for the balance) that added up to our total paid on 6/6/20 (so just over 2 weeks).

We  booked with a TA but I was able to click through to request the refund on my own since the sailing was cancelled by Royal Caribbean.  I was pleasantly surprised how easy and efficiently it worked that time.  

Noreen

Edited by Noreen411

Thanks for the responses.  Sounds like calling will be the best choice.  Now I just need to wait for the announcement and get more sad news over with 😢.   This is getting harder to deal with every time.