Might not get cancelled this time around, but suspect this isnt last round of cancellations.

Good luck. I'm booked for oct myself and think I'll have to sit on my hands another month before its known. Just saying right now I'm not optimistic.

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Might not get cancelled this time around, but suspect this isnt last round of cancellations.

Good luck. I'm booked for oct myself and think I'll have to sit on my hands another month before its known. Just saying right now I'm not optimistic.

I’m not either. Most likely will make final payment on my B2B & wait a few months for a refund. Have non-refundable deposits on both & with my third-party insurance will have problems if I do a L&S. 

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

What are the chances of Oasis October cruises leaving out of Bayonne?

The NJ season for Oasis is over before it even started, there is 99.999% chance that the cruise will not happen. By then if we are lucky some cruises out of FL will begin to Coco Cay if at all and likely this will also not happen before November.

19 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Most likely will make final payment on my B2B & wait a few months for a refund. 

Why give them money right now?  I may be wrong, but I think even non-refundable deposits can be rolled into a FCC?  Seems like a much better option than giving them more money to hold for who knows how long.

37 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Why give them money right now?  I may be wrong, but I think even non-refundable deposits can be rolled into a FCC?  Seems like a much better option than giving them more money to hold for who knows how long.

For a FCC I thought I needed to wait until RCL cancelled & that most likely will be after final payment. They are both NRD 

Just my opinion, but after having 4 cruises cancelled so far this year (I know that is not a lot to many on this board) I don't feel any cruises will go from most areas in 2020 or early 2021.   We are going to hold our FCC certificates until there is a better outlook towards a firmer date.  No more additional final payments to Royal or any other line until this is whole issue is resolved because they are holding enough money from us (and many others).  As I said, just my opinion - sorry if it sounds too negative.  

I think it’s getting closer to nil with this. .  But I think the problem may also be the NY ports won’t open by then. 
another question,
Has anyone successfully take a FCC and apply towards payment of a previously booked cruise? Or used 2 FCC from 2 cancelled cruises and Combined Them towards 1 new one?

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

Why give them money right now?

Because if you don't make final payment RCI could just cancel the reservation under "normal" rules. The only way to get a refund is to have RCI cancel and very few times have any cancelled sailings been outside of US final payment (typically 90 days).

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

For a FCC I thought I needed to wait until RCL cancelled & that most likely will be after final payment. They are both NRD 

You can cancel any cruise up to 48 hours before it sails and get the money you have paid converted to an FCC. LOL at 48 hours.

If you have a NRD you need to wait until the cruise is canceled to get your money back.

To get the bonus FCC, 125 percent or whatever it is, you have to wait until they cancel the cruise.

6 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

You can cancel any cruise up to 48 hours before it sails and get the money you have paid converted to an FCC. LOL at 48 hours.

If you have a NRD you need to wait until the cruise is canceled to get your money back.

To get the bonus FCC, 125 percent or whatever it is, you have to wait until they cancel the cruise.

TU. That’s what I thought. I already have a few FCC & don’t want any more. 

We are booked on the Oct.4 sailing. I am expecting it to be cancelled. We were on the last Anthem cruise before the shutdown. It was a great cruise, even though somewhat worrisome due to the uncertainty at that time. We were looking forward to trying out Oasis -- but it will probably have to wait. We feel like RCI could be more forthcoming with their plans, especially if they want to maintain good relationships with loyal cruisers. 

22 hours ago, LorraineP said:

What are the chances of Oasis October cruises leaving out of Bayonne?

There is a good chance that it will operate as scheduled. It is after the reopening date and a ship with provides the best ability to operate safely. 

51 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

There is a good chance that it will operate as scheduled. It is after the reopening date and a ship with provides the best ability to operate safely. 

You mean the "reopening date" that has been extended over and over?

Tomorrow would have been the day Oasis arrived at Portland, Maine, for the first and probably only time. Oh what a sight that would have been with a 5 am sunrise. Squint at this pic and use your imagination. Maybe in 2022? 🙂

Document?documentID=17383