Future of Fleet below Voyager Class

We really like the Radiance class ships.  Some of our best cruises were also on smaller ships.  We are supposed to be on Allure in October and is is to be our first MEGA ship.  Not sure that is happening.  Thought that a nice long TA would be great to get to know the ship.  It was supposed to me Amped, but then we would not know the difference.  Some lines keep older ships up better than others.  We sailed on the Carnival Holiday, it was past its prime and still lasted for years!  The old Regal Princess was unique and we were on one of her last voyages before she went to P&O.  Very nice ship.  What ever decisons are made, it will end up being survival of the fittest.  

That Majesty an Empess ar likely to be victims of COVID-19 is realistic and also that all the Vision Class ships will have left the fleet within next 5 years.

RCL will just need to ask themselves the question going forward if it's only about Mega ships or if it would make sense to eventually at least replace the Radiance Class Fleet with a ship that could be in size between Radiance and Voyager Class that would fit into all ports currently covered by Vision and Radiance Class size ships.

We really love the Radiance class. We were supposed to sail a 10 night on Serenade this past April and then we would have sailed on all 4 Radiance ships. I would be very upset if they decided to get rid of them.
Im not a big fan of the huge mega ships, they’re a bit impersonal to me.

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

They’re selling different products. It wouldn’t make any sense to divide on a purely geographic basis. 

If you are in the EU do you want all that toys on the ship , usually you have limited seadays , and are in port all day 

Carnival putted out of the EU  left it to  princess And HAL 

RCL could do the same 

What constitutes as being “below” Voyager Class? I ask because Radiance class can be either above (in terms of age) or below (size and capacity). I think there is a market for Radiance class ships as it still offer many of the experiences and amenities of the larger ships.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I can see getting rid of some Vision Class ships, but not the Radiance, which are newer and larger, but can go anywhere the Vision Class can go.

Radiance class might be a bit tight in Cuban ports.

On 6/28/2020 at 8:20 PM, Airbalancer said:

Will RCL just stay in NA and leave EU to Celebrity and Azamara 

On 6/28/2020 at 10:58 PM, Airbalancer said:

If you are in the EU do you want all that toys on the ship , usually you have limited seadays , and are in port all day 

Carnival putted out of the EU  left it to  princess And HAL 

RCL could do the same 

Carnival has a strong presence in Europe through their equivalent brands Aida (mainly catering to the German speaking market), Costa (Catering mainly to the Italian and also other European markets) and P&O (UK market) Hence Carnival doesn't need on top of it a large presence in Europe with their own branded ships as they have for that equivalent local brands.

The RCL brand as such is more diverse and more international and since their product is more aimed at people with families and younger crowds whereas X is offering more itinarary driven itinararies and caters for crowds of 45+. Although the Edge Class is really aiming also for younger people looking for some stylish holidays it is important to have both brands present also in Europe. Both X and RCL are appreciated by lots of Europeans, not only on Europe itinararies that aim for a more international environment and choose to travel with RCL instead of the mentioned brands above.

If RCL eliminates Vision and Radiance classes altogether, that means no more sailing out of either Baltimore or Tampa, due to the bridge clearance problem. I can't see them walking away from those two profitable markets outside of a bankruptcy reorganization-required downsizing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eaglesfaninfl said:

If RCL eliminates Vision and Radiance classes altogether, that means no more sailing out of either Baltimore or Tampa, due to the bridge clearance problem. I can't see them walking away from those two profitable markets outside of a bankruptcy reorganization-required downsizing.

We departed from a cruise once in Tampa , what a terrible experience

we didn’t get off the ship until 2 pm, no cabs around 

I will not do a cruise if it starts or finish in Tampa again 

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2020 at 11:55 AM, Airbalancer said:

We departed from a cruise once in Tampa , what a terrible experience

we didn’t get off the ship until 2 pm, no cabs around 

I will not do a cruise if it starts or finish in Tampa again 

I like Tampa because there is a Marriott connected to the airport.  I can go directly from baggage claim to the hotel checkin and never leave the airport.  I also arrange my ship transportation in advance.

3 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I like Tampa because there is a Marriott connected to the airport.  I can go directly from baggage claim to the hotel checkin and never leave the airport.  I also arrange my ship transportation in advance.

I think MCO has an attached airport, but it's expensive 

Majesty is now in Portsmouth ( that is about 15 miles away from Southampton - a big naval port)

It’s interesting how they describe her as “huge” and also how they say she will be relocated here.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/business/portsmouth-welcomes-biggest-ship-ever-citys-harbour-after-huge-upgrade-port-2910130

28 minutes ago, little britain said:

It’s interesting how they describe her as “huge” and also how they say she will be relocated here.

Might as well start the questions:

When RCI starts cruising from there, what's the best way to get to port from LHR?😇

37 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Might as well start the questions:

When RCI starts cruising from there, what's the best way to get to port from LHR?😇

Portsmouth is on the direct train from LGW . You would need to get off at Portsmouth &Southsea and catch a cab.  1hr 37mins on the train for £17pp one way 

From LHR I would have to say get into London then catch direct fast train from London Waterloo.

Or get the rail air link to Woking then catch the train ( the one that has come from Waterloo).
Or drive. 

Edited by little britain