Jump to content

The Daily for Monday Jun 22, 2020


richwmn
 Share

Recommended Posts

today is National Chocolate Eclair Day, National Onion Ring Day, and  Tale Your Cat To Work Day
 

Economists can certainly disappoint you.  One said that the economy
would turn up by the last quarter.  Well, I'm down to mine and it
hasn't.
        -- Robert Orben

 

 

 

Meal suggestion for today - Hot Chicken Salad


Wine for today - Moccagatta Barbaresco Bric Balin, vintage 2015


At Sea Indian Ocean
Eurodam destination Singapore eta 6/21
Veendam destination Benoa Indonesia eta 6/24
Zuiderdam destination Manila eta 6/25


At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam destination Balboa Panama eta 6/23


Balboa Panama
Oosterdam


Lubuan
Maasdam


Manila Anchorage
Amsterdam
Nieuw Amsterdam
Noordam
Rotterdam
Volendam


Singapore Anchorage
Westerdam


Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam docked at Ijmuiden
Zaandam

 

 

 

0622Manila.png

Manila Anchorage

 

0622Sing.png

Ships around Singapore

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the Daily, Rich 🙂 

 

Chocolate Eclairs and Onion Rings - yum 🙂 

 

Loved Orben’s quote.  

 

It’s Discovery Day in Newfoundland so, Happy Discovery Day to all our Newfoundland friends out there 😄 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good Monday Morning.

Thank you for the Daily Report.  Love the maps.

Chocolate Eclair Day!  Onion Ring Day!  And that wine sounds great.  I don't need a meal suggestion now.😊  Keep up the good work.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Stay healthy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today is National Chocolate Eclair Day.  Would love to have one of those this morning.  National Onion Ring Day.  Those too.  Take Your Cat To Work Day.  Take mine to work everyday as I'm retired and she watches me make papercrafts.  Good morning everyone.  I hope this begins a great week for you all.  Thank you Rich for the daily.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites, hope you are all doing well!

 

Happy Discovery Day to our Newfoundlanders! Thank you @kazu, for letting us know. Any update on your foot?  I am beginning to feel as if I am harassing you, so perhaps I should just sit tight and wait for you to share any update. 

 

I can not believe that I am about to say this but... the one chocolate item I could take or leave is a chocolate eclair. I know, I am shocked, too!  Now take your cat to work day can be so much fun. Prior to retiring, I worked from home one day a week. My youngest cat loved to make cameo appearances. She was famous, or perhaps - infamous.

 

The meal sounds good. The wine sounds amazing. And the author of the quote has a great feel for satire.
 

My CC Sisters - hope all is well and you are just busy! @DeeniEncinitas& @Seasick Sailor, good vibes winging their way to you!

 

Stay well everyone!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I know I've said this before, but if it wasn't for your daily posts, I wouldn't have a clue what day or date it was! 

 

BTW, you had me at chocolate.  And wine.

 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Happy Discovery Day to our Newfoundlanders! Thank you @kazu, for letting us know. Any update on your foot?  I am beginning to feel as if I am harassing you, so perhaps I should just sit tight and wait for you to share any update. 

 

LOL - you’re out harassing me 😉 

I just won’t know anything until Wednesday, sadly.

It’s been a LONG  wait.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, kazu said:

 

LOL - you’re out harassing me 😉 

I just won’t know anything until Wednesday, sadly.

It’s been a LONG  wait.

 

Alternate quote of the day from John Milton

"They also serve who only stand and wait"

 

Roy

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alternate dinner suggestion: Asian Ribs--

 

Recipe:

Crispy Asian Ribs
By Chef Jon Ashton

Ingredients

Ribs:
3 racks of baby back ribs
8 peeled and smashed garlic cloves
½ cup sliced fresh ginger
6 scallions, thinly sliced white and green parts separated
4 star anise pods
1 ½ cups soy sauce
½ cup dry white wine
Zest and juice from 1 navel orange
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup cilantro stems
¼ cup coarsely chopped cilantro

Sauce: 
2 tablespoons canola oil 
6 minced garlic cloves
¼ cup minced ginger
2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
1 cup hoisin sauce

Crispy Coating:
Canola oil 
½ cup All-purpose flour
½ cup cornstarch

Directions:

Prepare ribs: Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs with a butter knife and a paper towel. Slice ribs into sections of two. 

Arrange the ribs standing up along the outer edge of the Instant Pot or pressure cooker, making a wall (ring) with the meat side of the ribs facing out. Continue with the remaining ribs, arranging them to make circles. Add the remaining 10 ingredients to the center of the pot and add enough water to fill up pot. Close lid and cook for 30 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally.

Let ribs cool in fridge or in the pot for a few hours. I usually let mine cool overnight. This helps the ribs firm up.

Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat canola oil to medium-high. Add the minced garlic and ginger and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the brown sugar, ketchup and hoisin sauce and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, be sure to stir frequently, so sauce doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat. Taste for seasoning. 

Heat a shallow frying pan with oil to 375 F.

Whisk the flour with the cornstarch. Working in batches, remove ribs from pot and dry and slice into individual ribs. Toss the ribs in the flour mixture and shake off the excess.

Shallow fry ribs, turning until each side until golden. Transfer the ribs to paper towels to drain briefly, then brush them with sauce and serve. 

Note: If you prefer not to deep fry, you can always remove the ribs, dry them and brush with sauce and cook under broiler to crisp up. If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can braise the ribs in a covered roasting pan at 400 F for 2 hours. Be sure to cover the ribs with extra water to stop them from drying out. 

Serves 4-6 people 

 

 

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites, hope you are all doing well!

 

Happy Discovery Day to our Newfoundlanders! Thank you @kazu, for letting us know. Any update on your foot?  I am beginning to feel as if I am harassing you, so perhaps I should just sit tight and wait for you to share any update. 

 

I can not believe that I am about to say this but... the one chocolate item I could take or leave is a chocolate eclair. I know, I am shocked, too!  Now take your cat to work day can be so much fun. Prior to retiring, I worked from home one day a week. My youngest cat loved to make cameo appearances. She was famous, or perhaps - infamous.

 

The meal sounds good. The wine sounds amazing. And the author of the quote has a great feel for satire.
 

My CC Sisters - hope all is well and you are just busy! @DeeniEncinitas& @Seasick Sailor, good vibes winging their way to you!

 

Stay well everyone!

Good morning Cat and to everyone! Been up in Monterey at our favorite hotel so enjoying our week! My favorite of all time mammal is the precious 🦦 otters! We have been ocean kayaking near the aquarium and so many otters that get up close and personal! Riding bikes and just relaxing!!Wearing our masks and as well as everyone! Happy to see that. We decided to just get away and drive up the coast! 
will be up in a Big Sur which I love!

Sorry for not chiming in !! I appreciate how much you care! 
To all on CC HAPPY MONDAY TO ALL!

Denise😊

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good morning Cat and to everyone! Been up in Monterey at our favorite hotel so enjoying our week! My favorite of all time mammal is the precious 🦦 otters! We have been ocean kayaking near the aquarium and so many otters that get up close and personal! Riding bikes and just relaxing!!Wearing our masks and as well as everyone! Happy to see that. We decided to just get away and drive up the coast! 
will be up in a Big Sur which I love!

Sorry for not chiming in !! I appreciate how much you care! 
To all on CC HAPPY MONDAY TO ALL!

Denise😊


 

Ooh, Denise!
 

Monterey, Big Sur, the Coast Road, the color of the ocean!  I am so happy that you two escaped there.

 

And I am very impressed that you kayak on the Pacific!

 

It is great to see you!  Stay well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for the report!  I love both chocolate eclairs and onion rings. My cat is always around. 🙂 Love the quote, although I don't always have much change in my wallet, so quarters are few and far between. Chicken salad sounds good for supper.

 

Stay well!

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy Monday,

What's not to love about the three food suggestions.  We had chicken salad for lunch today and it was delicious.  It wasn't hot however.

Hope everyone had a good Father's Day.  We went to our daughter's house and our son and DIL were there too.  It was a hot and humid afternoon with thunder in the background but no storm.  Great food too and it was a lovely visit. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I know I've said this before, but if it wasn't for your daily posts, I wouldn't have a clue what day or date it was! 

 

BTW, you had me at chocolate.  And wine.

 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

 

Maybe these would help:

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Brand-Womens-Cotton-Medium/dp/B07PBKJCH9/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=day+of+the+week+undies+women&qid=1592891088&sprefix=day+of+the+week+undies&sr=8-3

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...