Ships for sale, anyone want to buy a ship?

shof515

29 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That first link says not available. The second one is no surprise. The third one is the interesting one. They are listing a destiny class ship which I assume has has to be victory.

What ship is the second link? Would be very surprised if the third ship was the Victory, but I could be wrong. Sunrise maybe?

That first link says not available. The second one is no surprise. The third one is the interesting one. They are listing a destiny class ship which I assume has has to be victory.

Actually, with the info they give on it down the page, it shows it built in 1999 and rebuilt in 2019. Which would make it the Triumph/Sunrise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 3

Just now, msmith198025 said:

Actually, with the info they give on it down the page, it shows it built in 1999 and rebuilt in 2019. Which would make it the Triumph/Sunrise.

My thoughts exactly. Also notice the seller notes the flag on said ship as the Bahamas (Sunrise). The Victory/Radiance has/will have the Panama flag. Again, just my thought it is the Sunrise.

7 minutes ago, msmith198025 said:

Didn’t notice the rebuilt part. I would’ve thought if it were sunshine or sunrise they would’ve listed it as sunshine class as they do on their website. Guess not.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

That first link says not available. 

Sorry, you're too late.  I already bought it, needed something for the 4th of July.  Think it will tow behind my Hyundai?

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

Any speculation on why they might be selling the recently rebuilt Sunrise? They invested all that money modernizing it, it seems odd that ship would be one to go.

Unless they are hoping to get a good price for it and raise some revenue, which is why they are selling a recently rebuilt, and thus presumably more desirable, ship? Because it might sell for more? That's all I can think of.

• Like 1

I believe these are all planned sales. The Fantasy class ship appears to be Ecstasy and that has well been known to be leaving Carnival's fleet as last sailing was already announced.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Edited by bobandsherry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Any speculation on why they might be selling the recently rebuilt Sunrise? They invested all that money modernizing it, it seems odd that ship would be one to go.

Unless they are hoping to get a good price for it and raise some revenue, which is why they are selling a recently rebuilt, and thus presumably more desirable, ship? Because it might sell for more? That's all I can think of.

Who would buy?? 
Asian market?? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Okay folks, here's the reality.  CCL can list any ships for sale it wants.  That doesn't mean they will be sold.  Take Sunrise for a moment.  If someone comes up with something approaching $350MM, she'll be gone.  If not, she sails on as a Carnival ship indefinitely or perhaps gets transferred to another family line.  The Fantasy has literally been 'for sale' for better part of a decade.  She still sailed every week up until the shutdown.  Now some ships may end up in mothballs during a slow reopening but it's not going to be a ship they spent $200MM on in the last 18 months.

The real question is whether some of the ships in the line are ultimately destined for salvage.  THAT becomes a real possibility with what will assuredly be over capacity in the market.  There are some obvious choices mostly to include the least upgraded Fantasy Class ships as well as the yet to be retrofitted Victory assuming the shipyard contract can be cancelled without massive financial ramifications.

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 2

Its not about buying the ship but rather about maintaining it. No that many people know that its not hard to buy a ship or a plance, its about keeping it in shape which is like 3 times more expensive than the the ship/plane itself. Those of you who own a car, just count how much it cost to do service from time to time. Now imagine doing the same thing for a huge ship with a crew