FCC uses

Has anyone taken a FCC from a cancelled cruise, and successfully applied it towards a payment on a booked cruise, not use it as deposit money on a new one?

And/or used 2 Future Cruise Credits from 2 different cancelled Cruises and applied together for only  1 new one? 

Apologies if this has already been answered ( been searching but can't confirm) but if my cruise is cancelled and I take the 125%FCC can I change my mind at a later date and just ask for my original cash refund. 

If if I can then is there a time limit to revert back to the cash refund option. 

Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, Billy Butlin said:

Apologies if this has already been answered ( been searching but can't confirm) but if my cruise is cancelled and I take the 125%FCC can I change my mind at a later date and just ask for my original cash refund. 

If if I can then is there a time limit to revert back to the cash refund option. 

Thanks. 

I was in the last wave of cancellations and have posted below what the letter said.  Keep in mind once you apply the FCC to a cruise, you no longer have the option to change your mind.  Each time there's a new wave of cancellations things seem to change, so what I received in email may be different when and if your cruise is cancelled.  I am not sure what I want to do, I have booked a new cruise for next year and paid with a refundable deposit. I'll decide by December what I want to do, based on how things are going with the pandemic/cancellations at that point.  I have yet to receive the email with the FCC, but will just 'sit on it' until I decide what my plans will be.

3. 100% Refund: Or, if you prefer a full refund, which is a lower value than the future cruise credit offer above, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have until December 31, 2020 – to request a refund and deactivate your certificate. 

Edited by rockmom

14 minutes ago, Billy Butlin said:

Thanks. 

It depends on which round of cancellations you were part of.

Some have to be requested by Dec 31, 2020 while others have until Dec 31, 2021

35 minutes ago, wants2cruise2 said:

Has anyone taken a FCC from a cancelled cruise, and successfully applied it towards a payment on a booked cruise, not use it as deposit money on a new one?

You can apply a FCC to any amount that is still owing on the cruise fare.  If the cruise fare has already been paid you cannot apply a FCC and get money back

Thanks Rockmom. 

I'm due to sail from Venice on 19th September which is extremely unlikely albeit my balance is due Friday ! 

Im most likely going to pay but having the flexibility to year end to either rebook or refund would be useful. More time to see if things settle. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

FCC's cannot be stacked.  Only one FCC per person can be applied

Some have mentioned that if you use a FCC on a cruise then if that cruise is canceled they will issue you a new single FCC vs 2 separate ones. I’ll find out for sure on the next round of cancellations.

Just now, CruisingHogFan said:

Some have mentioned that if you use a FCC on a cruise then if that cruise is canceled they will issue you a new single FCC vs 2 separate ones. I’ll find out for sure on the next round of cancellations.

That is correct but that is entirely different that applying 2 FCC’s to a single guest. 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is correct but that is entirely different that applying 2 FCC’s to a single guest. 

If I apply a FCC to a cruise in October and it gets cancelled can I get back the FCC and then get the rest of the cruise fare as a refund?  Or does it all have to come back as a FCC?

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If I apply a FCC to a cruise in October and it gets cancelled can I get back the FCC and then get the rest of the cruise fare as a refund?  Or does it all have to come back as a FCC?

You can request a refund for the new money paid on the reservation.  Original FCC restored. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can request a refund for the new money paid on the reservation.  Original FCC restored. 

Is the FCC restored with a new expiration and FCC number?