Dealing with "Negative Nelly's" regarding Oct 1st cruise plans

36 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

And when you consider that the entire population of South Dakota is just over 850,000.......😲 I guess we can start looking for South Dakota to start creeping up the COVID-19 infection charts in about a week's time!

Well, you have bikers arriving from some of the hot spot states, infecting attendees from many states who will then return home possibly infected to continue the problem. I agree, so selfish.

40 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

And when you consider that the entire population of South Dakota is just over 850,000.......😲 I guess we can start looking for South Dakota to start creeping up the COVID-19 infection charts in about a week's time!

I would guess more like 2-3 weeks.  I hope there are no Marylanders there.

Roy

Don't you think that the bikers would still be there in very large numbers even if the event wasn't sanctioned? At least the town is exercising some control. I can assure you that in the end a Crystal ship will be a safer environment..

41 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

And when you consider that the entire population of South Dakota is just over 850,000.......😲 I guess we can start looking for South Dakota to start creeping up the COVID-19 infection charts in about a week's timeis 

Is this rode bikes ??? My husband is a Motocross rider ( sorry if your not in to it!!) 

He's 60 & still loves to ride a veteran class over 60,s  in the UK !!! 

But he does follow the American outdoors ; glen elen etc ) & stadium  also would love to do Loretta Lynn Motocross track some day!!! ( Hope you all have some sport you don't find offensive 😉)  we are in total lockdown on any outdoor sport here so his very miserable ( can't even off load with on cruise in the coming months 😢

IMG_20190707_105853.jpg

46 minutes ago, Life Buoy said:

Don't you think that the bikers would still be there in very large numbers even if the event wasn't sanctioned? At least the town is exercising some control. I can assure you that in the end a Crystal ship will be a safer environment..

No doubt about that. We have a similar thing that happens here in Ontario. EVERY Friday the 13th bikers converge on the little town of Port Dover in southwestern Ontario for no apparent reason. I asked a biker friend why, and his answer was essentially "because that's what we do." Asked a cousin who is also a rider the same question and got "you wouldn't understand." Exactly, which is why I asked the question!! 😁 Our next Friday the 13th is in November and it will be interesting to see what happens.

3 hours ago, Roland4 said:

A small town in South Dakota. This motorcycle rally is apparently an annual event. I read elsewhere that 500,000 people attended last year's event!

My quote I made to another message!!! To much wine at lunch time !!!but my question was what is Sturgis ??? To which you kindly answered ! I'm totally lost now !!! Please forgive me !!us Brits & lunch time drinking!!! I have posted on one of silversea maybe 

That my husband does Motocross ( no know I hear you say!!!) He lives & breathes it !!

He does over 60,s veteran championship in UK & loves it so much....

He also follows the USA outdoor ( glen Ellen etc) &indoor  venues !!! Our wish we be to go to out door Loretta Lynn Motocross track someday!!! One day find dinning .next day on the track !!!

IMG_20191007_194530-2.jpg

IMG_20190707_105835.jpg

The majority of the locals didn't want the bikers to be there but was overruled by the Governor.

It is stupid.

There is a saying "pay me today or pay me later".

In other words if you pay today (translation don't do things that the scientists have recommended we not do) we bring the spread of the virus down.  If you don't want to pay today (don't listen to the scientists now) you will pay later.

I love to workout but would not going into a fitness center.  Why are bikers so special that they can't put off this event?  Broadway closed for the year.  Baseball and other sports aren't playing in front of fans.  Concerts have been shut down in many places.  I suspect Football (USA Football) is going to have to rethink things.  College Football is beginning to shut down certain conferences.  

I would love to run a marathon this year given all the running I do and the fact I am getting to an age where time is on my side for a marathon.  However, I doubt the marathon which normally is held later this year a few hours from me will be held in November as it always is and even if it was I won't do it .  

Anyway, our numbers in the USA speak for themselves. We still haven't learned the lessons of other states.

Keith

In answer to what is Sturgis? It is the largest or one of the largest roadbike motorcycle convocation in the USA.   It seems a majority of the thousands this year are not wearing masks.  

Why?  I believe it is a combination of deadly factors: 1)  the desire to show "independence" (I don't need anyone telling me what to do)  2) a certain machismo and invincibility that some road bikers seem to enjoy including some females and 3) lack of education/belief/understanding of science, germ theory and contagion.   Certainly not all riders are of this belief.  Many of the riders are themselves older, overweight and smokers.  We shall see what happens when they ride home to every place in the USA.  

For me and mine, we are staying home when possible,  covering our mouths  and isolated.  

12 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

The majority of the locals didn't want the bikers to be there but was overruled by the Governor.

It is stupid.

There is a saying "pay me today or pay me later".

In other words if you pay today (translation don't do things that the scientists have recommended we not do) we bring the spread of the virus down.  If you don't want to pay today (don't listen to the scientists now) you will pay later.

I love to workout but would not going into a fitness center.  Why are bikers so special that they can't put off this event?  Broadway closed for the year.  Baseball and other sports aren't playing in front of fans.  Concerts have been shut down in many places.  I suspect Football (USA Football) is going to have to rethink things.  College Football is beginning to shut down certain conferences.  

I would love to run a marathon this year given all the running I do and the fact I am getting to an age where time is on my side for a marathon.  However, I doubt the marathon which normally is held later this year a few hours from me will be held in November as it always is and even if it was I won't do it .  

Anyway, our numbers in the USA speak for themselves. We still haven't learned the lessons of other states.

Keith

Keith I always read with great interest you posts and do not comment as you are so in another league then me!! I always look up to your views with best interest...but this post is very 

Anti  bikers !!!! I'm not saying what they are going in the USA is correct but then again lots is things you are doing or not doing are correct!! So us here in the UK think what makes you all so special!!! Ok it's not the country club  settings  so old school here!!!

What I  am disappointed in is you comment  again anti bikers !!!

Not sure how the venue will cause problems & only hope it can come to a amicable comprise!!! My husband is a veteran Motocross rider here in the UK but has not be able to ride since lockdown in march ( he's so bored!!) He can do biker & fine dinning !!!

IMG_20190707_105835.jpg

5 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

Keith I always read with great interest you posts and do not comment as you are so in another league then me!! I always look up to your views with best interest...but this post is very 

Anti  bikers !!!! I'm not saying what they are going in the USA is correct but then again lots is things you are doing or not doing are correct!! So us here in the UK think what makes you all so special!!! Ok it's not the country club  settings  so old school here!!!

Not sure how the venue will cause problems & only hope it can come to a amicable comprise!!! My husband is a veteran Motocross rider here in the UK but has not be able to ride since lockdown in march ( he's so bored!!) He can do biker & fine dinning !!!

I don't see Keith's post as anti-biker unless your response is anti-marathon, anti-baseball, or Anti-football.  And it''s directly at the situation in the US which may be different in other places.  Have your husband and a half million of his closest friends ever descended en-mass on a town with a population of under 10,000?

Roy

11 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I don't see Keith's post as anti-biker unless your response is anti-marathon, anti-baseball, or Anti-football.  And it''s directly at the situation in the US which may be different in other places.  Have your husband and a half million of his closest friends ever descended en-mass on a town with a population of under 10,000?

Roy

Hi Roy I don't know why I'm replying to your reply!!  Read the  first lines !! It's stupid he's responce!!! No I'm not anti marathon  ( we don't do baseball ) rounders in the UK !!!

Your reply was quite silly almost like when we cruised when trump was up for presendent of the USA ... Can't help your situation you don't help yourselves !!!!! And as I said always look up to Keith's input so much ..but I can have a voice !!!

31 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

IMG_20190707_105835.jpg

Roy has it right. My post is not anti bikers. I love bikers and have lots of biker friends. I teach indoor cycling and lots of bikers attend. I do think some people are being stupid and selfish and yes I think this group is wrong.   It is not good for them nor for the locals. Likely it will cause  people to get the virus and sadly people will die. I do think it is dumb and selfish. We all need to make adjustments because we can’t act like things are normal IMHO

Keith

8 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Roy has it right. My post is not anti bikers. I love bikers and have lots of biker friends. I teach indoor cycling and lots of bikers attend. I do think some people are being stupid and selfish and yes I think this group is wrong.   It is not good for them nor for the locals. Likely it will cause  people to get the virus and sadly people will die. I do think it is dumb and selfish. We all need to make adjustments because we can’t act like things are normal IMHO

Keith

Dear Keith thanks for your reply!! I'm not saying I agreed with what I no nothing about !!

But I just felt you picked on the bikers !!! We are hearing so much on our local news about how notulant you in the USA have taken this covid19 situation... I have read with great interest about the Spanish flu 1918 & how California let down there guard" stared a second wave!!!! So I can understand your concerns, but us in the UK can only travel to very limited places in the UK whilst I've been reading all about you all in the USA travelling in your big RV ( caravans in UK) all over the place so why is that ok,????🤔

17 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

Dear Keith thanks for your reply!! I'm not saying I agreed with what I no nothing about !!

But I just felt you picked on the bikers !!! We are hearing so much on our local news about how notulant you in the USA have taken this covid19 situation... I have read with great interest about the Spanish flu 1918 & how California let down there guard" stared a second wave!!!! So I can understand your concerns, but us in the UK can only travel to very limited places in the UK whilst I've been reading all about you all in the USA travelling in your big RV ( caravans in UK) all over the place so why is that ok,????🤔

I have friends who have bought or rented RV’s.  I think that is fine. They sleep in it and they bring all their food and if they need more they buy it at a grocery as they would at hone and they social distance. So now flights, no hotels and no restaurants. 

oersonalky we are staying hone and not meeting with anyone indoors including family and no restaurants for us and only social distancing. 

The bikers are one of several examples I can point to where INHO people are being selfish and dumb. 

Keith

5 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

6 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Well I think it's one rule for one " one of of another!!! Travelling around in your big RVs what gives you people the  right!!! Stay at home !!! Means stay at home !!!!  I've had to stay home being high risk UK( multiple myeloma) I would not dream of traveling in car!! Caravan!!l train !!! Plane !!! Ship !!! Keith you are still in my most interesting persons to read with so much knowledge but on this maybe we will agree to disagree 😞🚢🍾

5 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

Well I think it's one rule for one " one of of another!!! Travelling around in your big RVs what gives you people the  right!!! Stay at home !!! Means stay at home !!!!  I've had to stay home being high risk UK( multiple myeloma) I would not dream of traveling in car!! Caravan!!l train !!! Plane !!! Ship !!! Keith you are still in my most interesting persons to read with so much knowledge but on this maybe we will agree to disagree 😞🚢🍾

We’re home. No RV’s for me and Anne Marie. Hone is where we are.  As they say there is no place like home. 👍

Keith

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I hope your nose as well.

Roy

Your comment reminded me of an experience this weekend.

A friend of mine flew through DFW on Friday, and kept shooting me pictures of dozens and dozens of people wearing their masks around their mouths but not covering their nose.  It's like people are saying, "you can make me wear a mask, but you can't stop me from spreading the virus!"  😡

That's even worse than the idiots on the plane when the oxygen masks drop, just put it around their mouth so they can breathe freely through their nose...  Except at least the idiots that think it's too uncomfortable to breathe the pressurized air are mainly screwing themselves instead of everyone around them, unlike the improperly worn face coverings.

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
17 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

We’re home. No RV’s for me and Anne Marie. Hone is where we are.  As they say there is no place like home. 👍

Keith

Well said Keith ...no harm meant in my posts ...to much time on my hands!!!

Like I said in early posts I knew when I cancelled by sept cruise in April cruising was not going to happen  in 2020!! " And then so many people booking Oct/Nov/Dec Caribbean cruises I thought what's wrong with you all its  not going to happen!!!!

I'm always a glass half full but you know sometimes I have to face up to  reality!!

So all I can say is here's to crusing the way we all love it to be close up & personal untill 

Then I won't be going 😢🚢 thanks again Keith for your valid input ..

Your a bit like Terry (Ohio ) on silversea ( my other favourite cruise line ) 

Keep sake 

On 8/10/2020 at 2:36 PM, Lvshack said:

My quote I made to another message!!! To much wine at lunch time !!!but my question was what is Sturgis ??? To which you kindly answered ! I'm totally lost now !!! Please forgive me !!us Brits & lunch time drinking!!! I have posted on one of silversea maybe 

That my husband does Motocross ( no know I hear you say!!!) He lives & breathes it !!

He does over 60,s veteran championship in UK & loves it so much....

He also follows the USA outdoor ( glen Ellen etc) &indoor  venues !!! Our wish we be to go to out door Loretta Lynn Motocross track someday!!! One day find dinning .next day on the track !!!

IMG_20190707_105835.jpg

Lvshack,

First off your hubby is absolutely dashing in his dinner & motor bike outfits🤗🤗🤗

Secondly I find it interesting that someone on this board just a few weeks ago was pushing/ encouraging the carib cruises this Oct, Nov. DEC O

on Crystal... now he & his wife are staying home.  I guess the hair dye has penetrated his brain.

Firstly its a global pandemic & FLORIDA IS HELL. There has been such a negligent leadership there & places like Texas, Georgia & the Carolinas.  I feel sorry for loved ones that lost people through no fault of their own.

As far as Crystal is concerned even trying to get people to cruise in the near future is like the 30 year old man that threw a Corona party, got sick & just before he died he told his nurse he was sorry & thought the virus was a hoax.

It doesnt matter if your a biker, a house wife a teen, a grandparent ...not being proactive, considerate of others & informed is just plain stupid.

Also as far as CRYSTAL is concerned why would someone book on an older ship that would need major refit to handle what is needed to be done.  The cruise lines are for profit...they need $$$$....and as far as Florida tourism...the state is sinking in more ways than one.

I hope everyone stays safe...this will pass if we all work together & wear masks...

Such an array of emotions and people taking offense. From my point view there are many things you can do that others might not like. As long as they don’t put others in harms way It is not my place to judge. But I am deeply offended when individuals don’t wear a mask in the presence of others, don’t exercise social distancing,  fail to use appropriate sanitization practices, and insist on gathering in large groups despite the danger to themselves and others of doing so.  Being a responsible person and acting in ways that shows respect for the welfare of others should not be considered a hardship or an infringement of others rights to safety.