Panorama in October with Milestone Award

TinyG

Let’s try and figure this out shall we. 🙂

We had a previously cruise booked for Alaska on the Legend September 2019. We decided not to cruise to Alaska and transfer the booking to the new Panorama for October 31, 2020 Mexico. 
I hit my 25th cruise February 2020.  I would be applying the 25% Milestone award for the Panorama and would have $342 OBC. Our deposit transferred to the Panorama was $400.00.
At the time the price was better to do a suite on the Panorama, than sail Alaska in a 8K cabin, we chose a suite since we thought the milestone award was for cruise fare and not OBC (We know now OBC). Carnival at the time assed a $100.00 change fee to transfer the booking to a new cruise. I have watched the balcony cabins prices plummet for October and the suites go up. I asked my PVP if I could change to a regular balcony and not a suite. I was told no.

So our final payment is due August 17th.  The change fee that was assed went to the booking. Would that come off my deposit? Or does my $400.00 deposit can moved around or refunded?  

So now let’s bring in Covid-19. We were extremely lucky to sail the past February on the Legend. We had a great time followed up with Disney World & Universal. We stayed well thru the voyages and theme parks!  We really don’t want to go in October. I don’t want to cancel/change and get assed a new fee, as I already had one.

I don’t think that the Panorama or other ships will be sailing in October, nor do we want to be the first ones back on. I would hope we would get back the $400.00, and my milestone award goes back someplace to be re-applied in the future? My milestone seems so little if they are offering $600 now for transferring to a FCC. 

Thanks all, TinyG

You would have to ask Carnival about the change fee.  Personally, I would wait to see how it shakes out, since as you say, the cruise may get cancelled.  If it doesn't, you would get charged another admin fee to change, and yes, your $400 paid would transfer. 

The $600 OBC offer is unprecedented, no way to predict COVID was going to cause such an ongoing upheaval.....your milestone reward is nothing to sneeze at!

But I hope the cruise doesn't get cancelled since I am also booked on it!  😛  

LibratPDX Thanks for the reply! Yes, I think time will tell. I guess much could change by August when final payment is due. Maybe an extension to final payment can be done. That would be the best.

Might be better for them to re shuffle the milestone award, than me!