Jump to content

cruise sold out


frankh1969
 Share

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, frankh1969 said:

Oct 11 on the Eclipse

I'm booked on that cruise and the one after. I was also supposed to be on the two previous cruises: Pacific Northwest and Trans-Pacific. Shortly before the first two were cancelled, they were showing as Sold Out (except suites, with inflated prices). I would not be at all surprised to learn that the same thing will happen with October 11 and more. 

 

As Fouremco states, we are dealing with Celebrity's website, so checking back later is probably wise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

These cruises are essentially all repositioning cruises to get from Alaska to Australia.  Perhaps they are planning a full redeployment in anticipation of Australia not opening this year, assuming there's anywhere they can operate from.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO that cruise will not happen.  We cancelled today as it could be late July or early August before they officially cancel & we didn’t want to make final payment and then wait months for a refund. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone else posted, that cruise was supposed to be the start of repositioning from what would have been her Alaska season home port in Vancouver. It is safe to say that Eclipse will not be coming to Canada this season. Last I heard she is either along side in San Diego or in that general area. You have to look at the posted itinerary, if it includes Canada, that part isn't happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is off the coast of San Diego and the Trans Pacific From Vancouver to move it to Asia was cancelled a few weeks ago.  So maybe at some point they will move it to Asia but since they cancelled the TP,  and the 10/11 cruise was the next after arriving In Japan my crystal ball says not happening,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Ronin23 said:

He only way Eclipse will make it to Australia this year is if bookings can be supported by local passengers only. Nobody outside Oceania will be allowed into Australia this year.

This could possibly happen. There are talks about an Australian / New Zealand travel bubble. Australia usually supports a very strong cruise season with the minority of travellers coming from overseas. If ship capacities are reduced due to Covid, ships could sail at new "full" capacity.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We're on the Japan cruise (on Millennium) starting Oct 25, only the retreat is not sold out and of course, price is rather high for that..

Also for the same cruise but starting Oct 11, you can only book retreat class, but about $ 3500 cheaper...

 

So if high prices might indicate that cruises are cancelled, you would expect higher prices for the first cruise, not for the later one...

 

Also, the reposition cruise of the Millennium is cancelled and if the web info I found is correct it should be somewhere West Coast Canada...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

IMO that cruise will not happen.  We cancelled today as it could be late July or early August before they officially cancel & we didn’t want to make final payment and then wait months for a refund. 

Smart move 🙂

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both the Millennium and Eclipse are showing the same - no availability for Asia Fall 2020 except for suites. I have seen this just before cancellation of voyages a lot this year lol - however it has been the same for the Millennium for a week or so (and Eclipse just as of yesterday) - so we shall see....!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only thing i dont get about it being for  them preparing to cancel - is would they not prefer to get peoples cash in before cancelling the cruise? if so-  removing the cabins doesnt seem to make sense - surely they would rather have peoples money - then cancel and hold onto the cash for 90 odd days???

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, pethi said:

We're on the Japan cruise (on Millennium) starting Oct 25, only the retreat is not sold out and of course, price is rather high for that..

Also for the same cruise but starting Oct 11, you can only book retreat class, but about $ 3500 cheaper...

 

So if high prices might indicate that cruises are cancelled, you would expect higher prices for the first cruise, not for the later one...

 

Also, the reposition cruise of the Millennium is cancelled and if the web info I found is correct it should be somewhere West Coast Canada...

 i was kind of hoping they had blocked off all the other cabins on these cruises as they were planning on using the Millenium  for guinea pig cruises with reduced numbers just being those who had already booked - and therefore didnt want anyone else to book .....that hope is fading fast as more people seem to think its a sign of cancellation 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, frankh1969 said:

What does it mean when all the cabins are sold out today and three days ago all cabins were avalible? Do you think it is really sold out, going to be canceled or at 505 full now. ever happen to anyone else?

It means you should talk with a travel agency which still have Guarantee cabins available to book.  Of course there is no certainty it will be sailing! 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jojo1966 said:

The only thing i dont get about it being for  them preparing to cancel - is would they not prefer to get peoples cash in before cancelling the cruise? if so-  removing the cabins doesnt seem to make sense - surely they would rather have peoples money - then cancel and hold onto the cash for 90 odd days???

The only thing I don't get is that you even questioning why. Sounds like Celebrity is doing the right thing. No complaints from me. Glad Celebrity canceled our  8 September 2020 cruise at the end of May before our final payment was due 13 June. Requested our non refundable deposit on 24 May and received it on 23 June.

Edited by davekathy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

The only thing I don't get is that you even questioning why. Sounds like Celebrity is doing the right thing. No complaints from me. Glad Celebrity canceled our  8 September 2020 cruise at the end of May before our final payment was due 13 June. Requested our non refundable deposit on 24 May and received it on 23 June.

I wasnt questioning "why they were doing it"...obviously the moral thing to do is not allow more people to book or it's not going ahead....just dont think it sounds like something they would do. Do you get it now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...