cruise sold out

frankh1969

1 minute ago, jojo1966 said:

I wasnt questioning "why they were doing it"...obviously the moral thing to do is not allow more people to book or it's not going ahead....just dont think it sounds like something they would do. Do you get it now?

You sure tip over easy. I took the question mark after your first sentence as you were questioning Celebrity. :classic_rolleyes:  The cruise lines are not going to stop future bookings when they don't know what the future is. If Celebrity can cancel cruises early or close cruises for bookings due to host embarkation ports being closed, kudos. That's exactly what Celebrity did on our September 2020. Canceled before our final payment. We always book at least 18 to 24 months ahead of the cruise date. Currently looking at 2022 cruises as we have all our 2021 cruises booked. 

• Like 2

What I find strange is that the Celebrity website only has "Suites" available, but if you go to other cruise travel sites (i.e. Cruise.com, icruise, etc.), all (or most) staterooms are available for booking.  Why do this if they plan on cancelling the cruise or want to limit bookings?  

We are on the Millennium Nov 8 and Nov 22 and hope the cruises happen.  We booked long ago. 

20 hours ago, kittywife77 said:

Where has the hypothesis that only selling the expensive suites means cancellations come from?

A lot of people have said they have seen the same situation shortly before the cruise is cancelled....this is too far in advance of the cruise though I think...they are November and december cruises...cant see why they would cancel them this far out really 

9 minutes ago, jojo1966 said:

A lot of people have said they have seen the same situation shortly before the cruise is cancelled....this is too far in advance of the cruise though I think...they are November and december cruises...cant see why they would cancel them this far out really 

The cruise the OP is asking about is on 10/11 not in November.  Unless things have changed, currently both Vietnam & Singapore both are not allowing visitors.  When it becomes clear that a cruise can't go Celebrity has cancelled,.  That was the case when  Canada announced that would would not allow cruise ships with over 100 passengers until 10/31, Celebrity cancelled all impacted cruises on 6/2 which for the TP sailings and others was over 90 before final payment.  

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

The cruise the OP is asking about is on 10/11 not in November.  Unless things have changed, currently both Vietnam & Singapore both are not allowing visitors.  When it becomes clear that a cruise can't go Celebrity has cancelled,.  That was the case when  Canada announced that would would not allow cruise ships with over 100 passengers until 10/31, Celebrity cancelled all impacted cruises on 6/2 which for the TP sailings and others was over 90 before final payment.  

I didn't realise Vietnam and Singapore had announced no cruises till after the OPs cruise...

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 9:57 PM, Bizziecruzer said:

This could possibly happen. There are talks about an Australian / New Zealand travel bubble. Australia usually supports a very strong cruise season with the minority of travellers coming from overseas. If ship capacities are reduced due to Covid, ships could sail at new "full" capacity.

Forget about an Australia / NZ bubble. Australia are having second and third wave outbreaks and internal borders are still partially closed. Until the internals in Aussie are resolved our borders are shut to non citizens.

The NZ cruising industry are trying to get approval to bring a small ship say 200 people into the country and rund around NZ cruises for us locals. Whilst the idea is good I don't believe us Kiwis will pay the priuces required to make it viable

If it’s true that they will restart with only a few ships,  maybe they are rescheduling them now. All I want is some communication about what’s happening the rest of the year and first part of 2021. 

I have found several sailings that are showing sold out so they must be getting ready to cancel several sailings or redeploy ships to different areas. 

4 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

If it’s true that they will restart with only a few ships,  maybe they are rescheduling them now. All I want is some communication about what’s happening the rest of the year and first part of 2021. 

I have found several sailings that are showing sold out so they must be getting ready to cancel several sailings or redeploy ships to different areas. 

The cruise lines would love some communication about what’s happening the rest of the year.  Unfortunately they can only react to what the governments around the world decide.  Will US citizens be allowed to enter Europe?  Will travel to South America be allowed? safe?  When will Australia & New Zealand open to receive cruise ship.  

Candidly... I would not count on sailing this year... things are still in flux. We went ahead and did a lift and shift on our Dec cruise. I want to find out from other cruisers... if cruising is still fun... before make final payment. the fact that people are getting their money back in stages... tells me all I need to know about their cash flow situation. The longer this thing goes on...the more it becomes like musical chairs... there could come a time when you can't get your money back.  If I were the OP... I would lift and shift that cruise to 2021... and avoid making final payment on a cruise that is likely not going to happen. 

I am so glad I don't work for Celebrity or any cruise line... I can't imagine the logistical nightmare this has been and continues to be... crews scattered around the globe.. some still trapped on ships... Countries that may or may not let you dock... let alone airlines that may or may not be able to transport passengers and crew, CDC orders requiring hospital level care including ventilators (ie and ICU unit on board).. and now a new virus in China... what a mess. I will be amazed if many cruise lines don't go bankrupt before the end of the year. We went ahead and did a lift and shift to Nov 2021 to give us more time before final payment... hopefully by early 2021 we will know more about who is and who is not sailing and where they can and can not go.

Edited by kearney

We are on the same 25th of October Millennium cruise . The entire Asia season for the Millennium have the lower class cabins blocked off. 
As this cruise was for a significant birthday we also have booked Emirates business class from Glasgow and addition time in Tokyo prior to the cruise . 
looked at lift and shifting the cruise however the criteria is so narrow it  doesn’t apply . 
We also don’t know when Japan is likely to open up to tourists or cruises . 

I can see Japan accepting travellers  from around visiting for many months or even years . 

Especially when we are now seeing new spikes through out the world . 

All that said this virus will continue to kill hundreds. Do we really want to cruise ?

If there is one case on a ship ,all ports will close. I can only see home country bubble cruises happening where they can control who is boarding. 

6 minutes ago, mikejt26 said:

We are on the same 25th of October Millennium cruise . The entire Asia season for the Millennium have the lower class cabins blocked off. 

We're on the same cruise...

W've booked an inside cabine months ago but who knows what will happen. What if they use them for the crew? Will we have a free upgrade, will they offer us one or can we chose to get our money back? Have to wait and see I guess...

Also asked for a lift and shift but that doesn't seem to be possible for this cruise...

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/4/2020 at 1:13 PM, pethi said:

We're on the same cruise...

W've booked an inside cabine months ago but who knows what will happen. What if they use them for the crew? Will we have a free upgrade, will they offer us one or can we chose to get our money back? Have to wait and see I guess...

Also asked for a lift and shift but that doesn't seem to be possible for this cruise...

The cruise is no longer on Celebrity site , looks like  it they are not sailing , which is no surprise . Celebrity offered me a free lift and shift , before the cruise disappeared , to a Solstice  Vietnam and Thailand cruise ,  I have yet to reply to that suggestion , but its not japan..........

Edited by mikejt26
update to text

9 hours ago, mikejt26 said:

The cruise is no longer on Celebrity site , looks like  it they are not sailing , which is no surprise . Celebrity offered me a free lift and shift , before the cruise disappeared , to a Solstice  Vietnam and Thailand cruise ,  I have yet to reply to that suggestion , but its not japan..........

They DO have cruises which go to Vietnam, Thailand AND Japan.  That is my preference.

Edited by NMTraveller

On 6/28/2020 at 4:40 PM, Edinburghgirl1 said:

My cruise from Tampa on the Constellation on the 29th March 2021 is showing no cabins available too! The cruises before and after are showing availability! 

How many days is your cruise? Could it be chartered?  On the Chopping Block ?

We have Jan 2021  Connie booked but  I think its around 10 days...most ports may not be accepting ships , who knows?

51 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

They DO have cruises which go to Vietnam, Thailand AND Japan.  That is my preference.

Yip they do , 

however I booked “The best of Japan” which went round the two main islands with one stop in South Korea . Vietnam and Thailand was not my preference. 
I also booked the prime sweet 16 cabin 6030 on a millennium class ship.

Although is a veranda C class It’s the best value for money cabin on  the ship. With a large balcony and nothing below the balcony ,bar the sea ,full views front and aft . It also faced inland for the entire cruise 
solstice cabins at the same class are poor in comparison . 

This is what I was offered Hope it helps and you can get away 👍

1. There is no administration fee to change the ship and sailing date. You will pick up today's  price and promotion with the exception of the below sailing where you can use our 'lift and shift' programme. This is the same/ closest to the same sailing you are currently on but 1 year in advance

Celebrity Solstice    21/11/2021    14 NIGHT VIETNAM & THAILAND CRUISE

Edited by mikejt26

On 8/2/2020 at 10:01 AM, mikejt26 said:

Thailand and Vietnam are not an option for us. Been several times in Bangkok already. Also, they are rather cheap countries to do this on your own. Transportation and lodging is more expensive in Japan, that's why we wanted to do this with a cruise...

Eclipse Oct 11 has been canceled like many other cruise and they are just not showing on the public website yet.

Internally Celebrity calls them Phase 7 cancellations. 

It does show canceled as do several of my cruises on the the Travel agent specific websites. 

It seems that the public would like to know at the same time travel agents do. 

Richard Fain has numerous YouTube videos addressing the travel agents. 

Neither he or any senior Celebrity management provide videos on YouTube addressing the loyal celebrity cruisers.

Hence much speculation on Cruise Critic, very little facts.

Mirage

On 6/24/2020 at 9:30 AM, aandjw said:

Both the Millennium and Eclipse are showing the same - no availability for Asia Fall 2020 except for suites. I have seen this just before cancellation of voyages a lot this year lol - however it has been the same for the Millennium for a week or so (and Eclipse just as of yesterday) - so we shall see....!

The Millennium March 2021Japan sailing is showing the same thing.... We actually were able to rebook for March of 2022 with our TA without having to do an L&S and ended up with a better cabin at a lower price.

Edited by clojacks