Cruise Critic Community
richwmn

The Daily for Wednesday Jun 24, 2020

today is International Fairy (or Faery) Day and World UFO Day

Mollison's Bureaucracy Hypothesis:
If an idea can survive a bureaucratic review and be implemented it wasn't worth doing.

Meal suggestion for today - Boneless Stuffed Chicken Breast

Wine for today - Pahlmeyer Chardonnay Napa Valley vintage 2015

At Sea Indian Ocean
Veendam destination Benoa India eta 6/24
Zuiderdam destination Manila eta 6/25

Balboa Panama
Koningsdam
Oosterdam

Lubuan
Maasdam

Manila Anchorage
Amsterdam
Nieuw Amsterdam
Noordam out at sea off Manila
Rotterdam
Volendam out at sea off Manila

Singapore Anchorage
Eurodam
Westerdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam moving to Schagen on 6/24

Thank you Rich for the Daily report.

Fairy day -- interesting.  UFO day -- hope I see one today.

Love stuffed chicken breasts -- great suggestion.  Good wine.

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my CC Sisters.

Fairies & UFOs - perhaps between the two of them they could give me a vacation that resembles a cruise!

Good grief, today’s quote is spot on. Bureaucratic reviews are the death of many a great idea. But when you are spending other folks’ money - sometimes they are necessary. 

Great meal & wine options. Tonight is eggplant Florentine stuffed pizza & wine night for some of my fellow gym rats and me! 

Stay well everyone!

Thank you for the report.  It looks like most of the ships are nearing either Manila or their final destinations until cruising restarts.

Roy

Good morning and thanks for the Daily Report.

While I still enjoy seeing where the ships are, I look forward to the rest of your report too.

Great quote.

And the wine and dinner suggestions sound great - one less decision for me to make today.  Thanks.

I'll be on the look out for UFOs and fairies.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Stay healthy.

Funny life quotations novelty joke humor sayings coffee mug ...

Good Morning my sweet sisters. Hi Rich! Looks like you have done another great job on our Daily! Thank you!

We were able to sleep in our own bed last night, it felt so nice. Still no word on our missing container. I'm getting worried..

Glad to see my sisters Denise and Cat enjoying the beautiful sea. 

Soon as I get some pots and pans I am going to start making Rich's menu suggestions. Right now it is paper plates and plastic ware!

Have a fabulous, safe, happy day! XX

6 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Soon as I get some pots and pans I am going to start making Rich's menu suggestions. Right now it is paper plates and plastic ware!

In the meantime, is takeout among your options?

Roy

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

In the meantime, is takeout among your options?

Roy

Good morning Roy!

We have been eating out every day since we arrived last week. We sure missed the wonderful Tex-Mex food here. There's a place called Fish City Grill in Georgetown that has great fish, catfish, and oysters. 

Thanks for the daily Rich.  Chicken is on the menu for this evening, cut up and in a stir fry.  Wonder what happens if ever the fairies and UFOs meet up?  

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  While I've never seen a Fairy or a UFO, I'm always hopeful - you never know what a day may bring!

I love the meal suggestion, as we're great fans of chicken prepared in any manner.   We finally have warmth on the "frozen tundra", and it's a little too hot to use the oven so I might grill some chicken breasts, chop them up and serve as a dinner salad tonight.  And wine.

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Thanks for the Daily, Rich 🙂 

A bit of trivia - today is also the 416th anniversary of when Samuel de Champlain discovered what is now Saint John and settled there.

It’s also our 25th wedding anniversary and I just got the best anniversary gift ever as I am back from the hospital.  My bone is healed in my foot (the odds were not good) and if it didn’t hurt, I’d be doing a happy dance.  It’s going to take time for the pain to go away but I am so relieved.

So, despite the great recommendation for dinner, I think we will have lobster to celebrate 😄 

Good morning,

Kazu--a very happy anniversary to you both.  An anniversary and returning from a hospital stay is always a good reason to celebrate.  Hope the healing continues to go well.

Seasick Sailor--so glad you are settling into your new home.  There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed after an exhausting day.  

Still laughing at the Mollison quote.  Thanks, Rich for the daily.

Dinner suggestion sounds good--have chicken leftovers from the other night and will make dinner around that.  The wine description is as follows and sounds perfect but a little pricey.

"Gorgeous aromatics of heady voluptuousness conjure elements of caramel, honey and baked apple behind a golden hue of color in this memorable, no-holds-barred white. The flavors follow through along a lengthy layered pathway lined in sparks of anise and key lime, finishing in juicy crisp acidity.   Rated 95 and priced $75 to $84.

We have gone days without rain and everything is brown and dry.  Hoping for the showers that have been forecast for this afternoon.  Be well everyone.

19 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich 🙂 

A bit of trivia - today is also the 416th anniversary of when Samuel de Champlain discovered what is now Saint John and settled there.

It’s also our 25th wedding anniversary and I just got the best anniversary gift ever as I am back from the hospital.  My bone is healed in my foot (the odds were not good) and if it didn’t hurt, I’d be doing a happy dance.  It’s going to take time for the pain to go away but I am so relieved.

So, despite the great recommendation for dinner, I think we will have lobster to celebrate 😄 

Woo hoo, Jacqui! That is super great news. Save that happy dance for later.  Happy Anniversary!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, colonialinnkeeper said:The wine description is as follows and sounds perfect but a little pricey.

"Gorgeous aromatics of heady voluptuousness conjure elements of caramel, honey and baked apple behind a golden hue of color in this memorable, no-holds-barred white. The flavors follow through along a lengthy layered pathway lined in sparks of anise and key lime, finishing in juicy crisp acidity.   Rated 95 and priced $75 to $84.

We have gone days without rain and everything is brown and dry.  Hoping for the showers that have been forecast for this afternoon.  Be well everyone.

Will try to share our rain!  

Thank you for the wine description. I am not sure I would know a voluptuous wine, if I drank one. And at that price, I probably won’t get to try it.

Edited by cat shepard

Great news, Jacqui!  Happy Anniversary to you & Jose!

17 Best Happy Anniversary images | Happy anniversary, Anniversary ...

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

The dinner & wine selection sound great. Happy anniversary Jacqui, love the lobster. We've had a couple of days of heavy rain, washed all our new grass seed off the lawn.

20 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Woo hoo, Jacqui! That is super great news. Save that happy dance for later.  Happy Anniversary!

Thanks cat and thanks @colonialinnkeeper

I am so relieved and happy, I have no words.  Appreciate you caring and asking about the foot before so I KNEW I had to report 😉 

1 minute ago, ski ww said:

The dinner & wine selection sound great. Happy anniversary Jacqui, love the lobster. We've had a couple of days of heavy rain, washed all our new grass seed off the lawn.

Thanks Allan.  Darn on losing all your new lawn seed 😞 

20 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks cat and thanks @colonialinnkeeper

I am so relieved and happy, I have no words.  Appreciate you caring and asking about the foot before so I KNEW I had to report 😉 

My work is done!🙃

Thanks Rich. I’m afraid you have set the bar very high for yourself. When the dam ships start sailing again and moving around and you are working so hard to make sure their locations are right, do you really think you can go back to the old way? Nope. You have us trained to look here for meal directions and to find out what day it is. Thanks for all you do. 

Good morning!

Thanks for the Daily Rich! You're one of the "must reads" every morning and I appreciate all your hard work. 

Happy Anniversary Jacqui and Jose! Great news on your foot as well. 

We're having nice weather in the Pacific Northwest and today is making brownies to take to the doctor's office for DH's lung check. We should be in cruising mode - but that's another story. 

Karen

Good morning and thank you for the Daily Report, Rich.

I'm clapping my hands for the fairies here. UFOs-I just watched an old episode of Psych on those last night. DH and I are enjoying those old shows.

Stuffed chicken breasts sound great, but I have pork chops out for dinner. And wine.

@kazu such good news! And just in time for your milestone anniversary. Happy Anniversary to both you and DH. Enjoy that lobster.

@Seasick Sailor sleeping in your own bed is divine, isn't it. Fingers crossed that your lost container shows up.

To everyone, have a wonderful day! Stay healthy!