Royal goes the 120 day line for refunds

My TA has gotten the run-around from RCCL, beginning way back in April when they told her the refund had been processed on their end, and would be issued in 7-10 days.  Four months after cancellation we are still waiting.  I tried calling several times on my own, but hung up due to long wait time.  Tonight I was feeling lucky, and tried again.

My call was answered after only 10 minutes.  The agent took down my information and put me on hold.  After another 10 minutes, she delivered the bad news.  Because I had used a TA, she said that she wasn't allowed to provide me with the information, and I should call my TA.

So, I had to email my TA, and hope RCCL will stop lying to her about when we will see a refund.  Sigh!

The thieves have given up and reimbursed the last tranche at day 115 or so.

MY MONEY is happy to be back in my pocket.

MY MONEY says it has been ill-treated , kicked, hidden in a dark room, misused, and will never forget who did such horrible things to it- Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines.

• Haha 1

I was payed 804.00 less than my cruise price, I called Royal and they said I was payed in full. I contacted the credit card company that I used and they seen I was not payed correctly. They gave me full credit and will dispute the bill with Royal.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2020 at 11:38 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

I continue to wonder if there is rhyme or reason why some refunds are taking this long. 

I have had 5 cruises cancelled and received fcc's and cash refunds  as well as all cruise planner purchases in 2 to 3 weeks for all except for my most recent one to bermuda for October that was cancelled this week.    I have not yet decided what we are going to do L&S or refund.

I am very happy all of mine have processed in that short of time and would love to know why others are still waiting over 90 days for their refunds.   

I have been very curious also.  It seems 30 days is about the norm and if it wasn't, their would be thousands complaining.  We seem to only know about the couple hundred with issues.  

On 6/25/2020 at 3:22 AM, Kbonner said:

At day 94 , waiting for a final refund of one of my Royal cancelled cruises, my TA called the zillionth time and guess what: Stop.

Do you want to hear the good news or the bad news first?

Alright the good news is : the representative immediately apologized.,

The bad news is: I am today in my 94th day of nirvana waiting for my refund. First they promised expect your refund in 30 days, than 60 days, than 90 days . The representative now said wait for another 30 days (which sums it up to 120 days refund waiting). 

My greatest concern is, that in 30 days from today, the next rep will not immediately apologize  when extending to 150 days.....

I'm on 4 months and 2 days. I ended up filing   with my credit card  on 6.2.20 .  The CC company is giving them till 9.2.20 .  So far they sent part of the taxes and all of my deposit (20% of cruise so far)  Wish I did that sooner.  A long process but I doubt RC had any plans of refunding my $8176

Good Luck

Edited by SJ1_

I wonder how many customers lost keeping track on their many partial refunds for several cruises due to RCI's systematic incremental and partial refunds. Maybe this is all on purpose and calculating to make some extra millions. RCI is an experienced and innovative company - remember the mini-fridge charges after the cruise? 

• 3 months later...
On 7/16/2020 at 1:42 PM, SJ1_ said:

I'm on 4 months and 2 days. I ended up filing   with my credit card  on 6.2.20 .  The CC company is giving them till 9.2.20 .  So far they sent part of the taxes and all of my deposit (20% of cruise so far)  Wish I did that sooner.  A long process but I doubt RC had any plans of refunding my $8176

Good Luck

As of 10.16.20 I have received 80% of my refund that was canceled in march 2020.  every time the credit card says RC is right not to refund my money we counter and they give RC 6 weeks (by law) to respond, 

we get 10 days to respond.

they canceled a cruise, we aske for refund, they will not give it to us. 

We canceled all our cruises and Celebrity gave us a refund immed.   We love to cruise and hope everything works out for the cruise companies but the way they treated us is not the way u treat another person let alone a customer

15 minutes ago, SJ1_ said:

As of 10.16.20 I have received 80% of my refund that was canceled in march 2020.  every time the credit card says RC is right not to refund my money we counter and they give RC 6 weeks (by law) to respond, 

we get 10 days to respond.

they canceled a cruise, we aske for refund, they will not give it to us. 

We canceled all our cruises and Celebrity gave us a refund immed.   We love to cruise and hope everything works out for the cruise companies but the way they treated us is not the way u treat another person let alone a customer

Did you cancel the cruise before they did?  That’s the only way I can see them not Issuing  a refund.

did you do the deposit with a different credit card. 

there has to be some reason why you received some back but not all...makes no sense 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did you cancel the cruise before they did?  That’s the only way I can see them not Issuing  a refund.

did you do the deposit with a different credit card. 

there has to be some reason why you received some back but not all...makes no sense 

Yes I used 2 different CC.  we always book on board then changed cruises and that credit card we no longer have but we rebooked with the same credit card company. 

When we canceled we were given a choice of refund or credit  we asked for a refund.  We have this in a letter from RC.  We then sent 18 emails asking for this refund (2xs they said they will take care of it) we have all of these emails 

then we went to CC company and sent them all of the info.  so now they deal with RC.  

There were 9 of us for over $8,000 in 3 different rooms  so that and 2 different credit cards prob. explain the breakdown.  my whole thought process in booking this cruise is im spending over $8,000 for a great family vacation with the kids and grand kids.  We have done this before and was best vacation ever  

10 minutes ago, SJ1_ said:

Yes I used 2 different CC.  we always book on board then changed cruises and that credit card we no longer have but we rebooked with the same credit card company. 

When we canceled we were given a choice of refund or credit  we asked for a refund.  We have this in a letter from RC.  We then sent 18 emails asking for this refund (2xs they said they will take care of it) we have all of these emails 

then we went to CC company and sent them all of the info.  so now they deal with RC.  

There were 9 of us for over $8,000 in 3 different rooms  so that and 2 different credit cards prob. explain the breakdown.  my whole thought process in booking this cruise is im spending over $8,000 for a great family vacation with the kids and grand kids.  We have done this before and was best vacation ever  

Is the amount that you are owed what was put on the credit  card that you no longer has.  Credit cards that no longer exist cause a lot of grief...Royal has issues with this.  It doesn't matter oif its the same company its a different card number.

Don't e mail.  Call guest relations and escalate this. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Is the amount that you are owed what was put on the credit  card that you no longer has.  Credit cards that no longer exist cause a lot of grief...Royal has issues with this.  It doesn't matter oif its the same company its a different card number.

Don't e mail.  Call guest relations and escalate this. 

The card I no longer have got the credit first.  

I heard of people "falling between the cracks" and looks like

the 2 credit cards help cause that. 

back when this started the phone lines were putting people on hold for hours.  I 

also found that with email I had a record of all my correspondence.  When I called

the CC company they wanted proof that I tried to collect.

thanks for the info. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 10:07 AM, SJ1_ said:

The card I no longer have got the credit first.  

I heard of people "falling between the cracks" and looks like

the 2 credit cards help cause that. 

back when this started the phone lines were putting people on hold for hours.  I 

also found that with email I had a record of all my correspondence.  When I called

the CC company they wanted proof that I tried to collect.

thanks for the info. 

I GOT THE REST OF MY REFUND!!!!!!!!!

OH well   they said that I got credited for the last $2,000+- on my $8100+ cruise  that was canceled last April