Hello Steve,

If I cancel a cruise that was booked through a travel agency and insured by Travelex, would I be covered by the insurance if the cruise company filed for chapter 7 before I received a full refund of my deposit from the cruise company? Thank you in advance.

Ed

5 hours ago, sasejm said:

Hello Steve,

If I cancel a cruise that was booked through a travel agency and insured by Travelex, would I be covered by the insurance if the cruise company filed for chapter 7 before I received a full refund of my deposit from the cruise company? Thank you in advance.

Ed

Hi Ed,

Travelex has may private label plans, so you will have to check your policy to see if it includes 3rd Party Financial Default.

Steve Dasseos

8 hours ago, sasejm said:

Hello Steve,

Ed

Hi Ed,

If the reason you are cancelling the cruise is because it ceased operation then you will be covered by the 3rd party financial default.

If you are cancelling the cruise for some other reason and the cruise line ceases operation then you will not be covered by the 3rd party financial default.

Steve Dasseos