Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

0626Neth.png

Netherlands Anchorage

0626Manila.png

Manila Anchorage

Thanks for the Daily, Rich 🙂 

Parmesan chicken sounds delish.  I best get some chicken out of the freezer 😉 

It’s a perfect day to honour Tropical Cocktails Day.  Happy to celebrate all the great beauticians out there who have had to take so many precautions to keep everyone safe.

Forgiveness is something we should all practice all year round.  Another great wine to research - thanks so much 🙂 

Thank you Rich for the Daily report.

Forgiveness -- we all should practice this every day -- would make for a better world.

I'll stick with my plain cocktails. 

Dinner and wine sounds great.

Thank you for the report.  A bit surprised by the Maasdam; I thought Labuan was a long term anchorage and pleased to see her heading off to join some of her sisters.

Roy

7 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the report.  A bit surprised by the Maasdam; I thought Labuan was a long term anchorage and pleased to see her heading off to join some of her sisters.

Roy

I thought that as well so this was a bit of a surprise.

Lots still to happen in the coming months.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my CC Sisters! Hope you are all well. 

Well today is chock full of stuff! I am getting my haircut today, so I can wish her Happy Beauticians’ Day. I can just picture the look on her face. Everyone needs their own Rich in their lives to help them keep up on world events!

I have to be in the mood for a tropical drink. I have nothing against them, but...

Ah forgiveness, I need to do better here. I will work on this. 

Luckily the Sahara dust cloud is so huge this year, it is calming down our tropical outlook - at least until it dissipates. So we might have a week or two off from named storms.

Love the name of the Wine! Had to look it up. It is a Syrah with a great rating and a price tag to match.

Boy I hope that when the Amsterdam takes the next group of crew home, they can also ship the luggage of the World Cruisers back to them. 

Stay well everyone. Johns Hopkins & Harvard Medical experts are saying that the virus may be out of control in Florida, Texas & Arizona. If you are in the “at risk” group, please be extra careful.

Geesh, I need to stop writing. Soon my post will be longer than the actual Daily.

Edited by cat shepard

9 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Geesh, I need to stop writing. Soon my post will be longer than the actual Daily.

Cat shepard, your post is all good.

Roy

7 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Cat shepard, your post is all good.

Roy

Roy - thank you. I so enjoy the Daily thread! 

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I will raise my Tropical Cocktail to toast all the beauticians who are working to keep us looking and feeling good, while they are trying to stay safe at the same time, and ask forgiveness if I've forgotten anyone!  I love the menu suggestion, but will have to delay the Parmesan chicken nuggets to another night as we've got the breaded pork chops to finish.  And wine.

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Good morning,

Loved the way you worded your response this morning.  Very clever and made me smile.

Wine name also made me smile.  Wish some of the wine had lesser price tags so we could try some as they sound very interesting.

Another beautiful day here--we are on a roll.  Have some work in the garden this morning before it gets too hot.

Worried about people living in the states where Covid seems to be ramping up again.  Niece living in Houston with 5 year old nephew is concerning.

Going to my sisters for outdoor dinner so will have to put off the chicken parm nuggets for another day.

Tropical Cocktails Day, Love Bahama Mama's onboard.  

Beautician's Day, will need to visit her soon. 

Forgiveness Day, yes like others I need to focus on this in today's atmosphere. 

Stay away from hurricanes for a while.  We had hurricane shutters installed so that should scare them away!

Meal suggestion for today - Parmesan Chicken Nuggets, sounds good.

The heat index today could hit 115 degrees.   Stay safe everyone, with the dust coming too.

Good morning and thank you for the Daily Report.  Love seeing those maps.

I got my hair cut yesterday, I wish I had known that today would be Beautician's Day.

We should all be more forgiving, thanks for the reminder.

That wine sounds interesting but, unfortunately, not available at our liquor store.

Hope you have a wonderful day.  Stay healthy.

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I will raise my Tropical Cocktail to toast all the beauticians who are working to keep us looking and feeling good, while they are trying to stay safe at the same time, and ask forgiveness if I've forgotten anyone!  I love the menu suggestion, but will have to delay the Parmesan chicken nuggets to another night as we've got the breaded pork chops to finish.  And wine.

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Very clever Gerry! I will toast you tonight!

Thanks Rich for all the information. I was interested to see the Maasdam moving today. I booked Alaska in May on her. I hope she isn’t going relating to her sale. 

All of the meal suggestions sound wonderful but the name of the wine reminds me of dirty dinner plates and I don’t worship dirty dishes. 

Good morning, all, and thank you, Rich, for the Daily.  I think it is going to be a warm day today (possibly as high as 23...!) so I may plan something cold for supper.   Yesterday, just as I was about to put a couple of quiches in the oven, the electricity went out.  Fortunately, I had not poured the egg mixture into the shells, so I was able to wait half an hour for the electricity to return.  Pat tried to call the number to report it, never got an answer - It was an 800 number, probably in India or someplace!  It was mentioned on the local evening news later, so I think people must have been calling in to the TV station when they couldn't get through to BC Hydro!

And we have captured our wandering yellow-bellied marmot - which must have come over to the island on the ferry in someone's car or truck.  It is a great worry when one appears  as they are a threat to our local smaller marmot which is endangered.    What we count as major news!

I like Denner's wines, but usually out of my price range. And, prefer Zin to Syrah in  any event. But, thanks for the suggestion.

6 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Well today is chock full of stuff! I am getting my haircut today, so I can wish her Happy Beauticians’ Day. I can just picture the look on her face. Everyone needs their own Rich in their lives to help them keep up on world events!

I had actually glossed over Happy Beauticians day but it's probably time for an update.  I really would feel safer not going to the barber for a while, and my hair is still quite short from the near scalping I got March 3 in Sydney after I told the barber I would be at sea for 50 days.  Only problem is that it's perhaps growing faster around my ears than on the top:

IMG_8934.JPG.aa02ceb3b43914f32d074ef7fc4e3530.JPG

I may need to break down and make an appointment for a trim.

Roy

Thanks for the Daily Report, Rich. I'm always good for Bahama Mama (Malibu rum only, please) 🍹

We haven't been to the hair salon yet. It's a good thing DH's hair was sheared early March! Mine is just annoying.

Forgiveness is so important, not only for the person that did you wrong, but for yourself, so you aren't dwelling on the bad things that happen to you.

We have no plans to be anywhere near hurricanes this year.

Supper sounds delicious. I'll need to look up the wine. The name is definitely interesting.

I need to seriously decide what I'm getting my (soon-to-be) 4 yo granddaughter for her birthday. UGH. I have NO desire to be out there shopping when I haven't a clue. I have clothes, clothes and more clothes, and a couple of books, but the last time I didn't have a toy included my 5yo grandson had a meltdown. 😭I'm trying to avoid that with this little one.

Have a wonderful weekend! Stay healthy!

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I had actually glossed over Happy Beauticians day but it's probably time for an update.  I really would feel safer not going to the barber for a while, and my hair is still quite short from the near scalping I got March 3 in Sydney after I told the barber I would be at sea for 50 days.  Only problem is that it's perhaps growing faster around my ears than on the top:

Roy

I am sorry, Roy - you will have to wait until National Barber’s Day.

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

I like the look on you, Roy!

Thanks for the daily Rich.  If you get a bad haircut or drink too many cocktails today be sure to forgive - yourself and your stylist.  Leftover pizza to eat, otherwise I might have taken you up on your suggestion. Roy, you are looking good, you have saved a bit of $$ by not having to get your hair cut.✂️

Thanks for the daily report.

Another two cases of covid-19, bringing the total to 16 in the country, all in managed isolation.

They are all people returning to NZ from overseas.

Everyone arriving back in the country  has to isolate in a hotel for 14 days , have two tests during that time.

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Roy, 

A good photo of you,  pleased to see you looking so well.

Take care.