Received Cancellation Email From Both Carnival & Our TA

Joe817

We originally booked our cruise with a large online TA on Sept. 9, 2019 last year. It was paid in full. No gratuities or shore excursions EXCEPT FTTF(paid directly to Carnival).

On Tuesday, June 23, we received the cancellation email from Carnival.

On Thursday, Jun 25, we received the cancellation email from our TA. 

We have read the cancellation email from Carnival. It's exactly like the one's posted here on the forum.

We have NOT read the cancellation email from our TA. We are going to do that tonight.

Which email should we act upon? We assume the TA email will be very similar, if not exactly like Carnival's. Recommendations? Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Joe I would contact the TA after deciding whether I want a refund or want to rebook.  If rebooking I would also try to figure out which cruise before talking with the TA.

Though it's not necessary you could go into your Cruise Manager to cancel the FTTF now.

Sorry.  I know we were both anticipating our September cruises.

Edited by bury me at sea

12 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Joe I would contact the TA after deciding whether I want a refund or want to rebook.  If rebooking I would also try to figure out which cruise before talking with the TA.

Though it's not necessary you could go into your Cruise Manager to cancel the FTTF now.

Sorry.  I know we were both anticipating our September cruises.

We really were bmas. Thanks for your response. 👍 We've already decided to take the FCC & OBC and book the exact same cruise(same ship-Freedom, same 3 itineraries, and even the same cabin number), for the end of March, 2021. Hoping that's far enough out for this stuff to settle down. Let's hope we ALL sail again! 🥂

I don't know where you booked parking but you might want to check with them.  I always use Galveston Park and Cruise and they let me move the reservation to April.  If you bought travel insurance you can also transfer it to your new cruise.

Believe me, having gone through this 3 times now (the first cancellation was not related to Corona) I believe your TA can make it pretty much seamless.

And the Freedom is my favorite ship!

Happy sailing.