Hump balcony cabins on Jewel

I’ve sailed on all the Radiance class ships several times but always avoid balconies on the 7th floor because of the overhang.  However, the overhang doesn’t extend to the hump so I booked one on Jewel.  I was looking at the deck plans and noticed that it indicates that these cabins are partially obstructed.  It’s only on Jewel and not on the other radiance class ships.  Anyone know what the obstruction is?  

I have sailed on the Radiance, Serenade and Jewel.  There is nothing significantly different about the Jewel.  Sounds like it is just a glitch in the description on the Jewel.  The one on the curve has a slight obstruction in one direction, the ones in the center does not.

I was concerned booking on Deck 7 on Brilliance as they said it was partially obstructed.  In fact, you can see straight out without any obstruction.  The only obstruction was some sort of covering to block the view of the lifeboats below, so you couldn't see down to the water, but neither could those on Deck 8 above.  I can't imagine what obstruction there would be on the hump, unless there were support beams coming down by the balcony dividers.  🍷

2 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I was concerned booking on Deck 7 on Brilliance as they said it was partially obstructed.  In fact, you can see straight out without any obstruction.  The only obstruction was some sort of covering to block the view of the lifeboats below, so you couldn't see down to the water, but neither could those on Deck 8 above.  I can't imagine what obstruction there would be on the hump, unless there were support beams coming down by the balcony dividers.  🍷

Were you on the hump? That’s the obstruction that I’m trying to find out about.  I wouldn’t stay in a room on deck 7 that overlooked the awning of the lifeboats ever again. I found it extremely annoying.  

2 hours ago, sellwingri said:

Were you on the hump? That’s the obstruction that I’m trying to find out about.  I wouldn’t stay in a room on deck 7 that overlooked the awning of the lifeboats ever again. I found it extremely annoying.  

Funny.  I did, and I didn't.  😊 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sellwingri said:

No, we were not on the hump.  We were on Deck 7, and to look at the awning of the lifeboats, you had to be standing at the rail.  If you were on Deck 8 above us, you would have the same view looking down at the awning.  🍷

If hump cabin is what you are looking for then the ones in the center I think 7600 is a good one.

Otherwise we always love the spacious ov balconies that have extra overhang on serenade and jewel.  Not sure about brilliance never sailed on her before but 2 of our favorites are 7658 and 7036.

We have sailed in 7094 several times.  The extra large balcony is great. The view forward is wide open.  There is a bit of an obstruction looking aft as the elevators extend out a little.  We have also sailed in 7600, no obstruction at all.  

42 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

We have sailed in 7094 several times.  The extra large balcony is great. The view forward is wide open.  There is a bit of an obstruction looking aft as the elevators extend out a little.  We have also sailed in 7600, no obstruction at all.  

There are only 4 balcony cabins on the hump on the port side because of the elevator bank.  There are 10 balcony cabins on the hump on the starboard side.  I can't imagine what the obstruction would be as there are no lifeboats to look down upon, only the water.  🍷

1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

There are only 4 balcony cabins on the hump on the port side because of the elevator bank.  There are 10 balcony cabins on the hump on the starboard side.  I can't imagine what the obstruction would be as there are no lifeboats to look down upon, only the water.  🍷

Of the 10 on the starboard 6 have a clear view fore and aft.  The other 4 have a little obstruction in one of the directions because of the curve.

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The best are 8594 & 8596. I imagine the same on deck 9, but haven't stayed there.

Probably the same on Deck 7, which the OP is inquiring about.  🍷

37 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Probably the same on Deck 7, which the OP is inquiring about.  🍷

dani negreanu is correct.

Here is the dead center hump balcony 8594... note the obvious lifeboat covers below both forward and aft just below deck 7.

IMG_2544.JPG

IMG_2545.JPG

Those "hump" cabins on deck 7 that are not dead center will definitely have an obstruction looking down... I would only pick the 2 deck 7 hump cabins that are dead center.

Here's a reverse view from cabin 7546 which is by the forward elevator. It has a full view forward as well is backward, partially over top the white lifeboat cover. Note I have circled the first 3 "hump" cabins.... definitely cannot see straight down to the ocean

DSC02090.JPG

Edited by Hoopster95

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The best are 8594 & 8596. I imagine the same on deck 9, but haven't stayed there.

I have stayed in 8596 and yes, it is nice but 8088 has the big balcony.  I have brought down a couple lounge chairs and there is plenty of room for them.

We have sailed a lot on this class.

Edited by Blizzard54

29 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

I have stayed in 8596 and yes, it is nice but 8088 has the big balcony.  I have brought down a couple lounge chairs and there is plenty of room for them.

We have sailed a lot on this class.

My brother stayed in 8088 on Brilliance.  Yes, it has a huge balcony, but the noise at night drafting up from the atrium was very loud.  They had to close the fire door to muffle it.  🍷

2 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

My brother stayed in 8088 on Brilliance.  Yes, it has a huge balcony, but the noise at night drafting up from the atrium was very loud.  They had to close the fire door to muffle it.  🍷

That's why I think that the starboard is the best side, much more quieter, even if the balcony is regular size.

3 hours ago, Wine-O said:

IME, the fire door is always closed by the staff at a certain time at night.  If not, passengers close it.  It's not a big deal.

3 hours ago, Wine-O said:

We stayed in 8088   NEVER AGAIN  Like you said a LOT of noise from the Centrum.  I don't remember if the other hump balcony cabins that that problem or not but we always book at leas 6 cabins down from the Centrum on any Radiance class ship

4 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Most of my stays in those cabins were before they starting having the loud events in the centrum.  I do recall that the last time we closed the door at night. 

19 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I'm booked in 7602, in the middle of the hump, and my TA tells me there is a 15% obstruction.  Can't imagine what that can be?  🍷

Exact room we’re  booked in and why I was asking about the obstruction.  I’m not looking for info on 8th floor cabins or those on 7 with the overhang below.  I’m specifically asking about the obstruction on the hump on the 7th floor.  

Does anyone know?