Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
clo

The Points Guy article with lots of cruise info

Recommended Posts

I think this is one of the few instances where the "no ports" model could work, due to the scenery involved. Especially since they can still do kayaking, paddle-boarding, etc.

 

Probably could also work for Antarctica.

 

Not too many other places I'd be willing to consider it. Maybe the South Pacific, if you could stop at some deserted beaches for swimming, snorkeling, etc....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

I think this is one of the few instances where the "no ports" model could work, due to the scenery involved. Especially since they can still do kayaking, paddle-boarding, etc.

 

Probably could also work for Antarctica.

 

Not too many other places I'd be willing to consider it. Maybe the South Pacific, if you could stop at some deserted beaches for swimming, snorkeling, etc....

 

 

 

Seattle roundtrip to Alaska, and hit Glacier Bay, Tracy Arm and Hubbard and come back, even more amazing scenery, but think getting together with 2-3000 on a ship for a week will almost certainly result in multiple cases of COVID and quarantine given the current explosion in the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chipmaster said:

 

Seattle roundtrip to Alaska, and hit Glacier Bay, Tracy Arm and Hubbard and come back, even more amazing scenery, but think getting together with 2-3000 on a ship for a week will almost certainly result in multiple cases of COVID and quarantine given the current explosion in the US.

 

Yes -- I should've been clearer. No way I'd do it right now. I just meant that if ever there was a good candidate for a "no ports" cruise, this one would be up there in terms of desirability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A no ports cruise is not so different than a transatlantic or other form of repositioning cruise.  This type of cruise is not for me at this moment, but it might work for some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love a 14 day cruise with no port calls!  I've almost been on a cruise leg like that: Hawaii to New Zealand with no stops, a total of 12 days at sea, if I recall.  It was wonderful!  (The cruise started in LA, and Oahu was the only stop on the trip to NZ.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was another thread that talked about cruises to nowhere and it seems there is quite a bit of interest. At least in this case you world get some scenery which to me is a better alternative than out to sea and back again 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very surprisingly Cruises to nowhere are actually more expensive even though they do not pay any port fees at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drsel said:

Cruises to nowhere are actually more expensive even though they do not pay any port fees at all

More fuel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...