Cruise Critic Community
clo

The Points Guy article with lots of cruise info

I think this is one of the few instances where the "no ports" model could work, due to the scenery involved. Especially since they can still do kayaking, paddle-boarding, etc.

Probably could also work for Antarctica.

Not too many other places I'd be willing to consider it. Maybe the South Pacific, if you could stop at some deserted beaches for swimming, snorkeling, etc....

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

I think this is one of the few instances where the "no ports" model could work, due to the scenery involved. Especially since they can still do kayaking, paddle-boarding, etc.

Probably could also work for Antarctica.

Not too many other places I'd be willing to consider it. Maybe the South Pacific, if you could stop at some deserted beaches for swimming, snorkeling, etc....

Seattle roundtrip to Alaska, and hit Glacier Bay, Tracy Arm and Hubbard and come back, even more amazing scenery, but think getting together with 2-3000 on a ship for a week will almost certainly result in multiple cases of COVID and quarantine given the current explosion in the US.

Just now, chipmaster said:

Seattle roundtrip to Alaska, and hit Glacier Bay, Tracy Arm and Hubbard and come back, even more amazing scenery, but think getting together with 2-3000 on a ship for a week will almost certainly result in multiple cases of COVID and quarantine given the current explosion in the US.

Yes -- I should've been clearer. No way I'd do it right now. I just meant that if ever there was a good candidate for a "no ports" cruise, this one would be up there in terms of desirability.

A no ports cruise is not so different than a transatlantic or other form of repositioning cruise.  This type of cruise is not for me at this moment, but it might work for some.

I would love a 14 day cruise with no port calls!  I've almost been on a cruise leg like that: Hawaii to New Zealand with no stops, a total of 12 days at sea, if I recall.  It was wonderful!  (The cruise started in LA, and Oahu was the only stop on the trip to NZ.)

There was another thread that talked about cruises to nowhere and it seems there is quite a bit of interest. At least in this case you world get some scenery which to me is a better alternative than out to sea and back again 😉

Very surprisingly Cruises to nowhere are actually more expensive even though they do not pay any port fees at all

2 hours ago, drsel said:

Cruises to nowhere are actually more expensive even though they do not pay any port fees at all

More fuel?