Cruise Critic Community
prescottbob

Interesting Travel Restriction Map

Thanks for the information. 

Posted (edited)

Good map.  So who is booking their flight to Pakistan 🇵🇰?

Edited by KirkNC

55 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Good map.  So who is booking their flight to Pakistan 🇵🇰?

On the phone with my TA as we speak..

This is wrong. The map shows the UK and Ireland with no restrictions. If US (and indeed UK citizens )who have travelled  from abroad arrive in the UK - they must self isolate for 14 days before they can go out.

32 minutes ago, Mickb said:

This is wrong. The map shows the UK and Ireland with no restrictions. If US (and indeed UK citizens )who have travelled  from abroad arrive in the UK - they must self isolate for 14 days before they can go out.

It does say that, if you click on the country.  There is no travel restriction regarding whether you can travel there, only that, once you are there, you must self quarantine for 14 days.

Thanks for sharing, some of those countries with no restrictions, not sure I or any one else will be travelling there soon. 

Interesting no restrictions to Mexico, maybe cruising could start there, I'll go..

54 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

Interesting no restrictions to Mexico, maybe cruising could start there, I'll go..

I got an email from a travel agency that said Mexico had not plans yet for cruise ships but some resorts in Cozumel were opening in July - wonder which one is correct.

42 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I got an email from a travel agency that said Mexico had not plans yet for cruise ships but some resorts in Cozumel were opening in July - wonder which one is correct.

Maybe it's a beginning..

3 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

It's already there. 🙂 Sailings from San Diego to the Mexican Riviera on Koningsdam begin October of this year. We're already booked on this itinerary for Next March! 😎

4 hours ago, KroozNut said:

It's already there. 🙂 Sailings from San Diego to the Mexican Riviera on Koningsdam begin October of this year. We're already booked on this itinerary for Next March! 😎

So far. I want to book but I'm afraid it will be cancelled in the next month or so.

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

So far. I want to book but I'm afraid it will be cancelled in the next month or so.

FYI I have received an email and they canceled our 1/9/21 24 day cruise  B2B 

From our home town San Diego Mexico and Hawaii, We booked this back in March 2019! Our PCC said all cruises to Mexico and Hawaii will be canceled until further notice,

So for us our 3 month cruise  on 3/11 went to 3/15 on Rotterdam!!  Canceled!!

Our Oceania Cruises 2 canceled and now this cruise! Hopefully our Rotterdam cruise 1/29/2022 will be a go Panama. Canal!!!

Good Luck

Denise😊

12 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

From our home town San Diego Mexico and Hawaii, We booked this back in March 2019! Our PCC said all cruises to Mexico and Hawaii will be canceled until further notice,

Our Oceania Cruises 2 canceled and now this cruise! Hopefully our Rotterdam cruise 1/29/2022 will be a go Panama. Canal!!!

Good Luck

Denise😊

Sorry to hear this.  We are booked on Rotterdam out of San Diego on February 21, 2021 -- for Hawaii and French Polynesia for 32 days.   It hasn't cancelled yet, but there are no excursions listed for any of French Polynesia, so I'm sure it's a no-go -- just like Mexico and Hawaii.  

Magic Wand, bring me a vaccine!!!  🧚‍♀️

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

Sorry to hear this.  We are booked on Rotterdam out of San Diego on February 21, 2021 -- for Hawaii and French Polynesia for 32 days.   It hasn't cancelled yet, but there are no excursions listed for any of French Polynesia, so I'm sure it's a no-go -- just like Mexico and Hawaii.  

Magic Wand, bring me a vaccine!!!  🧚‍♀️

We're scheduled on the Panama Canal cruise from San Diego on February 23.  I highly doubt that we will feel confident enough to do this cruise, but I've haven't heard anything yet. Can anyone tell me where to find the final payment due date, other than on the original invoice? I have heard that those dates are a month closer to the cruise now.

6 hours ago, Dismomx5 said:

We're scheduled on the Panama Canal cruise from San Diego on February 23.  I highly doubt that we will feel confident enough to do this cruise, but I've haven't heard anything yet. Can anyone tell me where to find the final payment due date, other than on the original invoice? I have heard that those dates are a month closer to the cruise now.

the HAL website outlines which cruises the final payment date is now but be warned, the cancellation penalties remain unchanged.

So, your final payment may now be December of January but you cancellation penalties are still the same and start sooner than your final payment.  Hope this makes sense and helps.

20 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good Luck

Denise😊

Should I be checking the future cruise listing to this post Denise?

sorry to hear about your cancellations.  I know how it feels 😞 

33 minutes ago, kazu said:

Should I be checking the future cruise listing to this post Denise?

sorry to hear about your cancellations.  I know how it feels 😞 

Hi Jacqui! Gave you a Happy Canada Day in The Daily!

You already cancelled these for me already Jacqui! Just wanted to let them know HAL cancelled ours

Denise😊

3 hours ago, kazu said:

the HAL website outlines which cruises the final payment date is now but be warned, the cancellation penalties remain unchanged.

So, your final payment may now be December of January but you cancellation penalties are still the same and start sooner than your final payment.  Hope this makes sense and helps.

Thanks! Yes, and I wouldn't have thought about that. I appreciate the reminder!!!

On 6/30/2020 at 7:23 PM, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good Luck

Denise😊

I was looking forward to reading about your HAL and Oceania cruises!  If I recall correctly, you were on your way when cruises were halted.  2022 Panama Canal sounds wonderful!  I'm booked on Nov 2020 RT San Diego to Hawaii on Koningsdam.  What I don't understand is why this cruise hasn't been cancelled when other Hawaii cruises (like yours) have been. 

1 hour ago, CabinBoy2020 said:

I was looking forward to reading about your HAL and Oceania cruises!  If I recall correctly, you were on your way when cruises were halted.  2022 Panama Canal sounds wonderful!  I'm booked on Nov 2020 RT San Diego to Hawaii on Koningsdam.  What I don't understand is why this cruise hasn't been cancelled when other Hawaii cruises (like yours) have been. 

I do remember you!!!!this was  so disappointing. We were only on the cruise starting off on Rotterdam 4 days! Do 3 months vacation in 4.😞. We were looking forward to The Koningsdam and we received the email and it was like ok 4 strikes down. I am surprised since they show cruises in February. Oh well. So now we took our FCC and our deposits and rebooked Rotterdam for 2022 and also with Oceania!! I fell confident those will be a go!

I sure hope your cruise is a go!! Will keep my fingers crossed for you! Thank you for writing to me!!!

Denise😊