Laundry near dock in Papeete?

dumbth

Is there no place to get laundry done in my partial day between cruises? I get off, then back on a returning cruise ship on a thursday in Papeete. Would prefer self service or at least no drama in getting clothes back quickly without fail. Thank you

Edited by dumbth

Found the following 

Links to laundry

I checked on Google maps and the three listed on the above link confirmed they are still there.

Hopefully someone who has a more knowledge than I can will be able to point the right direction.

Have a lovely cruise, we hope to be there in January.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the info so far. I am taking NCL from Honolulu to Papeete to Honolulu. This apparent duplication allows me to not need any air travel. Hitting all the island stops twice will be my insurance in case of rain; my previously scheduled one-way version of this trip which NCL cancelled faced rainstorm problems.

38 minutes ago, dumbth said:

Thanks so much for the info so far. I am taking NCL from Honolulu to Papeete to Honolulu. This apparent duplication allows me to not need any air travel. Hitting all the island stops twice will be my insurance in case of rain; my previously scheduled one-way version of this trip which NCL cancelled faced rainstorm problems.

Sounds wonderful! Have a great cruise.

I take it you don't trust laundry services on NCL?

9 hours ago, Petoonya said:

I take it you don't trust laundry services on NCL?

I am hoping to be offered their one time "bag of laundry for $20" deal, but for the rest I seem to recall NCL charges more than the original purchase price of items to clean. Also I hear they are promoting free laundry for the most expensive cabins and may become too busy. But probably I shouldn't be so frugal if it cuts into my short time in Papeete 🙂

Edited by dumbth

The best thing to do in Papeete is to take a drive around the island- either rent a car yourself or get a few others on your roll call to join you in hiring a car. (Yota Tahiti or Tahiti Eden are good ones). Papeete is a dingy city not at all what you think of as a south sea island paradise. There are some things worth seeing- the market, Notre Dame cathedral, walk along the waterfront. But honestly- get out of the city and take a tour around the island. It's 3 hours and worth it.

• Like 1

We have driven around the island a couple of times, so last cruise we did a 4x4 tour into Papenoo Valley rainforest. They have 1/2 day and full day tours.

Definitely don't recommend wasting time doing laundry ashore, so many great sights will be missed.

I don't know how often you have sailed NCL but gold level in their Latitudes program give you a 50% discount . Platinum and above gives you 1 free bag of laundry service . Each 7 day trip has a laundry special and 14 days or more the special will be offered twice .