NCL Newbie Question

I booked our first NCL cruise 3 days ago.  It was 2 for 1 deposit, had all the FAS promotions included.  Then yesterday they had the same cruise with everything, with prepaid gratuities.  Am I able to swap my booking to this new offer?  Not sure how all this works with NCL.

Thank you for any and all help

2 hours ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

Oh never mind.  The price of the balcony went up significantly with this deal.  Paying the gratuities would be cheaper.  LOL

Yes...this is often the way things happen...But keep watching your cruise as the prices likely will sway all over the place from one month to the next.

As "Bird" mentioned, as long as you are outside final payment, you are free to cancel and rebook under a new program if it is a better deal for you...

Also important to note, if you are after final payment, you may still be able to change your booking to a higher class cabin by paying the difference in the cabin fare.  Keep in mind, you're "perks" could change based upon the program offer at that time, but "All free at sea" has been a norm for quite some time. 

We simply paid for a better cabin two times after final payment last summer and didn't lose any perks along the way.

The pricing we got for our final cabin was about 30% less than what it was when we first booked the cruise.

Keep watching the rates and....Always feel free to call up NCL and ask...the worst they can ever say is "NO"

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 9:04 AM, FLAHAM said:

Bear in mind that the cabin upgrade costs the upgraded cabin price minus the price you paid, not minus the current price of the cabin you paid for.  

yes, indeed.  I booked an interior, because I couldn't justify the balcony at the time.  But the price of the balcony now with paid gratuities would've been worth it.  But the current price for the balcony NOW is a lot higher than the balcony was THEN....  oh well, I missed the boat on that.

On 7/2/2020 at 5:54 AM, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

Oh never mind.  The price of the balcony went up significantly with this deal.  Paying the gratuities would be cheaper.  LOL

Welcome to NCL

On 7/2/2020 at 5:53 AM, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

That's It ??

Yes, but remember it is a cancel and rebook...... this means your stateroom goes back into inventory for the couple minutes it takes to start the booking of the new reservation and there is a chance (very very slight but still a chance) you may lose that specific stateroom ...... so, something to be aware of if you have you heart set on that particular stateroom.