Puerto Rico and Covid Tests

This is going to be difficult. Many people cannot get the results of a covid test in time for their flights to SJU. And will PR require another test before disembarking? Last year friends of mine were on a cruise from SJU that was at sea when PR suddenly barred all cruise ships! They eventually disembarked at Port Canaveral, with no arrangements to get home from there.

12 minutes ago, okiedrifters said:

Just saw this...we are booked on a late September out of San Juan....not sure it will sail, but if it does, I know what to expect upon arrival. 

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/puerto-rico-to-demand-covid-19-test-results-from-arriving-passengers?fbclid=IwAR2kIaCCg-1o6aG1dR7otq1c9ewKV2BGCNLI_IVxAZUbKnZsWFt692M8qEI

Can’t blame them. 

We're booked for March 2021 on Freedom out of San Juan...fingers crossed !!

OP are your flights booked and any concern with those.? I'm starting to look and am a bit concerned about booking them.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

OP are your flights booked and any concern with those.? I'm starting to look and am a bit concerned about booking them.

We just booked air to St Maarten for January (land vacation, not cruise).  Right now they aren't allowing visitors from the US, and are requiring a covid test from others.  Who knows what it will be like in January, but we got the airfare for 176.00pp so there isn't much at risk 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

We just booked air to St Maarten for January (land vacation, not cruise).  Right now they aren't allowing visitors from the US, and are requiring a covid test from others.  Who knows what it will be like in January, but we got the airfare for 176.00pp so there isn't much at risk 🙂

I just saw that news story as well. Other Islands have followed suit as well.

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

No, I haven’t booked airfare yet. Although my hubby is a pilot and we fly non-revenue space available for free, when we cruise, I always buy tickets just to make we get there😅.   I’m waiting for the next round of cancellations before buying tickets. We are hoping this one gets to sail, but cautiously optimistic! 

It wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of itinerary changes (AFTER final payment dates). Having cruises embark from Florida ports instead of San Juan would probably mean changing or losing some ports of call, because of the distance the various southern Caribbean islands.