The Daily for Friday Jul 3, 2020

richwmn

today is National Plastic Bag Free Day and Chocolate Wafer Day

Bacchus, n.:
    A convenient deity invented by the ancients as an excuse for getting drunk.
        -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

Meal suggestion for today - Tender Chicken Strips

Wine for today - The Four Graces Pinot Noir Willamette Valley,2015,93,32

At Sea Indian Ocean
Amsterdam destination Singapore eta 7/5
Maasdam destination Suez Canal eta 7/17
Veendam destination Suez Canal eta 7/17

Punta Arenas
Oosterdam

Balboa Panama
Koningsdam

Manila Anchorage
Nieuw Amsterdam
Noordam
Rotterdam
Volendam
Zuiderdam

Singapore Anchorage
Eurodam
Westerdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.

Thank you for the Daily Report.

I would love to get some chocolate wafers.  And I am trying to use fewer plastic bags, but I have a dog and need some when I take him for walks. 😉

Dinner sounds good, thanks for the suggestion.

I'll check out the wine, we definitely need some!

As Dr Bonnie Henry says "be calm, be kind and be safe".

Have a good day, stay healthy.

• Like 3

Good Morning all. Thanks Rich for the update. 
Love the quote, cheers to Bacchus. Do patriotic Oreos count for chocolate wafers 😀

Yesterday was a very good day. I know I posted about my car incident but I never posted that 1 of my fur babies got out the kitchen door 2 weeks ago and wasn’t seen since.   Well, he showed up yesterday morning in the yard none the worse for his adventures.  
Have a safe and happy weekend. 

• Like 7

Good morning Rich, my sisters and fellow Dailyites!

Rich found out before I did, but today is also in celebration of "Joy got her UHaul Box Day"! Actually it came yesterday afternoon. Our new neighbors saw me unloading, came over and helped unload it in 20 minutes flat! I unpacked 28 boxes and finished up already this morning. I'm so happy. Just need to hang pictures and I'm set! Yippee!! 

Everyone stay safe and careful. This nasty Covid is tough. XX

• Like 9

Thanks for the Daily, Rich 🙂 

We had chicken last night but since I have some left over chicken tenders just might do the trick 😉 LOL on Bacchus definition.  

We’re pretty much plastic bag free until lately.  With covid, we were actually told not to bring our re-usable bags in as they can contain and transmit germs.  Things are changing back to re-usable bags permitted again as long as they do not go on the counter with the cashier.

@Seasick Sailor you find the best memes and always add humour to this thread, thanks 🙂 

@puppycanducruise we need bags for our dog walks too.   In case it helps, we get ours at the dollar store or Costco and they are biodegradable.

Have a great July 4th weekend, my American friends 😄 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Rich found out before I did, but today is also in celebration of "Joy got her UHaul Box Day"! Actually it came yesterday afternoon. Our new neighbors saw me unloading, came over and helped unload it in 20 minutes flat! I unpacked 28 boxes and finished up already this morning. I'm so happy. Just need to hang pictures and I'm set! Yippee!! 

YAY 🙂. So happy to hear that your long lost box arrived.  Sounds like you have some great neighbours, too 🙂 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Yesterday was a very good day. I know I posted about my car incident but I never posted that 1 of my fur babies got out the kitchen door 2 weeks ago and wasn’t seen since.   Well, he showed up yesterday morning in the yard none the worse for his adventures

Oh my heavens!  So glad your prodigal fur baby has returned safe and sound ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my CC Sisters!  

Lots to celebrate today! Chocolate, a wine deity, @1ANGELCAT’s lost fur baby returning home (thank goodness), 1 lost moving pod turning up and Joy’s wonderful new neighbors! 

@puppycanducruise, I found biodegradable dog waste bags on Amazon. They are more expensive, but I am now plastic bag free. I have had to wash my reusable grocery bags every time I use them, but I keep telling myself it is worth it!

The wine has some spectacular ratings, but it is over $50/bottle.  A bit steep for me. Maybe a special occasion. I do love a good Pinot Noir.

Stay well everyone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the report.    Dinner was to be turkey ham and I won't make chicken strips but may head to Mickey's drive through for nuggets.  I'm thinking more of snacks since I love raspberries in the evening and haven't had them for a week (seeds) or nuts and deprived of ice cream Wednesday night.

Seasick sailor, congrats on your pod and your neighbor's hospitality.  I do hope they were following social distancing/mask protocols.

1anglecat, congrats on the return of your furbaby.

I'm quite sure the Maasdam and Veendam is not really the Suez Canal but somewhere beyond.  I am speculating it may be Moni Cyprus.  Several of the Princess and Seabourn ships involved in the original repatriation effort are hanging out there.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  What an uplifting group of people we have here - cheering each other on, sending good vibes, etc.  I, too, am happy to hear of the return of the wandering fur-baby, the wandering U-Haul pod, and yesterday's survival of a colonoscopy.

I like the dinner suggestion, and will be tossing some chicken on the barbecue for dinner tonight as we have friends over who are dealing with the aftermath of a garage fire that destroyed their garage and engulfed the rest of their house in smoke.  We're making up a huge tray of chicken, and will include lots of salads, etc, so they can take leftovers to their rental for a few day's worth of meals.  BTW,  @richwmn  once again, you had me at chocolate. . .  And wine.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,

Such good news on several fronts--a beloved fur baby returns, a wandering moving pod reunited, a colonoscopy now in the rear view mirror and Bacchus.

Another great quote and food suggestions.  Chicken nuggets in the freezer for when it gets to be dinner time and I have no idea what to make.

Happy 4th to everyone--stay safe and be well.  

• Like 3

Sounds like a good day for all!  Our plan for the day is to go to the computer store to see if there is a new iPad in my future.  My old one is so old I can't do much with it, and if I synch it with my iPhone and computer, it crashes (I have over 30,000 photos on my computer and up in the cloud, so my iPad has to stay away from them.  I mainly us it to do jigsaw puzzles and play games, but I do like it to be working properly. And I have a birthday coming up next month, although I think I already had my birthday present of a new computer a few months ago.  Hope Pat has forgotten that...

• Like 5

Thanks to everyone for sharing their good news!

So happy that the furbaby is back.  And glad the pod is unpacked.

Thanks for the advice about biodegradable poo bags.  I also save my bread bags for walking the dog, but I nice to know I can get others    I usually use my HAL bags when I get groceries, but they were not allowed for a while with COVID.

• Like 2

Good morning all! Seems like I am never on time always late getting to The Daily!!

A lot happening here in San Diego!! Spikes are up big time with the virus so now this am the news says San Diego is now on the watchlist! All the counties in California bars etc are closed again but we stayed open! 😞 Now more updates later on the news. 
National plastic bag day here in San Diego we can not bring any of our bags to the grocery store so now they put your groceries in plastic bags which used to be 10 cents each now free. I could probably make something with all the recycled bags! Also here we have biodegradable 

doggie bags everywhere! Made from peanuts LOL! 
🌺🌺IT WILL BE A HUGE TOAST AT HAPPY HOUR TO MY SIS JOY ON FINALLY RECEIVING HER UHAUL POD!!!!! Yippee 🥳 

🌺🌺ROY, SO HAPPY ITS ALL OVER AND FINALLY YOU GET TO ENJOY YOUR FAVORITE FOODS AGAIN! STILL MISS ALL IF YOUR WRITINGS AND HOPE I GET TO READ THEM SOON IN THE FUTURE!

🌺🌺1anglecat, I AM SO HAPPY YOUR FUR BABY RETURNED! I WOULD BE DEVASTATED IF OUR LITTLE PAISLEY LEFT.

🌺🌺CAT, HAVE A GOOD DAY AND HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR GREAT WALKS WITH BINDI AND HOW ARE THE TWINS DOING?

🦦To Rich, To all on The Daily, and to my sisters! (Please stay safe and well and enjoy our 4th! )

Denise😊  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, Rich! I have been very excited to use my reusable grocery bags again. Our container of plastic bags is flowing over! Chocolate anything day is a good day! Love the quote. No chicken today because I just ordered fish and chips for supper from our local diner. We're still supporting local!

Oh, 1angelcat, that is such good news! I'm sure that the emotions were running wild!

Yeah for the UHaul box getting there and friendly neighbours, Joy. Roy enjoy the raspberries! (My favourite fruit).  Gerry that is so thoughtful of your plan to feed the friends in need. 

We had two of the grandchildren yesterday over for a swim. The third is coming tomorrow.

Have a safe holiday weekend! @puppycanducruise I LOVE the quote from Dr. Henry! It is perfect! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good morning all! Seems like I am never on time always late getting to The Daily!!

A lot happening here in San Diego!! Spikes are up big time with the virus so now this am the news says San Diego is now on the watchlist! All the counties in California bars etc are closed again but we stayed open! 😞 Now more updates later on the news. 
National plastic bag day here in San Diego we can not bring any of our bags to the grocery store so now they put your groceries in plastic bags which used to be 10 cents each now free. I could probably make something with all the recycled bags! 

🌺🌺CAT, HAVE A GOOD DAY AND HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR GREAT WALKS WITH BINDI AND HOW ARE THE TWINS DOING?

Denise, I am so sorry. Our respective states are not doing well. Neither is Joy’s. Odd isn’t it. I am lucky to live in a County where our Sheriff alerted everyone early on, and now my town requires masks indoors. 

The Twins are doing well. And we had another fawn born last week. Bindi & I encountered it surrounded by its very protective family - all stomping their hooves on the ground - last week. It is a bit late in the season, but I am not complaining.

And the oldest fawn in the neighborhood has almost lost all its spots. It spent last evening in my backyard trying EVERY plant I have there.😒 But they are gorgeous, so I try not to complain. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 3

Happy holidays to everyone.  Enjoy reading everyone's good news. A great way to start the day.

Headed out for  a hike.  Most places here on the coast will be really busy in spite of the amount of new cases in our county.  Will carry my mask but hopefully won't need to use it on the trail.  Masks are required now in all public places and where one can't social distance.  We also haven't been able to use our reusable bags at the grocery store unless we bag ourselves.  Which we have done most of the time.  If we forget the paper bags are now free.  

Have an awesome day.  Thanks for the daily report.  Stay well, safe, and be kind!!  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

And the oldest fawn in the neighborhood has almost lost all its spots. It spent last evening in my backyard trying EVERY plant I have there.😒 But they are gorgeous, so I try not to complain. 

They aren't old enough to read the deer-resistant plant list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2