What are my L&S options?

I have an upcoming 8 night Bahamas cruise on Anthem of the Seas out of Bayonne sailing on December 19, 2020.  I was planning on making my final payment on August 28.

The ports are Port Canaveral, CocoCay, and Nassau.  I am becoming more doubtful this cruise will become a reality.

What are my Lift & Shift options on a Quantum or Oasis class ship (or even Freedom a class ship)?

Edited by soremekun

We just lifted and sifted this cruise to the same Anthem cruise next year.  Normally they don't allow it, but I think they made an exception since both are holiday cruises....and everything else is the exact same.  

2 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

We just lifted and sifted this cruise to the same Anthem cruise next year.  Normally they don't allow it, but I think they made an exception since both are holiday cruises....and everything else is the exact same.  

The same cruise next year is a 7 night cruise.  Interesting.

Just now, soremekun said:

The same cruise next year is a 7 night cruise.  Interesting.

Yes exactly.  If its what you want, try calling.  I mentioned this was the only difference but they are both holiday cruises.  The agent didn't even question it.  I think your only other option is Enchantment Bahamas cruise....but that's not exactly apples to apples.

28 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Yes exactly.  If its what you want, try calling.  I mentioned this was the only difference but they are both holiday cruises.  The agent didn't even question it.  I think your only other option is Enchantment Bahamas cruise....but that's not exactly apples to apples.

I will never sail Enchantment.  I'll check in with my TA and try to make the switch to Anthem for next year.  It is not showing up on Royal's site.  I hope it's not sold out.

18 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I will never sail Enchantment.  I'll check in with my TA and try to make the switch to Anthem for next year.  It is not showing up on Royal's site.  I hope it's not sold out.

As was posted above the Anthem or EN will be your only options.  It needs to be a Bahamas itinerary which rules out most of the sailings from Florida as they are Caribbean itineraries.  

If you want something different just cancel the Anthem, get the FCC and book something else for Christmas 2020 then shift it and apply the FCC from Anthem.  

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

As was posted above the Anthem or EN will be your only options.  It needs to be a Bahamas itinerary which rules out most of the sailings from Florida as they are Caribbean itineraries.  

If you want something different just cancel the Anthem, get the FCC and book something else for Christmas 2020 then shift it and apply the FCC from Anthem.  

Thanks for the information.  I have emailed my TA and will follow up here with the response.

Does the December 24, 2021 Anthem cruise appear to be sold out?

3 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Thanks for the information.  I have emailed my TA and will follow up here with the response.

Does the December 24, 2021 Anthem cruise appear to be sold out?

Not even close.  Just for reference of the 20+ J3 category not one has been sold.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, soremekun said:

What's not showing up?  I see the Anthem cruise. Or do you mean your stateroom category?

Good luck.  I was able to get an exception, as mentioned I'm guessing because it's from a holiday cruise to a holiday cruise.

3 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

What's not showing up?  I see the Anthem cruise. Or do you mean your stateroom category?

Good luck.  I was able to get an exception, as mentioned I'm guessing because it's from a holiday cruise to a holiday cruise.

I stand corrected.  It was nested with the December 5, 2021 cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soremekun said:

What are my Lift & Shift options on a Quantum or Oasis class ship (or even Freedom a class ship)?

Go to https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/ and select Lift and Shift option.  After you enter your booking info and click Begin Request, choose Ship and Sailing date under 1st Preference.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

A little off topic, but what would prevent a person from doing a L&S to a more expensive available cruise and then rebooking the original cruise?  Can this be done?  

Hi

One other option is to just have your deposit moved to whatever sailing you are interested in.  That way you don’t have to wait for a refund or FCC for the deposit.  They are waiving NRD penalties to do this so the full deposit just moves.  You pay prevailing rates for the new cruise you choose.  You don’t have to worry about lift and shift eligibility either.

Noreen

My kids and I were supposed to be on the NYE cruise on Anthem this year (so the week following yours, I think?). Anyway, the online form told me Enchantment was my only option. 

I contacted my TA and she was able to get an exception from Royal to get us on the 7-night Anthem cruise on 12/24. We’re even in our same cabin. Strangely enough, the 9-night Western Caribbean was given to her an an option - without having to ask for any special exceptions - over the phone but it sails on 12/31 and wouldn’t have worked with the kids’ school calendar. 

Edited by BunnyHutt
Word correction

Maybe I'm missing something here, how are you happy L &S from a 8 day cruise to a 7 day cruise, price protected? I would want something thrown in for losing 1 day? OBC or $$$ off of some kind?

Edited by Jimbo

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe I'm missing something here, how are you happy L &S from a 8 day cruise to a 7 day cruise, price protected? I would want something thrown in for losing 1 day? OBC or $$$ off of some kind?

Chances are the 8 day cruise in 2020 is still significantly less than the 7 day in 2021.  You wouldn’t get anything extra thrown in as no one if forcing you to take that, they are offering an 8 day which is even worse as it’s on Enchantment.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

My fare is less for 7-night, so while I was “price protected” against a higher fare, I’m still paying about the same price per night as I was for the 8-night. 

It is a bummer to lose a night but at least I’m more confident the Dec 2021 sailing will go. 

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Chances are the 8 day cruise in 2020 is still significantly less than the 7 day in 2021.  You wouldn’t get anything extra thrown in as no one if forcing you to take that, they are offering an 8 day which is even worse as it’s on Enchantment.

We saved over $3000 moving the 8 night Anthem cruise Dec 2020 to the 7 night Anthem cruise Dec 2021.  Price has significantly gone up since we booked it in March (booked it right after our Anthem March cruise was cancelled).  It's too bad as the 8 nights would have been nice, and vacation-wise the timing worked well for this year, but it is what it is.  Glad Royal gives this option.

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 9:03 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Not even close.  Just for reference of the 20+ J3 category not one has been sold.

I just did a L&S to the Symphony 18 Dec 21. It was the highest price cruise fare for all the 5 day option that was available. I assume it is almost full.  Am I missing something about that sailing if everything else is the same price as 2020. I am going to hear about this from the wife since I choose this L&S for the best deal. looking for your comments

37 minutes ago, strathcona said:

I just did a L&S to the Symphony 18 Dec 21. It was the highest price cruise fare for all the 5 day option that was available. I assume it is almost full.  Am I missing something about that sailing if everything else is the same price as 2020. I am going to hear about this from the wife since I choose this L&S for the best deal. looking for your comments

Great sailing.  Congrats.  Not even close to being full.  The inventory that you see on line is not all of the inventory.