Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What happens if your free cruise is cancelled Do you get FCC? Can you lift and shift a free cruise?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this come up with my free cruise for reaching Zenith.  Normally they want that used within 1 year of reaching Zenith, but I asked to move it it back, and it was no problem.  Celebrity is not currently trying to hold anyone to the one year time limit on this.  The move was not treated as a "lift and shift", but more as a simple cancel and re-book. 

 

I have a free cruise from the Casino, but I haven't tried to move that one (and hope I don't have to).  That would likely be a different story as the original offer limited to a few dozen specific cruises; and it so it's not likely it would be possible to move that one, even if it was outright cancelled.

 

I imagine it depends on exactly how the Free Cruise came to be.  Was it won in a contest from an outside source? if so it likely can be moved, since the outside source paid for it. 

 

Harris

Denver, CO

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grandgeezer said:

Logic tells me you get nothing. The fcc is 125%, you paid $0, hence 125% x $0 =0.

 

I will say logic gets another free cruise, math science $0

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, omeinv said:

I had this come up with my free cruise for reaching Zenith.  Normally they want that used within 1 year of reaching Zenith, but I asked to move it it back, and it was no problem.  Celebrity is not currently trying to hold anyone to the one year time limit on this.  The move was not treated as a "lift and shift", but more as a simple cancel and re-book. 

 

I have a free cruise from the Casino, but I haven't tried to move that one (and hope I don't have to).  That would likely be a different story as the original offer limited to a few dozen specific cruises; and it so it's not likely it would be possible to move that one, even if it was outright cancelled.

 

I imagine it depends on exactly how the Free Cruise came to be.  Was it won in a contest from an outside source? if so it likely can be moved, since the outside source paid for it. 

 

Harris

Denver, CO

 

 

I should have made myself more clear, since your question involved the free cruise being cancelled.  I chose to move mine, it ws not cancelled by Celebrity, so I don't know what effect that would have on options. 

 

Harris

Denver, CO

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I think you should get at least a 125% refund for everything you have paid.

Which, for a free cruise is exactly ZERO, right? I used my calculator. Had to change the batteries due to the complex formulae involved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 10:33 AM, tommy said:

What happens if your free cruise is cancelled Do you get FCC? Can you lift and shift a free cruise?

 

You get any 1 week  itinerary being offered in the Caribbean or Bermuda I believe.  if they cancel, I'm sure they are very accommodating to a change to a date suitable to you.  Call the Zenith line. or the gambling site if it came to you that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, K12Guy said:

Which, for a free cruise is exactly ZERO, right? I used my calculator. Had to change the batteries due to the complex formulae involved.

 

Yep, that’s correct to the penny 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 1:22 PM, grandgeezer said:

Logic tells me you get nothing. The fcc is 125%, you paid $0, hence 125% x $0 =0.

Wow,over 3500 postings and thats the best you could come up with,Called you can lift the cruise as long as its with-in a year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 10:39 AM, davekathy said:

I would call the cruise line for those details. 

Thanks we did call and if the cruise is cancelled they will give you a cruise of equal value.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tommy said:

Wow,over 3500 postings and thats the best you could come up with,Called you can lift the cruise as long as its with-in a year.

I took it that geezer meant that as a joke. The point, of course, is that the Lift and Shift is worth the value of the 'free' cruise and not 125% that can be applied to a more costly cruise, right?

 

Tommy

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

I took it that geezer meant that as a joke. The point, of course, is that the Lift and Shift is worth the value of the 'free' cruise and not 125% that can be applied to a more costly cruise, right?

 

Tommy

Well his answer was a joke.Yes they will match the value of the cruise.We paid a little extra and moved to a suite,It was a good deal.We were just concerned that they would not honor that suite at the price we got it for.We were told the deal holds at what we have.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...