Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Company Claims New Lightbulb Can Kill Coronavirus

In a recent development, one of the largest lighting companies in the world, Signify, says they have developed a new light bulb they believe can kill 96% of coronavirus in just three seconds.4 The organization partnered with Boston University to test the effectiveness of the lightbulb to inactivate the virus.

Eric Rondolat, CEO, spoke to CNBC, telling the reporter that after six seconds of exposure, the rate of pathogen death goes up to 99%.5 In a press release on Signify's website, Anthony Griffiths, Ph.D., from Boston University School of Medicine is cited:6

"Our test results show that above a specific dose of UV-C radiation, viruses were completely inactivated: in a matter of seconds we could no longer detect any virus. We're very excited about these findings and hope that this will accelerate the development of products that can help limit the spread of COVID-19."

Rondolat believes the light bulbs are a preventive measure that may be useful in all types of public places. The notice from Signify follows research from Columbia University, where researchers found low doses of far-UVC light "inactivated 99.9% of aerosolized alpha coronavirus 229E and beta coronavirus OC43."7

These scientists found that viral inactivation took approximately 25 minutes. They believe that by doubling the intensity, they may be able to cut the disinfection time in half and still maintain safety.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, STANCPA44 said:

Company Claims New Lightbulb Can Kill Coronavirus

In a recent development, one of the largest lighting companies in the world, Signify, says they have developed a new light bulb they believe can kill 96% of coronavirus in just three seconds.4 The organization partnered with Boston University to test the effectiveness of the lightbulb to inactivate the virus.

Eric Rondolat, CEO, spoke to CNBC, telling the reporter that after six seconds of exposure, the rate of pathogen death goes up to 99%.5 In a press release on Signify's website, Anthony Griffiths, Ph.D., from Boston University School of Medicine is cited:6

"Our test results show that above a specific dose of UV-C radiation, viruses were completely inactivated: in a matter of seconds we could no longer detect any virus. We're very excited about these findings and hope that this will accelerate the development of products that can help limit the spread of COVID-19."

Rondolat believes the light bulbs are a preventive measure that may be useful in all types of public places. The notice from Signify follows research from Columbia University, where researchers found low doses of far-UVC light "inactivated 99.9% of aerosolized alpha coronavirus 229E and beta coronavirus OC43."7

These scientists found that viral inactivation took approximately 25 minutes. They believe that by doubling the intensity, they may be able to cut the disinfection time in half and still maintain safety.

Yeah, I think I saw this ad on TV. I can't remember if it was Bulbhead or Ronco. What I remember is that they said, "But wait, if you order now you get a second bulb free. Just pay additional shipping and handling."

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Reid said:

Yeah, I think I saw this ad on TV. I can't remember if it was Bulbhead or Ronco. What I remember is that they said, "But wait, if you order now you get a second bulb free. Just pay additional shipping and handling."

hospitals have been using blue light for several years and achieve a 99% kill rate.  Biggest draw back is that blue light kills people also. 

image.png.6518bde3bbfb707bd7db672593576b71.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

hospitals have been using blue light for several years and achieve a 99% kill rate.  Biggest draw back is that blue light kills people also. 

image.png.6518bde3bbfb707bd7db672593576b71.png

Details, details!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We purchased a Reme Halo system that is integrated into our A/C which claims to eliminate 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses and cuts down on dust. My wife has asthma and has noticed a big difference in her breathing and peace of mind. Here is a link if anyone is curious:

 

https://www.rgf.com/products/air/reme-halo/#undefined

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

hospitals have been using blue light for several years and achieve a 99% kill rate.  Biggest draw back is that blue light kills people also. 

image.png.6518bde3bbfb707bd7db672593576b71.png

 

It not the blue light.


If the UV that the lamp emits.  You can't seen UV.

 

One thing if you use UV, the lamps will still emit blue colored light when it no longer is producing any UV light.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

hospitals have been using blue light for several years and achieve a 99% kill rate.  Biggest draw back is that blue light kills people also. 

image.png.6518bde3bbfb707bd7db672593576b71.png

These bulbs are set at low levels, does not have harmful effects on humans.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STANCPA44 said:

These bulbs are set at low levels, does not have harmful effects on humans.  

I'm not so sure.  The second paragraph says low level UVC sanitized in 25 minutes.  In order to achieve the 3 seconds mentioned in the first paragraph requires being "above a specific dose", and I don't see any mention of harm to humans in either case, yet every single instance of UVC sanitizing I've seen, the lights cannot be used with humans present, and robots designed to roam warehouses, etc, are set to shut off if motion (i.e. human presence) is detected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

I'm not so sure.  The second paragraph says low level UVC sanitized in 25 minutes.  In order to achieve the 3 seconds mentioned in the first paragraph requires being "above a specific dose", and I don't see any mention of harm to humans in either case, yet every single instance of UVC sanitizing I've seen, the lights cannot be used with humans present, and robots designed to roam warehouses, etc, are set to shut off if motion (i.e. human presence) is detected.

Dalek in forefront only kills humans, 2nd Dalek kills humans and all viruses.  Trump needs to hop a ride on the Tardis, go to planet Skaro, make a biggly deal with Dr, Davos and send a few to earth. 

image.png.2ce5b71eb5a622328ce69e1e0288ec3b.png

Edited by taglovestocruise
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

We purchased a Reme Halo system that is integrated into our A/C which claims to eliminate 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses and cuts down on dust. My wife has asthma and has noticed a big difference in her breathing and peace of mind. Here is a link if anyone is curious:

 

https://www.rgf.com/products/air/reme-halo/#undefined

Agree.  We one installed last year when we replaced our Florida A/C unit.  Definitely makes a noticeable  impact on breathing, as I have asthma.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 10:10 AM, John Reid said:

Yeah, I think I saw this ad on TV. I can't remember if it was Bulbhead or Ronco. What I remember is that they said, "But wait, if you order now you get a second bulb free. Just pay additional shipping and handling."

yeah, tried their pocket fisherman.  Didn't work worth a damn.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...