1 hour ago, cruisr said:

Sorry, I guess I thought I was answering OP about where the ship is now and hoping it will be in MIA to sail on Oct 1.  We don’t know where the ship will be on 10/1 and we don't know if it will sail.  Since Elbon responded about not knowing if we would cruise this year I thought it was ok to make my post.  Is there a moderator that can move it to a more appropriate place?  Can Host Dan do that?  I guess I can delete it or start a new thread.

No worries.

It seems most threads are getting off topic including the one I started about today's cooking demonstration where it got into comments about how to spell Endeavor or is it Endeavour.

Maybe we need to rid the world of the virus so we can just cruise.  I am ready.  I really am.

Keith

Well done and thanks much to those who posted the location of the beautiful Serenity. Like Sheila, I am booked for a round trip in October and it is good to keep sharing since we really do have to cross our fingers on this voyage! I have not been on Serenity since late 2015 just before a drydock. Looking forward (with fingers crossed). 

The other topics on this thread have also been good ones - I'm glad to see the issue of gloves cleared up (it does seem worth it to bring disposable gloves for any trips through TSA checkpoints as I have seen reports those bins, etc are some of the germiest spots in the whole air transport experience).

Gloves for women used to be a fashion item, do I have that right? And to close off another thread with a non sequitor reference to one of my favorite films, I am sure that Deborah Kerr was wearing gloves onboard (at least in evenings) in "An Affair to Remember" - am I right?

We could bring back those satin fashion gloves (laundered after each use) along with finger bowls at the dining table (??)

6 hours ago, mskatiemae said:

I have not been on Serenity since late 2015 just before a drydock. Looking forward (with fingers crossed). 

It is so beautiful and completely awe inspiring! You will be amazed 🙂

38 minutes ago, ctjon said:

I wear gloves when I’m at a place like grocery store.  Replace them often

medical people blood workers etc wear gloves

Jonathan....All that I know gloves are really not the way to go at the grocery store.  This is why you don't see the employees doing this.  Gloves get dirty/contaminated  immediately so you would want to clean them on the spot or at least not touch eyes etc.  IMHO based on all I've ready I would just have hand sanitizer with you if you are concerned (this is what I do) and clean hands when I get out to the car after putting the bags in the trunk.  And then wash often at home.  When I open freezer doors at the grocery store I open them with a hand wipe.  I've been doing this for a few years now.

Keith

Well, just wanted you to know that Captain Birger will be flying on Wednesday to Kuala Lumpur as part of joining Serenity in Port Klang.  Yes, he will be tested for the virus in case you were wondering.   😃

Keith

22 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Well, just wanted you to know that Captain Birger will be flying on Wednesday to Kuala Lumpur as part of joining Serenity in Port Klang.  Yes, he will be tested for the virus in case you were wondering.   😃

Keith

How do you receive information like this???  Is Crystal specifically sending you information for you to share?

6 minutes ago, Psoque said:

How do you receive information like this???  Is Crystal specifically sending you information for you to share?

captain Vorland posted the info on his Facebook page.

Nancy

3 minutes ago, Psoque said:

No Crystal did not send me this information to share. I just heard about it and thought it was positive news people might want to hear about.

Keith

19 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

It seems most threads are getting off topic including the one I started about today's cooking demonstration where it got into comments about how to spell Endeavor or is it Endeavour.

Well, since that was me, I'll just point out that at least my little joke did involve the name of a Crystal cruise ship, which makes it relatively on-topic on a board which wanders off to colonoscopies.

4 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

Well, since that was me, I'll just point out that at least my little joke did involve the name of a Crystal cruise ship, which makes it relatively on-topic on a board which wanders off to colonoscopies.

It's CC so I'm used to it and have done my share and I do laugh.  Sometimes when I start a thread I have some ideas on how it will get off topic and what the topic would be.  This one, I never would have guessed the ship would come up let alone some ranting about it. As they say, welcome to CC and never would have predicted on two other threads there would be discussion about the C word.   😀

Keith

59 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Kudos to CC for removing the off topic threads - hopefully we can now discuss Crystal Cruises topics 

If only there were more Crystal Cruises topics with current news to discuss!  😂

14 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

If only there were more Crystal Cruises topics with current news to discuss!  😂

Sadly it’s not like I can even respond with advice to go outside and smell the roses instead.....You’d have to don your PPE to do so 

We’re all sad and missing our cruising (and our refunds 😂) - and I’m less confident everyday about our January cruise on Serenity as I can’t see Australia being open to receive cruise ships by then - decision time in around 4 weeks for that one I guess 

23 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Jonathan....All that I know gloves are really not the way to go at the grocery store.  This is why you don't see the employees doing this.  Gloves get dirty/contaminated  immediately so you would want to clean them on the spot or at least not touch eyes etc.  IMHO based on all I've ready I would just have hand sanitizer with you if you are concerned (this is what I do) and clean hands when I get out to the car after putting the bags in the trunk.  And then wash often at home.  When I open freezer doors at the grocery store I open them with a hand wipe.  I've been doing this for a few years now.

Keith

I do carry sanitizer and use it regularly in the store etc.   I use it in the store and car etc.   Do the gloves get dirty - sure but rather than than my hands - each to his own (or it is time will tell).

Since the topic was Serenity Now, I think it appropriate to remember Jerry Stiller, of blessed memory, whom we lost recently. As Frank Castanza on Seinfeld, he  immortalized the term “Serenity Now”.