Cruise Critic Community
portcbob

Any aussies preparing for alaska cruises in 2021??

I was to have a month in Alaska August/September this year, including 2 Princess cruises, my bucket list trip for a big birthday. Princess cancelled the cruises a while back so of course the whole trip was canned 😏

Hoping to go in 2022, not sure if I'd chance it next year.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, phoenixx said:

I was to have a month in Alaska August/September this year, including 2 Princess cruises, my bucket list trip for a big birthday. Princess cancelled the cruises a while back so of course the whole trip was canned 😏

Hoping to go in 2022, not sure if I'd chance it next year.

Hope you get there, it is wonderful.

Edited by NSWP

We had a 7 night Alaska cruise and 10 night self drive Vancouver to Calgary all booked this May 😪 Just don't know if or when we can go. Perhaps 2022?

On 7/7/2020 at 10:35 AM, peter1956 said:

We had a 7 night Alaska cruise and 10 night self drive Vancouver to Calgary all booked this May 😪 Just don't know if or when we can go. Perhaps 2022?

Yes, we reckon 2021 looks a bit dodgy the way things are, especially with no travel insurance for any health issues associated with covid. It seems a big risk. Also we may not be able to fly to canada from here.

7 hours ago, portcbob said:

Yes, we reckon 2021 looks a bit dodgy the way things are, especially with no travel insurance for any health issues associated with covid. It seems a big risk. Also we may not be able to fly to canada from here.

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Lack of insurance is a huge travel stopper.

Yes, for the ones who are saying that they will be on the first cruise-ship to depart, no matter what, I suggest they are not thinking it right thru.

Lack of insurance cover, likelihood of a very different cruise experience & the repercussions of someone onboard testing positive leading to quarantine, likely for a longer period than the actual cruise, are important considerations for us.

We will want to see how cruising works out for a little while before embarking on our next one.