Voyage of the Vikings 2020 pictures.

Despegue

As unfortunately, there will be no Voyage of the Vikings this year, I am sharing some pictures with of amazing Greenland, taken during nighttime yesterday by me.

Greenland is mesmerising, incredibly vast, desolate, wild, snowy, mountainous and a must to see once in a Lifetime.

As I am now operating Polar routes, linking the US with China ( Yes, your and our meds and masks are coming from there, China is making a fortune right now), I have seen over the last few months the splendour but also various hazards and extra training required to safely navigate the Arctic. But with HAL, you can be in no better hands.

cheers from Garden City, Long Island NY.

04456D6F-176D-4849-8297-9E6246C345FF.jpeg

A650508E-82B2-47EE-8312-E3E62DD8E89E.jpeg

61EEBE05-6350-469F-A624-ECEF4D0B1BA9.jpeg

47095F3E-6BB2-4887-A235-93A4EF9A35FD.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, stobe1 said:

Lol. How do you know if there is an airline pilot at your party? Don't worry, he will make sure to tell you.

Not so.

Most pilots (even those who fly little planes, like me) do not like to reveal to strangers what we do because folks are always asking dumb questions.  Two of my buddies who are now retired...one from JAL and one from TWA....always used to use the following lines at parties when asked what they do.  The JAL captain, who flew 747s, always replied "I drive an 18-wheeler" (747s really do have 18 wheels).  The one from TWA, who flew L-1011s, always answered "I'm a heavy-equipment operator" (all widebodies are referred to as "heavies" by air-traffic control).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

Not so.

Most pilots (even those who fly little planes, like me) do not like to reveal to strangers what we do because folks are always asking dumb questions.  Two of my buddies who are now retired...one from JAL and one from TWA....always used to use the following lines at parties when asked what they do.  The JAL captain, who flew 747s, always replied "I drive an 18-wheeler" (747s really do have 18 wheels).  The one from TWA, who flew L-1011s, always answered "I'm a heavy-equipment operator" (all widebodies are referred to as "heavies" by air-traffic control).

It's a joke. Relax.

I will refrain from saying what I do for a living lest I fall victim to my own joke.

14 hours ago, stobe1 said:

It's a joke. Relax.

I will refrain from saying what I do for a living lest I fall victim to my own joke.

Haha, thought so already 😉

Yeah, I use the “I drive an 18 wheeler” also sometimes. 

We were booked on this year’s VOV Cruise. On my bucket list for 11 yr......so maybe in 2 yr. was so disappointed to cancel, but I could see the handwriting on the wall. Cancelled before final payment was due.

Loved your photos from above.

OP: thank you very much for the stunning photos.   We were fortunate to have been able to visit Greenland, as well as sail through most of Prinz Christian Sund, with HAL on the Viking Passage in 2018.   I hope those who have been unable to do the VOV or the VP this year will be able to do so in the future.