Inspiration lovers...

Essiesmom

6 hours ago, Moviela said:

Both Inspiration and Imagination have scheduled 3 and 4 day cruises out of Long Beach starting in early October. Inspiration maybe taking crew home to South America, and perhaps picking up crew to man the ships on the West Coast in October. 

Inspiration and Miracle are hangin' on the Pacific side of the CZ. Panorama in practicing seamanship skills in the South China Sea West of Manila Bay enjoying some of the most beautiful sunsets.

I hope they are back in time to resume voyages in October.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I doubt the Inspiration is coming back as both the Fantasy and Inspiration are being purged of heavy equipment in order to sail to a salvage business in Turkey. Probably best to move your expectations toward the Imagination, Miracle, and Panorama out of southern CA.

D5704F49-956A-43CA-B349-5723F0ADB873.jpe

Edited by embarkation75
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I doubt the Inspiration is coming back as both the Fantasy and Inspiration are being purged of heavy equipment in order to sail to a salvage business in Turkey. Probably best to move your expectations toward the Imagination, Miracle, and Panorama out of southern CA.

D5704F49-956A-43CA-B349-5723F0ADB873.jpe

Do you really think they are going to leave that market?

23 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Do you really think they are going to leave that market?

Not sure what you mean as they're not leaving that market as the Imagination and Panorama remain in Long Beach at this point while the Miracle is a short ride down the coast at San Diego.

• Like 1

Rumor is and it is only rumor is the Inspiration was sold and they are scrapping the Fantasy.  Carnival Corp. announced Friday they were upping the number of ships from 6 to 13 that they would be removing from the Corporation. You would have to be crazy to think CCL would not have any ships on that list since they have the biggest fleet. I hope it isn't true that the Inspiration has been sold. It holds so much sentimental value to me. I met my wife four years ago on the Inspiration. We took our first cruise as a couple on the Inspiration and we were on one of the last cruises in March on the Inspiration after our wedding. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Not sure what you mean as they're not leaving that market as the Imagination and Panorama remain in Long Beach at this point while the Miracle is a short ride down the coast at San Diego.

My bad, I misread your post.

Inspiration and Imagination are both scheduled to run the 3 & 4 day runs to Catalina (4 day) and Ensenada (all) through next year. They always run full. 

The ship might be in the container port for anything from a mini makeover of the soft goods, to replacement of kitchen or laundry equipment to deal with new hygiene realities.

If Inspiration is headed to a new owner, Carnival will surly bring another small ship to handle the business. If not, there are tens of thousands of bookings that will will need adjustment. 

12 minutes ago, Moviela said:

Inspiration and Imagination are both scheduled to run the 3 & 4 day runs to Catalina (4 day) and Ensenada (all) through next year. They always run full. 

The ship might be in the container port for anything from a mini makeover of the soft goods, to replacement of kitchen or laundry equipment to deal with new hygiene realities.

If Inspiration is headed to a new owner, Carnival will surly bring another small ship to handle the business. If not, there are tens of thousands of bookings that will will need adjustment. 

I wish I could tell you the Inspiration was coming back but it looks HIGHLY UNLIKELY that the ship will be part of the fleet. I can also guarantee the Inspiration is not getting any makeover aside from gutting for salvage as Carnival is not in position to be doing anything upgrade wise to a ship right now. I also highly doubt in the near term Carnival brings in another ship as they already have the Imagination/Panorama in Long Beach and the Miracle is now a short ride down the coast in San Diego or up the coast in San Fran. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but having the sister ships operate in identical itineraries is likely over for Long Beach.

Edited by embarkation75
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Moviela said:

So you suspect the Curacao Ports Authority post that Inspiration is there "to unload heavy equipment" is erroneous?

Assuming the rumors of Fantasy being scrapped in Turkey are accurate, and Inspiration currently being in the same port doing the same thing, I'd say the only hope is that some of that heavy equipment is being transferred to Inspiration rather than unloading equipment as stated.

Well, I guess that could include unloading also. Say some piece of heavy equipment still works fine on the Fantasy but is worn out on the Inspiration. It's conceivable that could be unloading those identical pieces of equipment from each ship, and then the Fantasy's whatzit will now be reloaded and installed on the Inspiration. (Note that such superficially reasonable speculation on my part might be ridiculous to anyone who knows anything about ships, since I don't)

1 hour ago, Moviela said:

It is possible that Carnival could bring in a Conquest class ship to take over the 3/4 day runs and cut the ships down to 1 for that route. The remain Fantasy class ships will likely be assigned to ports with ship size limitations like Tampa, Jacksonville and  Mobile routes with the exception of Miami and Port Canaveral. Carnival will most likely be down to 5 Fantasy class ships from 8 currently.

Edited by ch09

2 hours ago, Moviela said:

If they bring in a different ship tens of thousands of bookings will still need adjustment. Lack of supply will allow Carnival to keep prices steady.

Apparently the "temporary" leased emergency generators were removed from Fantasy and Inspiration. That's not something they would move to a different ship.

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

If they bring in a different ship tens of thousands of bookings will still need adjustment. Lack of supply will allow Carnival to keep prices steady.

Apparently the "temporary" leased emergency generators were removed from Fantasy and Inspiration. That's not something they would move to a different ship.

Obviously Fantasy and Inspiration are entering the end stage as Carnival ships. Whether they are headed for salvage or to another small cruise line isn't the key takeaway but rather both are likely gone from Carnival. I have no idea how Carnival will reshuffle vessels after this is over but everybody should be prepared for major ship and itinerary changes at most ports.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ch09 said:

It is possible that Carnival could bring in a Conquest class ship to take over the 3/4 day runs and cut the ships down to 1 for that route. The remain Fantasy class ships will likely be assigned to ports with ship size limitations like Tampa, Jacksonville and  Mobile routes with the exception of Miami and Port Canaveral. Carnival will most likely be down to 5 Fantasy class ships from 8 currently.

Mobile doesn't really have a size limitation - the Conquest and Triumph have docked there -  but the terminal would make it difficult to accommodate a larger ship for regular operations.

13 minutes ago, tidecat said:

Mobile doesn't really have a size limitation - the Conquest and Triumph have docked there -  but the terminal would make it difficult to accommodate a larger ship for regular operations.

Those ships were there due to unusual situations. The terminal is why I put Mobile in the same category as Tampa and Jacksonville as that terminal was built to originally accommodate the Holiday when it was still with Carnival. The Fort Lauderdale sailings on the Sunrise can be cancelled and that would free up a different ship to go to California.

Edited by ch09

13 minutes ago, CCLcruiser91 said:

Even Wikipedia reports the Carnival Inspiration has been "sold to be scrapped in Aliaga"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_Inspiration

I have cruised on this ship 25 times and last sailed on 2/28/20 to celebrate my daughters 16th birthday.

We will miss the Inspiration... 

Anyone can change wiki. I just changed “it was announced” to “it was speculated.”

It's making sense now!  Most everybody knows that they'd be canceling more cruises in Oct and beyond.   So, when they announce more cancellations they will include sales of Fantasy and Inspiration and a lot of ship dancing..   I'm seeing they could  move The Miracle or a Conquest Class ship into Long Beach to do 3/4 day cruises.  Expect more cancellations by the 24th. 

8 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

It's making sense now!  Most everybody knows that they'd be canceling more cruises in Oct and beyond.   So, when they announce more cancellations they will include sales of Fantasy and Inspiration and a lot of ship dancing..   I'm seeing they could  move The Miracle or a Conquest Class ship into Long Beach to do 3/4 day cruises.  Expect more cancellations by the 24th. 

Doubt they'd opt to move the Miracle from San Diego and San Fran unless they're just giving up on the lucrative Alaska cruise season and longer Hawaii and Mexican Riviera profits but who knows at this stage. On the other hand, moving Imagination to a place like Mobile and the shifting another Spirit or Conquest class ship out of Florida to Long Beach is possible.

29 minutes ago, CCLcruiser91 said:

Cruise Radio just reported that the Inspiration was sold:

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-inspiration-reportedly-sold-heads-to-cruise-scrapyard/

We have a 4 day on the Imagination booked for this November.  When I went onto the website it showed the Inspiration as still having availability.  Guess they will take the deposit $, then move them over onto our sailing?  Seems like they should have taken off the Inspiration bookings completely, and just let the cruisers interested book onto the Imagination direct (which will probably be rescheduled also!)