Cancelled cruise Refund

Minnie29

Our Celebrity cruise was cancelled in March due to COVID19 and I emailed our TA the same day we received the email from Celebrity to say we wanted a refund. 
my husband has cancer and we did not know whether he would be well enough to travel next year so didn’t want FCC.

this cancellation request was made to my TA on March 25th and to date I still haven’t the refund!!

I have made numerous telephone calls to my TA and emails, I have emailed the CEO and also been dealing with his secretary but still no refund. 
The TA is blaming Celebrity but admitted that Celebrity thought I wanted FFC die to a mix up between them. 
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how you are dealing with it?

i am considering contacting Martin Lewis to see if he can help?

4 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Our Celebrity cruise was cancelled in March due to COVID19 and I emailed our TA the same day we received the email from Celebrity to say we wanted a refund. 
my husband has cancer and we did not know whether he would be well enough to travel next year so didn’t want FCC.

this cancellation request was made to my TA on March 25th and to date I still haven’t the refund!!

I have made numerous telephone calls to my TA and emails, I have emailed the CEO and also been dealing with his secretary but still no refund. 
The TA is blaming Celebrity but admitted that Celebrity thought I wanted FFC die to a mix up between them. 
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how you are dealing with it?

i am considering contacting Martin Lewis to see if he can help?

Always worth a try, though he’ll only take on the odd case for obvious reasons.

Did you contact Richard Fain (rfain@rccl.com)?  I’m surprised his secretary hasn’t sorted it. Email him again, perhaps, though it’s almost certain they’re being filtered?

If all else fails, and you think it’s worth the time, you could start an online claim through the small claims procedure, but it really shouldn’t come to that.

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

Thank you for that advice. 
I will email him and see if I get a reply. 
it’s been really frustrating and I really don’t think Iglu are being honest with me. 
I certainly would NEVER book with them again 

9 hours ago, beardedladies said:

Did you pay with a credit card? If so I would talk to your credit card company as you could initiate a charge back through them.

Or indeed a debit card for chargeback. S75 as another alternative for credit cards. Warn the company first that you’ll do this if they won’t pay up.

• 2 months later...

I had an NCL Panama cruise for this October booked with Iglu and paid a deposit.  The cruise was cancelled by NCL around April this year, initially Iglu denied the cruise had been cancelled and in June tried to claim the balance of the cruise. After much heated emails they finally conceded the cruise was cancelled, but they have still not refunded my deposit. I will never book with Iglu again as a result of this appalling service.