Jump to content

Extend FCC expiration date past 12/31/21


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

you must book by 12/31/21 and sail by 4/22

I think that is for Royal's cancelled cruises.  If you cancel a cruise under CWC 12/31/21 is the sail by date.

 

OP did you cancel or did Royal?

Edited by molly361
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Bobb1728 said:

We canceled on March 8th for a cruise on March 29th

That would have a sail bu date of Dec 31.

 

you could book a cruise for December 2021 then cancel.

 

i know if you made final payment then you would get a FCC valid for 12 months.  I would assume but am not certain that if you cancelled before final payment then it would be reissued with 12 months to use it but there’s is also the possibility that they just reissue it with the original terms 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bobb1728 said:

Our FCC expiration date is 12/31/21. Is there a way to extend this to take a cruise in 2022?

 

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That would have a sail bu date of Dec 31.

 

you could book a cruise for December 2021 then cancel.

 

i know if you made final payment then you would get a FCC valid for 12 months.  I would assume but am not certain that if you cancelled before final payment then it would be reissued with 12 months to use it but there’s is also the possibility that they just reissue it with the original terms 

Found out the answer.  Cancelling either before or after final payment is covered under cruise with confidence and it looks like they would be treated the same.

 

you could book a December 2021 cruise and make final payment cancel @ few dats before sailing and get a FCC valid until Dec 2022.

 

book that same cruise and cancel before final payment and get a FCC valid through September 2022

9A37A2C8-317E-4282-AF57-56AE19F39F8E.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

My big problem is i can't get royal to apply fcc to march 2021 cruise. 

TA says be patient. I am gonna dump it all for refunds if royal can't apply by final payment date. 

I'm not a TA and it only took me a few minutes on the phone with RCI to apply our FCC's. We are an extended family group of ten with 3 cabins and all had 125% from our cancelled May 2020 cruise and was applying them to our rebooked May 2021.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have 3 cruises booked.One for Nov 2020,which is the Allure TA which Royal will probably cancel and also 1 for Jan 2021 on Symphony. I wa splanning on canceling the Jan one and putting all the FCC from the Nov and Jan cruise on a cruise I have booked in Nov 2021. Thing is I will have some FCC left.Do I need to book another cruise and sail by Dec 31/2021 to use the rest of the FCC I have left over? Or book one for Dec 2021 then cancel and use is by Dec 2022?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2020 at 7:46 AM, suesnake2002 said:

My big problem is i can't get royal to apply fcc to march 2021 cruise. 

TA says be patient. I am gonna dump it all for refunds if royal can't apply by final payment date. 

Final payment isn’t for 5 months. Listen to your TA...be patient. It’s better not to apply it until just before final payment anyway...makes it easier to get price drops. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Final payment isn’t for 5 months. Listen to your TA...be patient. It’s better not to apply it until just before final payment anyway...makes it easier to get price drops. 

No reason for me to wait...I love seeing that 0 balance due....and have no problem doing price drops. JMHO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...