Jump to content

Recommended Posts

People may have better ideas, but you may have to work with Princess or your TA.  Another thought, if possible, find another sailing on the Grand?

 

I'm sorry you have to deal with this (I had heard Carnival did something similar, if I understood properly, some folks were booted off a ship to make room from others who were being "converted" to that sailing).

 

I'll keep my fingers crossed you find a solution that works for you.

 

Counting down the days!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am voicing my objection to any thread that mentions the replacement of the Grand itineraries with the Regal.  Princess may think this is a good move, but I am in the minority that will not sail on these "MEGA" ships.  

 

I, too, am wondering how they are going to move passengers equitably from one ship to the next.  I guess I will give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for a room assignment.  Most likely, I will have to cancel this cruise.

 

I am not in favor of this change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, darknightsdespiser said:

I walk round and Mum sits on the Prom Deck, it is what we enjoy; my annual leave is too precious to spend indoors. If we cancel we lose the £100 deposit and the £626 deposit from this year which was going to FCC; absolutely livid

If you end up going on the Regal, you might like it better than you think. My favorite part of cruising is walking laps outside on the promenade. We did a cruise on the Royal last year, and I liked it just fine. It's true that there's no walkable promenade, but the jogging track up on the Sports deck was very nice. I was a happy camper and would cruise on a Royal class ship again like a shot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

If you end up going on the Regal, you might like it better than you think. My favorite part of cruising is walking laps outside on the promenade. We did a cruise on the Royal last year, and I liked it just fine. It's true that there's no walkable promenade, but the jogging track up on the Sports deck was very nice. I was a happy camper and would cruise on a Royal class ship again like a shot.

Have been on it before, not far enough of a walk and nowhere that Mum can sit as she can't get in and out of loungers; I am annoyed with myself for vocally supporting Princess through all this; just checked P and O but nothing as appealing as this itinerary was

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, darknightsdespiser said:

Have been on it before, not far enough of a walk and nowhere that Mum can sit as she can't get in and out of loungers; I am annoyed with myself for vocally supporting Princess through all this; just checked P and O but nothing as appealing as this itinerary was

Cancel and get a full refund, simple. Who knows with Covid sailing may not even happen. 

Edited by antsp
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am voicing my objection to any thread that mentions the replacement of the Grand itineraries with the Regal.  Princess may think this is a good move, but I am in the minority that will not sail on these "MEGA" ships.  

 

I, too, am wondering how they are going to move passengers equitably from one ship to the next.  I guess I will give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for a room assignment.  Most likely, I will have to cancel this cruise.

 

I am not in favor of this change.

Agree.  We'll wait and see, but it's a likely cancel.  Ship's too damn big.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darknightsdespiser said:

Just had an email saying our cruise on Grand next year has changed to Regal - horrible ship with no prom deck; and how do we keep the cabin we chose? Absolutely furious.

Sorry for your switch. We are one's that actually book our cruises based on the ship itself, more than the actual ports. BUT, with that being said, we loved the Regal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having been on both ships numerous times, we feel the Regal is hands down the better option.  No promenade deck to speak of, but it makes up for that with so many other options.  It is larger, but it does not feel like it.  Give it a chance, you just might like it.  And as some others have mentioned, it looks like the Grand Class of ships will soon be no more...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, freckles2 said:

Mine has changed as well, the only things is we'd booked Oceanview on the Grand but there is no Oceanview on the Regal, I've no idea what they are going to move me to.

 

 

Most likely obstructed balcony as that is the nearest replacement to and oceanview on the Regal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we are very upset as well. You get the Regal and we had our Regal

Transpacific cancelled! It was to be our way home from Washington State

after a New Zealand cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, freckles2 said:

Mine has changed as well, the only things is we'd booked Oceanview on the Grand but there is no Oceanview on the Regal, I've no idea what they are going to move me to.

 

The obstructed balconies on Royal Class ships are an amazing deal.  Hopefully they move you there, or you take the initiative and select a cabin you want yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nini said:

Well, we are very upset as well. You get the Regal and we had our Regal

Transpacific cancelled! It was to be our way home from Washington State

after a New Zealand cruise.

I feel your pain!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...