Looks like no Magnifica stretch confirmed

JP82

Anyone booked onto the Magnifica UK sailings post Stretch for next Summer were all given GTY bookings. 

Cabin numbers have now started coming through, that all seem to match existing layout, and all mention of the stretch is removed from the website.

Pete

Have you heard anything about the start up date or do We all have to wait until the 15 th of july where there Will Be an announcement.

Today Aida and Tui Cruises They have made the announcement when They start again

Nothing else other than what’s been deduced, but that seems to be standard with MSC. People figuring stuff out through little actions and changes here and there before any type of announcement comes along.

Seems likely that the stretch won't happen on Magnifica.  Like others, I'd booked GTY cabins, presumably due to the stretch and reassignment of cabin numbers once completed.  I initially booked inside GTY and later changed my mind and booked balcony GTY, but kept the inside GTY open for the hell of it.

Today, I got an e-mail with 2 cabin assignments.  The inside GTY got an inside assignment on the 11th deck.  The bella balcony GTY got an aft cabin on the 11th deck as well.  The balcony assignment looks pretty good to me, so I'll cancel the inside booking.

I do remain a bit concerned at the age and condition of Magnifica.  I'm used to MSC's newer ships, having sailed on Divina, Seaside and Bellissima.  One thing that appealed to me about the Magnifica sailing beyond a good price, was the fact that the ship was undergoing a stretch and refurbishment.  Now, we all but know the stretch won't happen, and given that and the state of things, I suspect the refurbishment won't occur either.

Has anyone sailed on Magnifica?  Would my concerns be reasonable ones?

• 1 month later...

maybe a little late to comment on this post but.......

our jan 2021 world cruise had a ship change  3 monthsxago from presioza to magnifica. The stretch was due to be completed ready for summer 2021 sailings. So i assume from that and from info gleaned from MSC that the stretch & refurb hasnt occurred.

on the world cruise side, we sincerely hope that MSC follows the other cruise companies  and cancels this cruise. Irresponsible in our opinion. 

On 7/9/2020 at 6:25 PM, Stockjock said:

Seems likely that the stretch won't happen on Magnifica.  Like others, I'd booked GTY cabins, presumably due to the stretch and reassignment of cabin numbers once completed.  I initially booked inside GTY and later changed my mind and booked balcony GTY, but kept the inside GTY open for the hell of it.

Today, I got an e-mail with 2 cabin assignments.  The inside GTY got an inside assignment on the 11th deck.  The bella balcony GTY got an aft cabin on the 11th deck as well.  The balcony assignment looks pretty good to me, so I'll cancel the inside booking.

I do remain a bit concerned at the age and condition of Magnifica.  I'm used to MSC's newer ships, having sailed on Divina, Seaside and Bellissima.  One thing that appealed to me about the Magnifica sailing beyond a good price, was the fact that the ship was undergoing a stretch and refurbishment.  Now, we all but know the stretch won't happen, and given that and the state of things, I suspect the refurbishment won't occur either.

I have sailed a couple of times on the Magnifica. It is a lovely ship. I am glad they are not stretching it.

Ivi

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 4:18 PM, travelberlin said:

I have sailed a couple of times on the Magnifica. It is a lovely ship. I am glad they are not stretching it.

Ivi

I've been on the Magnifica once, and although I really liked her, she does lack some amenaties that I later really enjoyed on Seaview. Examples being the waterpark, the waterslides and the al fresco dining at the buffet. I hoped the stretching would bring those on board of Magnifica. But maybe they can bring them on board without stretching, or maybe they just postponed the stretching to a later time. I also wonder if the sisters will be stretched as well, Magnifica already being the most comprehensive of the quartet.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 6:25 PM, Stockjock said:

I have sailed on her twice. Once in 2017 and once in october 2019. The ship is in perfect condition. The layout is good, but not as good as the newer ships. But everything is just fine. 

I had this cruise booked for late next year, as others it was as a gty to be assigned post stretch.  Having other cruises of mine impacted by COVID we decided to cancel this far future one as we figured it was unlikely to get the stretch so it didn't hold as much interest.

Cancelled in April and have yet to see the deposit appear back on my credit card.