Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So i just booked the Mardi Gras for June 2021 and have a few questions, some might have answers and some I'm expecting the best guess of the collective board knowledge.

 

1 - Is there an early and late seating for dinner?  Early was not even listed as wait-list.  With YTD can you put in a "standing" reservation for 7 people at a particular time?

 

2 - Do you think they will offer FTTF in June?  and if they do when would expect it to show up live on the site?

 

3 - The Loft 19 cabanas look awesome, how and when can you try to book one for the week?

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 - There should be early, late, and YTD. I'm not sure why early wasn't coming up for you. I made a reservation a few weeks ago for a May sailing and all options were available. I don't believe you can make a "standing reservation" with YTD. The intent of YTD is to just show up when you want.

 

2 - Most new ships do not offer FTTF the first several months of sailing. I doubt it will be available yet in June...but I could be wrong.

 

3 - No idea on this one!

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to reserve a time for YTD daily.  Or at least that is how it was on the Horizon .  You might be able to book that forward when you get on board.  But the purpose of YTD is flexibility.

 

I think the Loft 19 Cabanas are reserved for the Excel Suites, or at least those cabins have first privilege. so probably a daily signup or wait list once on board.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 - I am booked in an Excel suite and got the following response when I asked about how and when to book the Loft 19 cabanas, "We cannot provide a specific date, at this time, when the cabanas in Loft 19 will be available for pre-bookings. We are currently working on this feature and it should be out later this year. You are more then welcome to reach out to use again in a few months and we may have a more specific time frame". This was in early April when I was still hopeful about going on a cruise at some point, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The cruise lines have to hold back a certain amount of Early/Late seating times based upon the historical average of how many people with guaranteed dining choices might be sailing. Could be Diamond, could be Suite passengers. Varies among the different cruise lines but they all have to do it. Once the remaining seat slots are filled by the rabble hoard and the wait list is full, that dining option will be closed. Say a cruise line determines that 26 Diamonds with guaranteed dining choice could be sailing on a particular cruise. Those 26 slots are set aside in the hold back until close to sailing. Those 26 slots would also generally correspond to the size of the waitlist for a dining time (early/late) for a particular sailing. Hence how even a waitlist can be closed. As the sailing date draws closer, the ship can release some of those those hold back slots to waitlisted individuals. Journey cruises are likely to have the greatest number of hold back dining slots as those cruises are the most likely to have the largest number of guaranteed dining choice individuals (Diamonds, etc.) and the largest waitlists.

 

At least that's my guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You cannot do a standing reservation for YTD.  You will need to do it each day by just going to the dining room when you are ready (though you may have a wait) or using the HUB App to request a table (usually starts about 10 minutes or so before the dining room opens), which is so much easier than going and waiting in line. If you are trying to do it for multiple cabins make sure the cabins are linked together for dining purposes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2020 at 2:01 PM, pwmcivil said:

So i just booked the Mardi Gras for June 2021 and have a few questions, some might have answers and some I'm expecting the best guess of the collective board knowledge.

 

1 - Is there an early and late seating for dinner?  Early was not even listed as wait-list.  With YTD can you put in a "standing" reservation for 7 people at a particular time?

 

2 - Do you think they will offer FTTF in June?  and if they do when would expect it to show up live on the site?

 

3 - The Loft 19 cabanas look awesome, how and when can you try to book one for the week?

 

Thanks

Regarding Question #2. Typically, for most cruises, FTTF becomes available about 9 months ahead of the cruise date. Assuming that this holds true for the Mardi Gras, you may not see it available until some time in late Sept. or early Oct. 2020. However, since the inaugural cruise has been pushed back to Feb. 6, 2021, it's hard to guess exactly when FTTF will be posted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

ok. I need my CC sleuths out there. I just booked an ocean view family harbor room on MG. My travel agent says it has the one full and one half bath (shower/sink only). my category is FE , not FS.  She told me it does have the two bathrooms. I can't find any information on the carnival site about the ocean view harbor room and bathroom configuration. can anyone help? TA says it sleeps five , two tvs. that is a suite- FS. or am I wrong? the price was really good for the room winter break 2021. 

 

help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, stellarose said:

ok. I need my CC sleuths out there. I just booked an ocean view family harbor room on MG. My travel agent says it has the one full and one half bath (shower/sink only). my category is FE , not FS.  She told me it does have the two bathrooms. I can't find any information on the carnival site about the ocean view harbor room and bathroom configuration. can anyone help? TA says it sleeps five , two tvs. that is a suite- FS. or am I wrong? the price was really good for the room winter break 2021. 

 

help. 

The deck plans online do not show a FS as having another half bath.  Do you have the actual cabin number?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

The deck plans online do not show a FS as having another half bath.  Do you have the actual cabin number?

 

 

yes 4430. she quoted me as the room with sleeping five and full bathroom and separate washroom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

The deck plans online do not show a FS as having another half bath.  Do you have the actual cabin number?

is this what I want? FP?

 
Family Harbor Ocean View Suites (category FP) have a Junior-size tub with shower (46” x 28”) as well as a separate shower in the full bathroom.
  • 4330, 4332, 4370, 4376, 4388, 4394
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the cabins with the 1.5 bath

Family Harbor Ocean View Suites (category FP) have a Junior-size tub with shower (46” x 28”) as well as a separate shower in the full bathroom.
  • 4330, 4332, 4370, 4376, 4388, 4394

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, stellarose said:

So the TA was wrong. now to see if the MG has those rooms available.  I had a hunch it was not a 1. 5 bathroom room but she insisted. since its over 500 days away- fingers crossed.

There are def not a lot of these rooms for a ship the size of MG.  There is not a ton of room info out (I did get the info I supplied from the TA site).  Based on what I see, I would strongly suggest you ask the TA to find one ASAP and settle for that sailing if it is that important to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to fully answer your question, the room you currently have is NOT a cabin that has a tub.  Here are the specs:

 

4440        Family Harbor Ocean View (FE)         243 square feet                                     
Beds: two twin beds (convert to king)-single sofa bed
View: window
Bathroom: shower, toilet, sink
Features: flat-screen TV, telephone, 110 AC current, USB outlets, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, non-stocked mini bar unit, 2-closets, desk and ottoman seat, sofa

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks Jimbo5544. I have my heart set on the MG, the week and love the ports. (really want to see MG). I just have to keep my fingers crossed for the bathroom extra. if not , I will have to sell my teens (17 and 19 year olds) that you can use the shower in the gym...... ugh. 

 

I knew that my peeps on CC would steer me right. I just reached out to the TA. I will pay the extra if its available. they only have like 5 of them. so it does not look good but at least we have an ocean view?????

Link to post
Share on other sites

TA is out of the office for a few days. ugh.  I did some online shopping via carnival.com. there are no deluxe ocean view even offered. so I can just deal with the harbor stateroom or see if I can squeeze out a Harbor suite.  I have over 500 days to save up.. lol

 

so question now: FTTF??? goes on sale when???

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, stellarose said:

TA is out of the office for a few days. ugh.  I did some online shopping via carnival.com. there are no deluxe ocean view even offered. so I can just deal with the harbor stateroom or see if I can squeeze out a Harbor suite.  I have over 500 days to save up.. lol

 

so question now: FTTF??? goes on sale when???

FTTF availability is based on sales and how many plays and diamonds are sailing.  The MG is so much bigger, they is no way to predict.   Frequently when Carnival introduces new ships, they suspend FTTF.  We will see.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

FTTF availability is based on sales and how many plays and diamonds are sailing.  The MG is so much bigger, they is no way to predict.   Frequently when Carnival introduces new ships, they suspend FTTF.  We will see.  

thanks as always

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a conjecture question for the experts. I know nothing is posted yet and no one knows yet. If I book a excel suite for Dh and I and book a cabana in loft 19 can our non excel staying friends come enjoy our cabana in loft 19 with us?  Think there will be arm bands like Havana? 

 

Are you guys worried about Loft 19 being super windy? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jenjer said:

Here is a conjecture question for the experts. I know nothing is posted yet and no one knows yet. If I book a excel suite for Dh and I and book a cabana in loft 19 can our non excel staying friends come enjoy our cabana in loft 19 with us?  Think there will be arm bands like Havana? 

 

Are you guys worried about Loft 19 being super windy? 

Well, conjecture, but my understanding is that Loft 19 cabanas are first come, first serve daily basis with priority to Excel Suites.

Off the top on my head I have no idea how many excel suites there are ,nor how many loft 19 cabanas are planned. 

But I am assuming the ship will have a Ressie system like YTD where you book on line from cabin the day before.

Whether or not your friends may join you will depend on the rules set forth and how many people are allowed per cabana.  Thus, if a cabana only accommodates 2 people, your friends would be SOL unless they were able to book a cabana them selves.

 

There are threads on this board that discuss the cabin arrangements and they may have cabana information.

 

Quick search shows 32 Excel Suites and only 12 Loft 19 cabanas.  But not from an official Carnival site.   $50 per day port days, $150 per day sea days for non Excel suite passengers.

Edited by crewsweeper
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I ask what are your feelings about how windy Loft 19 will be.  I am sure there will be a clear wind screen but unless there is a lot of protection I worry it will be crazy windy unless you are on the sides.   What do you think?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jenjer said:

Can I ask what are your feelings about how windy Loft 19 will be.  I am sure there will be a clear wind screen but unless there is a lot of protection I worry it will be crazy windy unless you are on the sides.   What do you think?

I seem to recall the Serenity areas at the top decks of the ships I've been on were not too bad - e.g. on Breeze.  It really depends on the weather - if it is windy and the ship is going into the breeze, it will be noticeable, but otherwise maybe not - a chasing wind at the same speed as the ship makes for very still air....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Azamara - We are back with New Greece Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...