Brisbane Port vs Airport

Hello All.

I am trying to plan our first Australian cruise and having a hard time figuring out the distance between the airport and the cruise port.  Reason this is important is our departure flight will be at 1120 and want to ensure we will be able to make it.......

3 hours ago, 4jaynki said:

Hello All.

I am trying to plan our first Australian cruise and having a hard time figuring out the distance between the airport and the cruise port.  Reason this is important is our departure flight will be at 1120 and want to ensure we will be able to make it.......

There won't be any cruises this year, so the terminal used by almost all cruises next year (if there are any) will be the new one at Luggage Point.

That sits almost next to Brisbane airport, but unfortunately on the opposite side to the airport terminals so you basically have to drive completely around the airport to travel between them.

Distance around 15km or almost 10 miles. Travel time 20-30 minutes depending on the time of day.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

There won't be any cruises this year, so the terminal used by almost all cruises next year (if there are any) will be the new one at Luggage Point.

That sits almost next to Brisbane airport, but unfortunately on the opposite side to the airport terminals so you basically have to drive completely around the airport to travel between them.

Distance around 15km or almost 10 miles. Travel time 20-30 minutes depending on the time of day.

Great planning that from someone that was !!

Cheers Carole

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

We are looking at Carnival Spirit in late February next year.  I'm hopeful. 

Based on prior Caribbean cruises we are able to get off at 7-730am, is this the same in Australia?  

9 minutes ago, 4jaynki said:

Based on prior Caribbean cruises we are able to get off at 7-730am, is this the same in Australia?  

IF the cruise goes ahead and IF COVID-19 is still an issue in February 21, there might be enhanced medical screening upon disembarkation. Good luck. Are you able to get travel insurance in USA to cover travel to Australia for February next year?

4 hours ago, 4jaynki said:

Anything can happen, but I'd be amazed if it did.

I would suggest not making any financial commitments for the trip that you can't back out of.

I've never had any trouble disembarking at 7:30am at Portside (which is the current cruise terminal), but I carry my own baggage.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

9 hours ago, 4jaynki said:

Hello All.

Domestic or international flight?

5 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Cheers Carole

Not sure there was much that could be done about that.

And when the terminals were built long ago, no cruise port was envisaged, as requirements and market weren't there.

• Thanks 1

Could be a little ambitious at this stage.  I've recently cancelled a cruise in December to Asia and am wondering if a booked Cambodia / Vietnam  / Mekong River Cruise in October 2021 is gonna go ahead.  Hurry up with that vaccine, I say!

54 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

Could be a little ambitious at this stage.  I've recently cancelled a cruise in December to Asia and am wondering if a booked Cambodia / Vietnam  / Mekong River Cruise in October 2021 is gonna go ahead.  Hurry up with that vaccine, I say!

Don't hold your breath.

"Australians could wait for two and a half years for a widespread vaccine to counter the coronavirus, former New Zealand prime minister Helen Clark has warned after being named to lead a global inquiry into the health crisis." ABC

9 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Don't hold your breath.

"Australians could wait for two and a half years for a widespread vaccine to counter the coronavirus, former New Zealand prime minister Helen Clark has warned after being named to lead a global inquiry into the health crisis." ABC

Thanks for the information, By the Bay. I had missed that news story.

Perhaps I will hold off booking that cruise for November next year.

2 hours ago, sewgood said:

Thanks for the information, By the Bay. I had missed that news story.

Perhaps I will hold off booking that cruise for November next year.

I have a cruise booked to the South Pacific Islands in October next year. I have only placed a FCC as a deposit and will re-assess closer to the final payment date. I hope they can get a vaccine or treatment by then, but not looking good. The logistics for manufacture and distribution worldwide is enormous, given the competing National interests.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Generally my advice is never organise an international flight out on the same day of a cruise debarkation, but if you do, make it late afternoon. For Domestic flights we tend to go always be in the afternoon.

Wise words from a wise man.

Hey; Carnival are going to have a 8:00 dis-embarking time on Brisbane cruises.. They are usually going to leave Noumea at 1:30 on a Friday arvo. Have a sea day & get back to Brisbane around 7:30. with a 8:00 dis-embarkment time... Different to Sydney & overseas ports...

8am Mic, I was going to do a few cruises from Bris-vegas as there mostly 7 days. As I will only have to take a week off work, for 3 ports, but they are getting back at 8:00 Am QLD time. ok that's 7:00am in NSW with our day-light saving... Was going to get 9:30am flight, so back in Newcastle at 9:30am. You don't lose time with Day-light saving on a 1 hour fligh. LOL & go straight to work start at 10:00. Work 20 mins from Newy Airport.

Takes 3 hours to get train from home to OPT. In Sydney. So cruises are going to be very viable from there..

On 7/10/2020 at 9:02 AM, Elorac123 said:

Cheers Carole

Agree Carole that was great planning 👍

IMHO Think it’s in a perfect position for plane access. One of the best and closest Cruise Terminals to an International Airport in Australia and possibly the World?
Now access to and from the city - that’s another discussion 🤔

On 7/11/2020 at 11:41 AM, By The Bay said:

Don't hold your breath.

This timeline depends entirely on which News media outlet you listen to/read. ABC vary day by day. One day they are running a story with vaccines coming available in early 2021 and the next, it will be 2 & 1/2 years. 
Regardless, as I have said before - when “big money” is involved it will happen - sooner rather than later.
The lack of funds was what held back or stopped every other vaccine people quote as examples for the Covid19 vaccine not succeeding. 
Our current Western civilisation find it near impossible to live in a world with Covid19 restrictions - take Victoria for example and other countries are MUCH worse.

A vaccine will happen before the end of 2021. And we will need two doses 28 days apart. My prediction - in writing and now I’ll have to stand by it 🤔🙄

Cheers, Rose.

On 7/10/2020 at 4:12 PM, By The Bay said:

Here is a map showing how close the new cruise terminal at Luggage Point is to the Airport, and the sewerage works.

image.png.3ca56a6682d599670068a5934d19ae45.png

image.png.fd8475952d3f86ec337594763a01acbc.png

Surely, in this day and age, we are advanced enough for sewerage works not to have odours??

2F3F92EB-5C65-4204-A6B9-D8280A313399.jpeg

Edited by Porky55