The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

11 hours ago, BWIVince said:

The whole concept of townships is another point of frustration for me, after 5 painful years of trying to live in Pennsylvania...  😀

I spent less than a year trying to live in PA and I completely understand what you are saying! Not only that - we didn't have 911 in the town I lived in (in the 90's). I still don't understand why people didn't refer to their town but their township (Bucks County for me which was also the county I think)..... And then people divided the Bucks County township into upper and lower Bucks County. I think this is right but not entirely sure. I never knew how to tell people where I lived.

My first ever transatlantic was on a freighter, the Canmar Courage in 2003.  My second (and first westbound) was on the Crystal Symphony in 2006.  I I have no photos from September 3 but this is the sun rising on September 6, the day we arrived in Reykjavik.IMG_0483.JPG.40c648a7eb9e7daf1f17c772d349853c.JPG

Roy

34 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

Is the fourth picture Tokyo Tower?

Vince

Yes !! Good job!    I loved the view -looking up inside it !

Not your typical view of it 🙂

Edited by wearesiamese
4 minutes ago, wearesiamese said:

Yes !! Good job!    I loved the view -looking up inside it !

Not your typical view of it 🙂

Me too, nice shot!  I’ve mainly seen it at night, but I still recognized it from underneath.  I’m better with architecture than any other area.  🙂

Vince

2 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

Me too, nice shot!  I’ve mainly seen it at night, but I still recognized it from underneath.  I’m better with architecture than any other area.  🙂

Vince

I am no architechie, but I do find various structures, bridges etc very interesting when traveling:)

9 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I was trying to figure out when you got to Paris.  Sure looked like the Eiffel Tower to me.

Roy

That would have been  during  the  summer of 1977  for me-I have only been there once:)

Edited by wearesiamese

I have a lot of September sunrises and sets but not every day.  The only 2 consecutive days without photos are September 3 and 4.  This is also from the 2006 transatlantic, sunrise on September 7.

IMG_0502.JPG.5e6b3a555761164fda9e1cf9c49

Roy

These pictures are mainly for Roy, but also for anyone else who was  onboard the infamous #0205 in 2010.   Note the date and or time of day as we progressed from a nice day ,,to the first(?) of 2 cyclones between Fiji and Sydney(sorry not in order and my other pics are too similar to take up any more real estate in this thread LOL

004.JPG

015.JPG

018.JPG

023.JPG

402342_479525635415580_1664201812_n.jpg

33 minutes ago, BEAV said:

I will bet a bottle of hand sanitizer Roy is already working this into his next around the world adventure.

30 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

I will bet a bottle of hand sanitizer Roy is already working this into his next around the world adventure.

After 2 planned trips and 2 pandemics I've decided that my planning a round the world adventure is a sure jinx.

Roy

3 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

I had that exact thought when I read the article! 

You do have cult status around these parts, you know, Roy......😉

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

After 2 planned trips and 2 pandemics I've decided that my planning a round the world adventure is a sure jinx.

Roy

Maybe it's also the UN-jinx, though?  What if the only thing that can wobble 2020 back on its axis is you successfully completing a world trip?  😃

Vince