The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Today's sunrise is from a new trip.  In October-November last year I combined sailings of QM2, Crystal Bach, Crystal Serenity and finally Crystal Symphony, but the sunrise is from the train on the way to New York to board QM2.  It was taken from the first significant bridge of the journey (I think the Gunpowder River):

dawn1018.jpg

Roy

While I have several sunrises for this date in my archives I will do one from my morning walk which came early.  It started at my neighborhood shopping center and makes a loop past my middle school to a neighborhood p  It's a cloudy day so I wasn't expecting anything but there was some decent color as I started my walk.  I didn't see anything in the park but on my return segment it was just coming up over the roof of the middle school:

dawn101920.thumb.jpg.b509a908581e6899002

Roy

I only have one sunrise for October 21.  It's from my 2011 combination of Blount ships through the Erie Canal connecting with the Crystal Symphony in Montreal.  On October 21 we were in Bar Harbor:

sunup21.jpg

Roy

35 minutes ago, ctjon said:

From 2 years ago - wish it were now. Symphony in Portland, ME.   Boy do we here miss seeing all cruise ships this time of year

She’s a classy lady with classy lines! 

October 22 is the last day until early December that I don't have multiple sunrises to choose among.  This was taken one year ago from QM2 on the way to Europe for Crystal Bach, Crystal Serenity, and finally Crystal Symphony:

dawn1022.jpg

Roy

Special to @BWIVince

You mentioned earlier familiarity with the area around Whole Foods in Columbia Town Center.  Yesterday a new park was opened and it's dedicated to 102-year-young resident Vivian "Millie" Bailey.  A veteran of WW2, her park will house the county Veterans Memorial but already features a kid's playground.

bailey1.thumb.jpg.a6313ba28c1ac95939e38a

This spunky gal also recently ticked a sky dive off her bucket list"

Roy

I sailed Allure of the Seas first revenue Westbound transatlantic in 2015.  I have posted a couple of photos from QM2 on the way to Europe then but my first sunrise from the Allure was October 24:

dawn1024.jpg

Roy

11 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I sailed Allure of the Seas first revenue Westbound transatlantic in 2015.  I have posted a couple of photos from QM2 on the way to Europe then but my first sunrise from the Allure was October 24:

dawn1024.jpg

Roy

Seeing a sunrise from a board of a magnificent ship is like one of those one time, one life time experiences that you will remember. The very first sunrise from a board of the ship is still kept in my memory as a good reminder of those good old times back in a day 

Today's sunrise is from a trip that hasn't been represented yet.  A number of my trips have evolved from something I missed in a prior trip.  In 2007 I sailed Silversea Rome to Dubai and got document too late to visit the Valley of the Kings in Egypt.  A couple years later I filled that gap by booking a Nile River cruise but missed out on a tour to Alexandria I the day before the tour started.  When Serenity had a nice tour visiting Alexandria in 2010 I booked it, followed by another med cruise on the Wind Surf, and QM2 back home from Southampton.  This is the sunrise our last day in Alexandria, October 25, 2010.

IMG_2830.thumb.JPG.d88b32cb1a93aad9b9e74

Roy

Today's sunrise is from yet another string of cruises but did not happen near water.  In 2014 I sailed QM2 to Europe and returned on the Wind Star.  October 26, 2014 was a  Sunday  and I started the day at my fire house which was offering a breakfast, continued to my church, and finally to New York to await QM2.  The sun came up while I was at the fire house.  My office is in the wing at the right of the photo:

dawn1026.jpg

Roy

A couple days ago I posted a sunrise from my fire house.   Today's is from that same 2014 trip and is still on land.  Before boarding QM2 and connecting to the Wind Star I spent 2 nights in New York at the Harbor House B&B, the host for the New York Harbor Webcam.  This was taken from Harbor House before boarding QM2 later in the day:

dawn1028.jpg

Roy

I just read that Crystal Air was used to jet the Kardashians to their Tahiti birthday bash. At least Crystal is getting some business, even though there's a massive Kardashian fan backlash. I'm not a fan, but just read how they got to the party.

Carry on with lovely photos. 🙂

I have only a couple of sunrises on this trip.  In 2001 I had a River Cruise through the  Gorge on the Yangtze.  It became an intimate small group tour.  October 29 was actually the morning we left Xian to board our ship.

y2917030.jpg.4d958973bf339d77cd202de983c

Roy