The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

Today's sunrise is another from the infamous "Sandy" Cruise.  November 14 we were at sea from Huatulco to Puerto Vallarta:

dawn14b.jpg

BTW, the Wind Star is a VERY nice experience.  Unfortunately, the price is closer to Crystal than the experience so I sail them sparingly.

Roy

• Like 3

On 11/12/2020 at 12:09 PM, KenzSailing said:

You're welcome Beav.  Your encouragement the other other day motivated me to get off the dime.  That plus my disposition has been sunnier the past week or so.  Not sure why...thinking...thinking... 

This deserves the ❤️ button, but I’ll have to settle for the 👍 button. 😉🤓🥳🥂🙃

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 2:31 AM, travelberlin said:

It is nice when long time posters post again after a break. I am wondering if somebody knows where is Vince. His posts were quite informative.

Ivi

@BWIVince, a lot of us are worried about you and why you have not been posting for some time.  Are you okay?  You and your common sense posts are missed on Cruise Critic.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SusieQft said:

@BWIVince, a lot of us are worried about you and why you have not been posting for some time.  Are you okay?  You and your common sense posts are missed on Cruise Critic.

I am not sure it works this way. I will try to quote him on some post to see if he gets the message...

Ivi

• Like 1

Today's sunrises is actually a pair of shots, probably 1 lap apart, on the final sea day on my  infamous Crystal Symphony "Sandy" Panama Canal cruise, with a delay and change in departure port due to Superstorm Sandy in 2012:

predawn17.jpg

One lap later:

dawn17.jpg

Roy

• Like 7

Today's sunrise is the last from my 2012 Superstorn Sandy Cruise.  I disembarked the Crystal Symphony in Los Angeles November 18 and November 22 boarded my last train home from Chicago.  The photo was taken from the Lake Michigan shore.

dawn22a.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

I have only one Seabourn cruise, a transalantic in 2016.  As I often do, I sailed QM2 to Europe and there was a lengthy delay between QM2's arrival and Seaborne Odyssey's departure.  I filled that void with a voyage on Queen Elizabeth.  November 23 was my first morning on QE:

morning23.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

Today's sunrise is from my last completed string of cruises, QM2, Crystal Bach, Crystal Serenity, and Crystal Symphony. On November 25, 2019 I was on the Crystal Symphony in Grand Turk:

dawn1126.jpg

We were joined by the Crystal Serenity, which was tendering.  Serenity left first:

adieuocy.jpg

Roy

• Like 6

On 11/14/2020 at 11:44 PM, TER777 said:

Does anyone have contact info for Vince? I agree it is not like him to be gone for so long. It's worrisome.

On 11/15/2020 at 12:00 AM, SusieQft said:

On 11/15/2020 at 6:37 AM, travelberlin said:

I am not sure it works this way. I will try to quote him on some post to see if he gets the message...

Ivi

I'm SOOOO sorry to be offline for so long, everyone!  I just woke up one morning and thought, "I just can't take all the refund and COVID discussions this morning," and didn't log in...  Somehow that stretched into days, and then weeks.  I wasn't planning on stepping away, it just kind of happened inadvertently.  It's been a rough few months on this end (but not nearly as bad as it's been for others!), and I just needed a little peace.

Thank for everyone's concerns -- knowing I was missed was the nicest feeling I've had in weeks.  ❤️

I'll post more soon, I promise!

Vince

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

I'm SOOOO sorry to be offline for so long, everyone!  I just woke up one morning and thought, "I just can't take all the refund and COVID discussions this morning," and didn't log in...  Somehow that stretched into days, and then weeks.  I wasn't planning on stepping away, it just kind of happened inadvertently.  It's been a rough few months on this end (but not nearly as bad as it's been for others!), and I just needed a little peace.

Thank for everyone's concerns -- knowing I was missed was the nicest feeling I've had in weeks.  ❤️

I'll post more soon, I promise!

Vince

Thank you, Vince, for the lovely Thanksgiving treat of knowing you are alright. 

• Like 3