The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

41 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I had not planned to have 2 strait sunrises from my 2012 Zaandam Southeast Asia cruise, but after 2 unexpected days in the hospital it is happening.  On February 13, 2012, the Zaandam visited Na Trang, Vietnam.

Oh no Roy!  You've been missed and I hope you're recovering well.  You're back just in time for whatever undefined schmutz is supposed to fall from the sky this afternoon.

Hope you're feeling better!

Vince

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I had not planned to have 2 strait sunrises from my 2012 Zaandam Southeast Asia cruise, but after 2 unexpected days in the hospital it is happening.  On February 13, 2012, the Zaandam visited Na Trang, Vietnam.

goodamvietnam.jpg

Roy

Hi Roy, I hope it was not something serious. Wishing you a good recovery.

Ivi

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Hi Roy, I hope it was not something serious. Wishing you a good recovery.

Ivi

1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

Oh no Roy!  You've been missed and I hope you're recovering well.  You're back just in time for whatever undefined schmutz is supposed to fall from the sky this afternoon.

Hope you're feeling better!

Vince

Thank you.  I have been having unexpected shortness of breath for about a week.  I saw my primary doctor Monday and he called for a number of tests.  Wednesday was an echocardiogram which I thought I would finish pretty quickly and even had my final piece of breakfast in my coat pocket.  They found a defective mitral valve and called an ambulance for me to University of Maryland Hospital in downtown Baltimore.  I was there until Friday evening and they ran a slew of tests before discharging me about 5:30PM.  No treatment yet but I see their cardiologist Thursday.  I shouldn't go straight to surgery from there but should at least have a date.

I went out to Panera for takeout this morning and it was fine when I left but started raining while I was there.  In any case I a hunkered down for the rest of the day.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I had not planned to have 2 strait sunrises from my 2012 Zaandam Southeast Asia cruise, but after 2 unexpected days in the hospital it is happening. 

Roy

Sorry to hear this, Roy.  Wishing  you a full and speedy recovery.

Jim

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you.  I have been having unexpected shortness of breath for about a week.  I saw my primary doctor Monday and he called for a number of tests.  Wednesday was an echocardiogram which I thought I would finish pretty quickly and even had my final piece of breakfast in my coat pocket.  They found a defective mitral valve and called an ambulance for me to University of Maryland Hospital in downtown Baltimore.  I was there until Friday evening and they ran a slew of tests before discharging me about 5:30PM.  No treatment yet but I see their cardiologist Thursday.  I shouldn't go straight to surgery from there but should at least have a date.

I went out to Panera for takeout this morning and it was fine when I left but started raining while I was there.  In any case I a hunkered down for the rest of the day.

Roy

That's quite a journey...  My thoughts will be with you this week, and I hope the appointment with the cardiologist brings better than expected news.  I haven't been to UMMC since the mid-00's when I took my father there for cancer treatment, but I've always been VERY impressed.  

You were luckier/smarter than I was with lunch!  I was going to get Ledo Pizza, and it was just starting to rain/ice so I canned the whole thing and made lunch.  As soon as I made lunch it stopped icing and remained dry the entire afternoon, before starting to sleet at 4:00.  🤬 Oh well, maybe tomorrow...  Reading your message reminded me again of Ledo, given their long connected history with the University of Maryland (the alma mater of both my parents).

Vince

• Like 1

It has not been a good week with my brother's passing yesterday.  I debated on suspending the daily sunrises but I think I need them as much as anybody, and will plan to continue until I am admitted to the hospital.  Today's is from my 2020 World Cruise transferring from Crystal Serenity to QM2.  On February 15 Serenity was at sea from Fiji to New Zealand:

dawn0215.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

My deepest condolences, Roy.  😢  I’m sure this is the last thing you needed to cope with this week, and you continue to have all my thoughts.

Thanks for  continuing your posts — even for those of us not going through anything like what you are, this isn’t a great week for some of us and your sunrises definitely bring us some welcome joy.

We’re with you!

Vince

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is from my 2019 Prinsendam Grand South America and Antarctica cruise.  On February 17 we visited Montevideo.  This may be the last before I visit the surgeon tomorrow:

dawn0217.jpg

Roy

Great picture!!

Our condolences on the loss of your brother. Hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Larry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today's sunrise is land based but the first from another set of cruises. On February 19, 2017 I boarded MS Koningsdam to get me out of flying from Maryland to Buenos Aires and continued to Crystal Serenity, Zaandam, Carnival Inspiration, and Crystal Symphony.  I watched the sun rise in Fort Lauderdale on February 18.

dawn0218.jpg

Roy

• Like 10