The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

And over on the Covid thread front, I notice Vince continues to fight the good fight.  I fear he's running low on supplies.  Send up a flare, and I'll airdrop a couple batches of my French onion soup.

Or, as some would have, it "Freedom" onion soup. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is from my off the wall 2017 combination (Koningsdam, Crystal Serenity, Iguazu by land, Zaandam, Carnival Inspiration, and Crystal Symphony).  On March 4 the Serenity had overnighted in Buenos Aires and left that evening:

dawn0304.jpg

Roy

Roy that is beautiful! With any luck I'll be getting on the Endeavor there (BA) in exactly 7 months. Okay, I meant with a whole lot of lucky lucky lucky luck....;)

• Like 2

Today's sunrise is the last from my 2016 Crystal Symphony Antarctic cruise that began with a pair of Cunard transatlantics.  On March 7 Amtrak's Silver Meteor was in Northern Virginia approaching Washington DC.

dawn0307.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, claudiaYVR said:

Watched Chef Ashton make short ribs on FB today, he's a delight and a reminder of everything I love about Crystal. Going shopping for the ingredients so I can make a special dinner for two this week.

Indeed!!  I was flipping through that recipe page where they are all archived this morning and thinking what a great feature that's been for Chef Ashton and Crystal to provide.  There are lots of great recipes in there, and collectively it's a great resource even beyond the weekly webcasts.  I give a huge thanks to everyone that's made this possible!

Vince

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

Indeed!!  I was flipping through that recipe page where they are all archived this morning and thinking what a great feature that's been for Chef Ashton and Crystal to provide.  There are lots of great recipes in there, and collectively it's a great resource even beyond the weekly webcasts.  I give a huge thanks to everyone that's made this possible!

Vince

Wait, ok, where is this wonderful resource?  I've been chained to the stove here at the Chez, may be a little behind the times (say, 20 years or so.)

3 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

Wait, ok, where is this wonderful resource?  I've been chained to the stove here at the Chez, may be a little behind the times (say, 20 years or so.)

I just meant the recipe (prep) page, since it's collectively grown into a whole scroll of yummy goodness...

https://www.crystalcruises.com/crystal-at-home/tuesday-pantry-prep

There is a video page with the demos as well:  https://www.crystalcruises.com/crystal-at-home

Most importantly though, what's for dinner?  Some of us live vicariously through the menus and reviews from the Chez!

Vince

12 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

I just meant the recipe (prep) page, since it's collectively grown into a whole scroll of yummy goodness...

https://www.crystalcruises.com/crystal-at-home/tuesday-pantry-prep

There is a video page with the demos as well:  https://www.crystalcruises.com/crystal-at-home

Most importantly though, what's for dinner?  Some of us live vicariously through the menus and reviews from the Chez!

Vince

Thanks.

Sunday night is diner food night: sous vide pork chop(144F), white sauce and mac n' cheese.  And yes, we use Velveeta.  Get that Comte right outta here!  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

Thanks.

Sunday night is diner food night: sous vide pork chop(144F), white sauce and mac n' cheese.  And yes, we use Velveeta.  Get that Comte right outta here!  

That sounds great!  Velveeta mac n' cheese is exactly what MY mother used to make, but then again her recipe box is filled with all kinds of 70's "food" atrocities so I should be careful what I admit to. That said, lots of those things work for a reason!  (I refuse to talk about the microwave meatloaf recipe though.)

Vince

• Haha 1

Today's sunrise is actually a sunset, from my last cruise, Queen Mary 2 from Sydney to Perth instead of New York. On March 8 we visited Melbourne and it was the 10th time I saw "Come From Away"

dusk08.jpg

Roy

• Like 4

Today's sunrise is from my 2014 Crystal Symphony/Crystal Serenity/Amsterdam series, Bali-Singapore-Cape Town-Ft. Lauderdale.  On March 9 Crystal Symphony was in Brunei:

dawn0309.jpg

Thank you for the wishes.  I don't expect a lot of news from today's tests but it will be progress.

Roy

• Like 5

On 3/2/2021 at 3:27 AM, Merry Twinkletoes said:

In October, the webmaster helped me.

There may be multiple contractors touching Crystal’s website.

SUBSCRIPTIONS may trigger the Crystal emails. This morning, I Clicked on the three choices listed under Available: Crystal Society, Crystal Insider, and Special Offers and Information.

13 minutes ago, Merry Twinkletoes said:

SUBSCRIPTIONS may trigger the Crystal emails. This morning, I Clicked on the three choices listed under Available: Crystal Society, Crystal Insider, and Special Offers and Information.

I’ve been subscribed all along. I used to get them and then I didn’t. I tried resubscribing as did the Ask Crystal person on my behalf. Didn’t work. For example, week I did not get the Crystal River Mozart announcement. 

18 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Neither did I - was there actually a customer focussed email on the new Rivers season announcement?

Monday afternoon I received the email Larry posted about rivers.  I only receive customer emails from Crystal, not press or agent.

Vince

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Looks like I’ve fallen off the list - again...

I give up

🙁

This is a question for both you and Tracie (and maybe Patty?) since I know you've both done extensive troubleshooting with Crystal...  Has Crystal checked their email vendor's blocked list (and not just their own) to make sure your addresses aren't unsubscribed by mistake at the vendor-level for some reason?  My company's marketing team had that problem with two of the services that we've used.  The participant either never unsubscribed or unsubscribed from an unrelated sender account in the system, but somehow their addresses migrated into some blocked list the system uses at a higher level for each blast.  That would cause you to be on the distribution list for a blast but then the email tool would quietly filter you out of each blast when it queued up.

Just a thought...

Vince

My status re Crystal and emails is that I no longer get anything to the original email address that Crystal has had for me since 2007. I tried to get that address reactivated and finally gave up. I registered a different email address on the Crystal website. I get advertising emails to that address but nothing that indicates that I've ever done even one cruise with them. In all honesty, I don't really care about the email situation, but I'm more than a little peeved about not getting the money they have owed me since the earth cooled!!

Patty

• Like 2