Who feels good about an oct start date?

seaman11

57 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Don’t forget to thank these same people who said they wouldn’t live in fear and would go on living. It’s people with these attitudes that refuse to wear masks and don’t worry about social distancing. Their actions directly contributed to the mess our country is in today, which helped make your prediction come true. 

No i think thats incorrect, you can go on living ,but follow guidlines.  its the ppl that think its a hoax and not that bad that refuse to wear masks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

Just for a bit of clarification.  IF my December B2B (7 Days Total)  Inspiration Cruise  is cancelled due to COVID-19, I WILL receive the $600 OBC.

Which would be totally separate from the $600 OBC I have, that HAS transferred, from a cancelled March to September and now to an April 2021 Panorama Cruise. 

Two un-related cruises .... but both Cancelled due to the COVID-19. IF December is a no go.

Am I correct in my reasoning?

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Yes. You are correct

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maddea20 said:
  • I agree with anyone who says it’s the people of this country holding us back. Wearing masks is so political because of you know who, it’s ridiculous. Just wear the darn mask geez 🙄. Anyways, I hope to be on a cruise ship next summer 2021.  Definitely wouldn’t go this year with no vaccine or no anything in sight. I don’t see how a cruise can operate without a vaccine anyway. I would just wait a few years to cruise until this virus has been bought under control if anything. These ships are petri dishes. 

I was looking at a chart the other day that Illustrated basic activities and your risk of catching covid. All the activities that take place on a cruise ship were in the top tier, meaning high risk. The assessment took into consideration all the normal precautions, such as wearing a mask, washing hands, Etc. With 43 cruises under my belt I love to cruise as much as anyone but cannot see myself getting on the ship without being vaccinated. I'm not afraid of living my life, I just don't want to end it prematurely.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

I was skeptical too but they assured me. I’m excited to start cruising again on Oct 2. The cruise directors are quitting their jobs at Margaritaville Resort at that time to return and Carnival is very excited to plan their re-launch on Oct 2. Maybe they know something we don’t to make such confident statements? 

They may be starting cruising but barring some miracle cure or vacccine that they no about and are keeping it a secret from the whole world the virus is not going to be over in October.  In NC it is going to be peaking around then.  I think what they know is they want people to continue giving them interest free loans booking cruises they know are very likely not going to actually sail.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joeyancho said:

I was looking at a chart the other day that Illustrated basic activities and your risk of catching covid. All the activities that take place on a cruise ship were in the top tier, meaning high risk. The assessment took into consideration all the normal precautions, such as wearing a mask, washing hands, Etc. With 43 cruises under my belt I love to cruise as much as anyone but cannot see myself getting on the ship without being vaccinated. I'm not afraid of living my life, I just don't want to end it prematurely.

Love this post.  Literally in same boat and thought pattern as you - 43 cruises completed, and not quite sure I want to cruise unless cover disappears - or a vaccination comes about.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Disney opening doesn’t surprise me for two reasons. One, Disney executives wanted Disney opened, especially considering Universal opened last month. Two, DeSantis is pushing for our state to open as much as possible. Now if DeSantis had the authority to open ports completely on his own, my opinion would be very different. 

That implies that cruise execs do not want to cruise.

Florida actually had a good handle on the virus until the politicians pushed for a premature economic re-opening.  Now, our trend is ever upwards, and we have established new records in daily cases reported, # of cases reported in the last 2 weeks, and a statewide daily death rate.

Our hospitals are at 99% capacity, and with folks partying on the 4th, crowds gathering without universal PPE, we seem to be on an exponential growth explosion.  Before we re-opened, most folks in my area wore masks; since the re-opening, masks seem to be in the minority.  And cases just keep mounting up.

One person on our local news claimed the virus is a hoax, and will disappear if there's a change with the next election, totally ignoring the world wide aspect of the pandemic.  With such ignorant viewpoints, and folks espousing their liberty by not wearing masks, this virus will continue to find host specimens to invade.

No way ships can sail from Florida ports in the next few months.  And if the virus does seem contained, and cruising starts as soon as the 1st numbers show a slow down, we will see more headlines criticizing the industry.  

I hold no hope for my Nov and Dec cruises to sail as planned.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Florida actually had a good handle on the virus until the politicians pushed for a premature economic re-opening.  Now, our trend is ever upwards, and we have established new records in daily cases reported, # of cases reported in the last 2 weeks, and a statewide daily death rate.

Our hospitals are at 99% capacity, and with folks partying on the 4th, crowds gathering without universal PPE, we seem to be on an exponential growth explosion.  Before we re-opened, most folks in my area wore masks; since the re-opening, masks seem to be in the minority.  And cases just keep mounting up.

One person on our local news claimed the virus is a hoax, and will disappear if there's a change with the next election, totally ignoring the world wide aspect of the pandemic.  With such ignorant viewpoints, and folks espousing their liberty by not wearing masks, this virus will continue to find host specimens to invade.

No way ships can sail from Florida ports in the next few months.  And if the virus does seem contained, and cruising starts as soon as the 1st numbers show a slow down, we will see more headlines criticizing the industry.  

Riddle me this Batman, how did it look in Florida 2 months ago.  Obviously, we understand little about the virus and mNy thought the bad side was behind us.  This all can change again, if the masses smarten up  We will see.   

3 hours ago, skridge said:

They may be starting cruising but barring some miracle cure or vacccine that they no about and are keeping it a secret from the whole world the virus is not going to be over in October.  In NC it is going to be peaking around then.  I think what they know is they want people to continue giving them interest free loans booking cruises they know are very likely not going to actually sail.

Obviously people know what the options are.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Obviously people know what the options are.  

I believe a lot of people who rebooked cruises going back to prior months sincerely believed cruises they booked would actually take place. I also believe people who are booking cruises for the Fall believe these cruises will take place too, which I personally think won’t happen. I still have 6 cruises booked thru the first part of 2021 that I booked well before this virus shutdown the cruise industry, but I have no plans to book any more cruises until cruise lines resume operations. But I am a strong advocate for my money to make money for me, not for cruise lines to make money using my money. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I believe a lot of people who rebooked cruises going back to prior months sincerely believed cruises they booked would actually take place. I also believe people who are booking cruises for the Fall believe these cruises will take place too, which I personally think won’t happen. I still have 6 cruises booked thru the first part of 2021 that I booked well before this virus shutdown the cruise industry, but I have no plans to book any more cruises until cruise lines resume operations. But I am a strong advocate for my money to make money for me, not for cruise lines to make money using my money. 

Do not want to go off on a bender on the subject, of course everyone has better ideas on how to invest. When we (collectively) booked a cruise, it was not an investment, but a deposit.  That money was intended to used.  I get the fact it takes a good time to get it back. 

We were thinking with my wife about it recently. To be honest, if before we though that the situation may never settle down this year, yesterday after surfing the internet we made a conclusion that things are not that bad as people are trying to illustrate it. Cruise companies are getting ready to earn billions the first day the cruising will be allowed

• Like 3

Frankly I don't see cruising starting up this year at all, my Mardi Gras sailing is now the first one in Feb 2016 after I rescheduled it from the Oct 31st cancellation. Honestly, I feel like the Feb 6th cruise will be cancelled also. Just my opinion though. 

We're booked on the Oct 3rd Horizon cruise. I am not feeling the joy and eagerness that I usually have 81 days before we cruise. Hopefully we will get to sail, but I'm certainly not holding my breath. If Carnival cancels, then I'll take the OBC and book again next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jordanaire said:

We're booked on the Oct 3rd Horizon cruise. I am not feeling the joy and eagerness that I usually have 81 days before we cruise. Hopefully we will get to sail, but I'm certainly not holding my breath. If Carnival cancels, then I'll take the OBC and book again next year.

That's what I did when Carnival cancelled my September cruise.  I rebooked for January 2021 and am hoping for the best.  I got a $600 OBC for rebooking, a $120 OBC (along with a $1,000 refund) since the January cruise was cheaper, and $100 OBC for being a stockholder.  If this cruise sails, it will be the cheapest cruise we have ever sailed, along with the largest OBC.  If it doesn't sail, I will move it again.  I think the $600 OBC for rebooking is extremely generous and am willing to bet that someday Carnival will sail again.

• Like 1

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

That's what I did when Carnival cancelled my September cruise.  I rebooked for January 2021 and am hoping for the best.  I got a $600 OBC for rebooking, a $120 OBC (along with a $1,000 refund) since the January cruise was cheaper, and $100 OBC for being a stockholder.  If this cruise sails, it will be the cheapest cruise we have ever sailed, along with the largest OBC.  If it doesn't sail, I will move it again.  I think the $600 OBC for rebooking is extremely generous and am willing to bet that someday Carnival will sail again.

"I think the $600 OBC for rebooking is extremely generous and am willing to bet that someday Carnival will sail again." That's exactly how my wife and I feel too.

• Like 1

Even though I wasn’t booked for October I don’t think they will sail. It’s already a lot of work trying to figure out how schools will look. If we can just all work together to help slow the spread we possibly could be getting to cruising faster. Just taking it one day at a time. Let’s just stay safe so we can come back and report back our travels.

• Like 1

I don't think October cruises will go out...especially from Florida...if they do go, I'm guessing there will be a testing requirement and the majority of ports will deny entry (except Mexico maybe). I'm starting to doubt that our January cruise will happen. It certainly won't be what we are used to if it does go as planned.

1 minute ago, Doggielover68 said:

I don't think October cruises will go out...especially from Florida...if they do go, I'm guessing there will be a testing requirement and the majority of ports will deny entry (except Mexico maybe). I'm starting to doubt that our January cruise will happen. It certainly won't be what we are used to if it does go as planned.

I have a Panorama scheduled for January and I know it won't happen, people are not doing what they are supposed to as a result we have the highest numbers in the world and meanwhile other countries are playing soccer.  Unfortunately politicians want to try and get us out of this when we need doctors and scientist.   This is going to go on for at least another 8 months.  We have the fall and the normal flu to deal with in 3 months.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When my March cruise was cancelled by Carnival I optimistically and naively rescheduled it for October, so that cruise has been paid in full for quite awhile.  Now I expect it too will be cancelled.

At this point I hope it will be cancelled.  I wear a mask the rare times I leave home and always keep my distance from others.  I am not willing to pay the cruise fare for that same experience.

The current environment is not the fault of the cruise lines or the CDC, but no, I don't feel good about an October start date.

Edited by bury me at sea
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, evandbob said:

Not sure what hospital you are talking about.. perhaps in a area.. statewide fl is very low . I do not believe ships are sailing but thank god that is certainly not the case with our hospital or it’s icu beds .. 

• Like 3