The Daily for Saturday Jul 11, 2020

richwmn

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@DeeniEncinitas Denise, so happy you had such a wonderful as well as virtual birthday. @cat shepard too.. and @rafinmd.. and

@kazu @ger_77

Allen's birthday is July 14th and he wants to go for steak. He must be feeling better, as all he's been eating is fruit and soup..

We have friends here who want to meet as a surprise, so had to squeeze a place to eat out of Allen tonight. They have outdoor seating, and the tables are 8 foot apart.. I'm still unsure about that.. what do you think?

do the servers & kitchen folk all wear masks? How about gloves? Serious questions in our states, doubly so in Allen’s and your situation.  If nothing else wash your hands.  A lot!

4 hours ago, kazu said:

LOL - none of us are the cool kids.  We just enjoy cruising and this is one thread that is fun to participate in 😉   Everyone is welcome on this thread.  The more the merrier 😄 

I read everyday but only post sparingly.

Most of the people I know on here, are from the 'sailaway threads, - that are sadly suspended for who knows how long. So along with missing the cruising - I miss the departure parades.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AliceS said:

I have enjoyed following along, but I feel like an observer of the cool kids table at lunch.  Sounds like you know each other?  I am just desperate to believe that I can cruise again.

I love wine, but your $140+ per bottle might buy me close to a case.  Save the left overs for me.  Going out for dinner....we must sit outside to dine and it’s a big occasion.  My granddaughter is graduating high school.  Bad year for that, but we’re all healthy.

Welcome Alice. I have followed the sailaway threads intermittently so knew some names, but that is it. I, too, thought that everyone knew each other, and had probably sailed together, until tonight. It goes to show you that people with a similar love just love to talk their passion, welcoming the newcomers (I consider myself that) with kindness.

To Joy, I have to say that I am in the same camp as most above. Allen's immune system is compromised at the moment, with some unstable oxygen levels. Since COVID is a respiratory disease, I would hesitate to move beyond my own house. Maybe a socially distanced BBQ in your back yard would be a better choice? Whatever you decide, I am glad that he is feeling well enough to have that craving for steak.🙂 All the best to both of you.

• Like 2