Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just for a little fun :

While I do miss having to cancel 3 cruises , I was thinking about what I'm not missing .

The same old, same old , activities/shows on every Celebrity cruise.

( I like the couple that walks in late and heads straight to the front row . His plaid jacket is older than the blond he's with )

The welcome aboard toast " You get on as passengers , you get off as cattle "

The dancing around with headphones on , which in a million years you, ( ok I ) wouldn't do anyplace else.

The goofy activity where the husband/wife , partner/partner , are asked dumb questions about each other and the audience laughs like hell .

( Old guys with much younger women don't qualify because they might not even live together or pay attention to the color of their underwear )

Bingo--- biggest rip-off to the participants--- great income for the cruise company. 

At least at the pool , over the years , they changed cha cha to macarana and now to zumba .

And to think, they don't sing " We are the world " in 174 different languages while we are waiting for the baked Alaska !!!

 Anything you are not missing ????

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Things I don’t miss

 

CHAIR HOGS ( stop only thinking about yourselves)

The plates in the buffet left with half the food uneaten, you are allowed to go back for seconds so don’t pile everything on knowing you will waste half if it.

The passengers complaining it’s not what it used to be ( we are incredibly lucky to enjoy a thing two thirds of the world could never afford people).

I think I may love everything else, those crew that work so hard and will never enjoy the luxuries we enjoy yet are so happy and still make the most of life appreciating the little things like a thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

Just for a little fun :

While I do miss having to cancel 3 cruises , I was thinking about what I'm not missing .

The same old, same old , activities/shows on every Celebrity cruise.

( I like the couple that walks in late and heads straight to the front row . His plaid jacket is older than the blond he's with )

The welcome aboard toast " You get on as passengers , you get off as cattle "

The dancing around with headphones on , which in a million years you, ( ok I ) wouldn't do anyplace else.

The goofy activity where the husband/wife , partner/partner , are asked dumb questions about each other and the audience laughs like hell .

( Old guys with much younger women don't qualify because they might not even live together or pay attention to the color of their underwear )

Bingo--- biggest rip-off to the participants--- great income for the cruise company. 

At least at the pool , over the years , they changed cha cha to macarana and now to zumba .

And to think, they don't sing " We are the world " in 174 different languages while we are waiting for the baked Alaska !!!

 Anything you are not missing ????

You let me down. I thought your number one not missing would be your ever popular,  "loud mouth wearing his cowboy hat in Murano... 🤣 

Link to post
Share on other sites
You let me down. I thought your number one not missing would be your ever popular,  "loud mouth wearing his cowboy hat in Murano... 🤣 

LOL— That’s a “Good One “ !!!
I’m flattered that you remember my posts. Do you remember the one about , oops , I promised not to bring that one up “ again “ after someone “ insulted “ me.
Congratulations, You can cancel any appointments scheduled for the memory clinic— as long as you remember to do it .
And , If you would have seen the gorgeous lady with him, you would remember them also . So what if she is 40 years younger ? And , and and .





Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

I’m flattered that you remember my posts.

How can I not remember that one as you posted that story many, many times. If I could speak for others, I would guess most of us haven't or can't forget that story. :classic_rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

And , If you would have seen the gorgeous lady with him, you would remember them also . So what if she is 40 years younger ? And , and and .

Sorry now that I ever brought it up to your attention. 🤣 :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by davekathy
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have found that all the mainstream lines are pretty much "same old, same old."  Even when you move from one line to another.

The last 5 years or so we tend to spend more time in our cabin on sea days rather than seeing the same things we've seen hundreds of times in the past.  Our cabin becomes kind of like a retreat whether to read or watch a movie or just sit on the balcony and chill.  Like we might do in a cabin in the woods.

We do lots of crossings so we have lots of sea days so we've become fairly adept at this routine over the years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just miss the motion of the ocean, smell of salt water, and going in and out of ports. Miss meeting nice polite interesting people.

 

I don't miss crowded elevators or those rude people arriving late to shows.

I do not miss loud drunks talking loudly on way back to room at 1am.

And I do not miss slamming doors and cabinets.

Lastly, I do not miss the blah coffee either.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't miss hearing children 'playing' the grand piano in the Penthouse stateroom directly above us. Early morning, late night, afternoon, or whenever the darlings aren't sleeping or eating.

I also don't miss those 'special' children who are allowed in the adults only pool, when all the pools are open. They are only 'special' because of who the parents are, of course, if you get my drift. (Not meaning special needs kids. Brats. Damn brats who are the offspring of adult brat parents. I don't miss those.

 

But, I sure miss talking with and watching the crew members working their buns off to make passengers happy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't miss those special passengers who blame the cruise line for everything that goes wrong.  Like bad weather, delays in disembarking because TSA isn't prepared, and their neighbor who likes to party all night. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, travlr21 said:

When you put it like that ....

 

Horrendous, crowded life boat drill. Maybe new protocols will help with that one.

And what happens next, everyone to the elevators.

Edited by gerelmx
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, yorky said:

Things I don’t miss

 

CHAIR HOGS ( stop only thinking about yourselves)

The plates in the buffet left with half the food uneaten, you are allowed to go back for seconds so don’t pile everything on knowing you will waste half if it.

The passengers complaining it’s not what it used to be ( we are incredibly lucky to enjoy a thing two thirds of the world could never afford people).

I think I may love everything else, those crew that work so hard and will never enjoy the luxuries we enjoy yet are so happy and still make the most of life appreciating the little things like a thank you.

 

Mrs Ldubs and I play a game every cruise about the best complaints of the day.  It is actually entertaining to hear some of this stuff.  One of my favorites was a 60 something year old dude getting mad because a 70 something year old called him "sonny".   The 70+ guy held the door and said "after you sonny".  It went south from there.  hahaha  

 

So I guess I should be ashamed, but in a very narrow context, I probably do miss the complaining. 😋

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to add one comment related to the list of don't miss - I always thought Silent Disco was an absolutely ridiculous concept and never wanted to participate - walking past it looked like a bunch of idiots on crack.  Until one day I did (try the disco, not the crack LOL).  It was one of the most fun activities on the ship I have ever tried and now I look forward to it on every cruise.  Just sayin'. 😄

Edited by phoenix_dream
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t miss flights to get to cruises...Recent airport visits have been awful, long queues through security, our gate always being the one furthest away, delays and cancellations.

 

On board the ship the only things I don’t miss are the muster drill and getting off at the end of the cruise! Perhaps because we are in holiday mood we can relax if the lifts are busy, ignore the odd person who could do with a hard stare from Paddington and we simply enjoy the sea, the food and the company of the wonderful staff and fellow guests we meet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...