Costa Cruises Restart

jakob71

Just in case it should not already be known to readers on this Forum, I can refer to the following topic posted last Saturday on the Royal Caribbean Forum:

VERY Slow Restart from Costa Cruises

Further details are given under the following link:

http://crew-center.com/costa-cruises-plans-re-start-voyages-7-ships-5-phases?fbclid=IwAR2Y_FsJ4bDOK9gkhn4ux_OVfQOfLBcqfToVBJd_bADtJqa2iCuNDRA30t4

1 hour ago, jakob71 said:

Just in case it should not already be known to readers on this Forum, I can refer to the following topic posted last Saturday on the Royal Caribbean Forum:

VERY Slow Restart from Costa Cruises

Further details are given under the following link:

http://crew-center.com/costa-cruises-plans-re-start-voyages-7-ships-5-phases?fbclid=IwAR2Y_FsJ4bDOK9gkhn4ux_OVfQOfLBcqfToVBJd_bADtJqa2iCuNDRA30t4

And yet they are still selling cruises on their UK site to all destinations. 

55 minutes ago, gerryuk said:

Incomprehensible by Costa, if the restart information I referred to is correct.

6 hours ago, gerryuk said:

Are you still booked on the Fascinosa TA in April 2021 Gerry.

I haven't cancelled yet but cannot see that this sailing will happen. Especially as the SA cruises are only open to South Americans.

(According to the plan, South America itineraries on Costa Fascinosa will resume on December 6, in PHASE 4-5.

The ship will sail on a roundtrip voyages from Santos, Brazil visiting Buzios, Salvador de Bahia, Ilheus and Ilha Grande, with South American guests and a maximum occupancy of 70-80% )

Edited by maryann2

34 minutes ago, maryann2 said:

Are you still booked on the Fascinosa TA in April 2021 Gerry.

I haven't cancelled yet but cannot see that this sailing will happen. Especially as the SA cruises are only open to South Americans.

(According to the plan, South America itineraries on Costa Fascinosa will resume on December 6, in PHASE 4-5.

The ship will sail on a roundtrip voyages from Santos, Brazil visiting Buzios, Salvador de Bahia, Ilheus and Ilha Grande, with South American guests and a maximum occupancy of 70-80% )

Well i am still booked on the Fascinosa for the southbound 16th November to Rio as well as the return on the 14th April 2021.

I am also booked for Barcelona to Dubai (29days) on the Diadema in September this year. I am at a loss with the link that Jacob has posted above. All the Costa European sites have their last updates on July 3rd and no mention about the details in that link.

The whole saga is a shambles, if their website is not updated this week i will give them a ring. 

Just now, gerryuk said:

Well i am still booked on the Fascinosa for the southbound 16th November to Rio as well as the return on the 14th April 2021.

I am also booked for Barcelona to Dubai (29days) on the Diadema in September this year. I am at a loss with the link that Jacob has posted above. All the Costa European sites have their last updates on July 3rd and no mention about the details in that link.

The whole saga is a shambles, if their website is not updated this week i will give them a ring. 

I can't see the 16th November to Rio happening (with guests on board anyway).

Also the Diadema in September.

I have changed my Feb 2021 Fortuna Med cruise (to replace the Diadema March 2020 ) to Costa Smeralda Dubai to Barcelona March 2022.  Hopefully by then cruises will be safe again.

14 hours ago, maryann2 said:

I have changed my Feb 2021 Fortuna Med cruise (to replace the Diadema March 2020 ) to Costa Smeralda Dubai to Barcelona March 2022.  Hopefully by then cruises will be safe again.

Am booked Diadema March 2021 from Dubai to Savona a few months ago. If "the schedule" is crystallized, Diadema will sail to the Caribbean instead of the Middle East...

I've been booked on Diadema from Dubai to Marseille March 2021 for a while, staying in France for a few weeks after. Normally I'd be thinking about flights now but I'm holding off for a few months.

I used my crdit voucher for the Smeralda March 2022 Dubai to Marseille again, now that Costa doesn't have a ship in Florida  it's the only itinerary I'm sure of this far in advance. We'll see what the cruise experience is by then.

Am booked Diadema March 2021 from Dubai to Savona a few months ago. If "the schedule" is crystallized, Diadema will sail to the Caribbean instead of the Middle East...

I don't think you can rely on that report, if it is not officially from Costa.
Diadema is scheduled to sail to the middle East and reach on 19th October 2020.

In the report there is no mention of which nationalities will be allowed to board in the middle East in October.

Hi All,
Had a phone call from Costa yesterday offering me cruises from May 21 with extra OBC Sailing from Marseille/ Barcelona or Savona.

No suites available so we are out.
I wonder why suites are not available.
surely they could not have been sold out so much in advance, with the demand being as it is

My personal thoughts are because of the club up-grades from inside to a suite with all the benefits, if you meet the requirements.

Funny when Costa phoned me there were three Suites available on the Magica, two on Diadema & Smeralda yet none on line.

Makes me mad that even if I am offering the full price they prefer to offer these to those who cruise once more next year yet we cruised with them at least three time a year