Health Screening specifically asks about cruising....

Not sure if this is national protocol, or just in Michigan, but I was just called to go through health screening for my dentist. First question was, "have you been out of the country in the last 60 days"? Next question was "Have you been on a cruise in the last 60 days"??  They didn't ask if I had been on a plain or train, just singled out cruising.  We all know cruising hasn't even resumed, yet it is still a specific topic on health screening questions. I believe these targeted questions may discourage some from future cruising. Several years ago, going to the Dominican Republic prevented someone from donating blood for one year. This hurt the DR travel industry because in peoples minds the DR held greater risk.

For those who reside outside of Michigan, is this a universal health screening process? 

Just went for my six-month cleaning here in Ohio.  Temperature check and "the usual suspects questions about whether I had any recent cases of loss of taste, cold symptoms, etc., association with anyone known to have tested positive for COVID-19. I was asked about travel outside the country in the last 90 days, but nothing about mode of transportation.  No mention of cruising at all.  I bet every state Health Department each developed a standard questionnaire. 

I've been to some health appointments recently and they asked if I'd traveled at all in the last two weeks. I haven't, but I wonder if there would have been follow-up questions to that, or if any sort of travel would have gotten me sent home.

I am located in TN.  I have had several doctor appointments along with xrays over the past 2 weeks and I was only asked if I have had any of the symptoms in the past 2 weeks.  No question of any type of traveling recently.

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

We all know cruising hasn't even resumed, yet it is still a specific topic on health screening questions.

It's interesting, I was on a video call last night and one of my friends claimed that she has been house-sitting for a neighbor who has been on 2 cruises recently. (As in, the past couple of months since I last talked to this friend.) I questioned her a little, because I KNOW cruises aren't happening here out of the US, but she said that this neighbor goes to Mexico & cruises. So I don't know if you can still get to Mexico from the US and do localized cruising there, or if she really just doesn't know what her neighbor is doing. 

It's beside your point, but just got my curiosity going.

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

For those who reside outside of Michigan, is this a universal health screening process? 

I'm in Texas, and the questions have been varied wherever I've gone, so I don't think there is a universal set of questions here. 

6 hours ago, cherylnj said:

Here in Florida, at 2 different Drs practices, I was asked about cruising. Must be something in the CDC guidance. 😔

The CDC has Level 3 warnings regarding travel for:

1.  International travel worldwide;

2.  Cruising of any type, anywhere.

On 7/14/2020 at 1:39 PM, mamaneedsavacay said:

It's interesting, I was on a video call last night and one of my friends claimed that she has been house-sitting for a neighbor who has been on 2 cruises recently. (As in, the past couple of months since I last talked to this friend.) I questioned her a little, because I KNOW cruises aren't happening here out of the US, but she said that this neighbor goes to Mexico & cruises. So I don't know if you can still get to Mexico from the US and do localized cruising there, or if she really just doesn't know what her neighbor is doing. 

It's beside your point, but just got my curiosity going.

I'm in Texas, and the questions have been varied wherever I've gone, so I don't think there is a universal set of questions here. 

She doesn’t know what her neighbor is doing. No ports in North America are cruising (minus small ship speciality 50-200 pax size). The first regions to likely resume large ship mass market cruising will be Asia and Europe The first regions to likely resume large ship mass market cruising will be Asia and Europe going off of how Covid-19 is spreading.