Hotel/Flights with all the uncertainty

I just booked hotel reservations for my trip in July of next year.  I know, not as close as yours, but the popular hotels were already filled and most of the overly expensive ones were also.  A YEAR OUT!!!!  Luckily I did find one that will do, but you might want to call the actual hotel that you are planning on staying in and see what they think (plus, booking through the actual hotel is better and easier to work with rather than something like Expedia because they are happy to work with you).

On 7/20/2020 at 6:17 PM, INeedAMaiTai said:

I just booked hotel reservations for my trip in July of next year.  I know, not as close as yours, but the popular hotels were already filled and most of the overly expensive ones were also.  A YEAR OUT!!!!  Luckily I did find one that will do, but you might want to call the actual hotel that you are planning on staying in and see what they think (plus, booking through the actual hotel is better and easier to work with rather than something like Expedia because they are happy to work with you).

Also , when you book directly with the hotel you get to stay at the hotel.  It doesn’t happen frequently, but two times - once in Rome and once in Paris when we got to the Expedia-booked hotel we were advised they were filled, and we got referred to another one. Sure - you get your room — eventually — but it can cost you several hours of what might be a short visit, and it might be in a less desired area.

On 7/15/2020 at 6:41 PM, Joebucks said:

There is zero reason to book a flight this early. You can book and have quite the decent selection of flights even 1-2 months out. Pricing also fluctuates all over the place. People book early because there are misconceptions that it will sell out and that it's the best price. Neither are generally true. While anything can be cancelled, I wouldn't book much more than 2 months out to minimize issues.

I know it's not the exactly the same, but if I waited 1-2 months out to purchase tickets from Minnesota to Florida for a January trip, it would be nasty. We have been doing it for years and the planes tend to fill up early and prices go way up. In all the years we have been traveling, I have never seen a price drop that made me wish I would have waited.

On 7/17/2020 at 11:28 AM, sanger727 said:

I"m sure an underlying respiratory issue could be to blame in some people but for the most part I think it depends on what type of mask they are wearing and what activities they are doing. I have N95 and non N95 masks and by far the N95's are much more difficult to breathe through. I have no issues wearing a non-N95 mask for sitting at my desk or walking down a hallway but even with those I get short on breath when walking up/down stairs or doing anything more physical than a leisurely walking pace. 

This is why medical evaluation is required when respirators are required for work.

To ensure you do not cause the person issues with the restriction to breathing throuh the respirator.